The Student Room Group

Triple science gcse

Is triple science gcse easy? I've choosen it since im really interested. Which is the hardest- chemistry, physics or biology? thanks.
Reply 1
It's not easy but it's not hard, it just requires a lot of remembering. Personally, I find Chemistry the most annoying and the most difficult to get to grips with. Biology for me is the easiest to remember stuff for. Physics has a bit of both in there.
Compared to any of the Alevels it was all super easy. I guess it depends on how good you are at science.
Reply 3
I am getting good grades in science and I find biology easy since we have done lot of biology now. But I am not sure of chemistry and physics
Original post by katebeckett
I am getting good grades in science and I find biology easy since we have done lot of biology now. But I am not sure of chemistry and physics

If you are planning on doing any science A levels it's best to do triple.
Reply 5
Gcses mean little, do whichever you think will be best for you to get a good grade. Even if you want to do a level science, you can still get away without triple with no issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm currently doing triple science. It is a lot more than work but you learn a lot more which helps you if you are planning on doing A level :smile: plus its fun and you get another GCSE so aslong as you're ok with putting in abit more effort it is definitely worth it
Reply 7
Original post by Jacob :)
If you are planning on doing any science A levels it's best to do triple.

I did GCSE Science with my eyes closed =D (Jokes!). But I loved Science hence why I got good grads. But maths ...:colonhash:
Reply 8
Is triple science gcse easy? I've choosen it since im really interested. Which is the hardest- chemistry, physics or biology? thanks.

Yes and no. It's easy because most of the content is pretty simple to comprehend. It's difficult as all sciences, particularly Biology, require a good memory as there's a lot to remember! That being said, they're all really enjoyable and would highly recommend it if you enjoy science now :smile:

With relevance to which is the hardest, for me it's Chemistry. But the difficulty of each one is subjective.
Reply 9
I agree, biology is quite simple to most people, and physics is fine once you get the hang of it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Wow I am opposite to everyone here, for some reason I seem to struggle most with Biology, even if I am at an A overall. I think I just have a bad teacher (our class seem to get significantly lower Biology results than the other triple science group).
I find Chemistry the easiest for some reason, I'm not sure why.
Physics is mostly just calculations and most of the answers are given for you on the data sheet in the equations. I think my main struggle is interpreting the question.

I don't think triple science seems too much harder than additional science, from what I see at my school. In some ways it's easier, in additional if you're brilliant at Biology but terrible at Physics you can get a bad grade overall, in triple they're all completely separate.
If you're good at science then it won't be a problem for you at all, it really doesn't seem much more difficult than additional. But all GCSEs are a massive step up from school before that. (and A-levels I am told are a massive step up from GCSE and I'm doing all sciences at A-level next year, eek)
It's a really good gcse to do because it's so useful and it looks really good to have all three sciences. I personally find physics hardest, partly because I don't like it at all. It is a lot of work because it's obviously 3 gcses, but it's worth it.
Reply 12
hi
seeing as u guys r discussing bout biology
I was wondering does any1 have the jan 2013 higher paper with marscheme of bio, chem and phys ??
thankks
Reply 13
Original post by Type 052D
I did GCSE Science with my eyes closed =D (Jokes!). But I loved Science hence why I got good grads. But maths ...:colonhash:

Which one of the triple science subject requires maths a lot?
Thank you
Reply 14
I'm currently studying triple award and biology is super easy, especially if you do gcse pe but chemistry is my favourite yet the hardest I think! I have got the best grade in physics yet, I love sine bits but not others like the solar system and universe is amazing but I hated circuits ect. If you put the work in its worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If you enjoy science and think you might study science at A level I would highly recommend doing triple. Like all subjects, it's easy if you put work into it.

Thank you

Physics is probably the most mathematical of the sciences although chemistry can be quite mathematical.
Reply 16
Thank you

Physics involves the most calculations but they're really really easy stuff (just multiplying or dividing, and rearranging equations).
Chemistry has some maths in it, but not a lot. However I think the maths in Chemistry is more difficult than the maths in Physics.
Biology has none really, I can't think of any.
Although the papers may have some maths based questions but really only multiplying or dividing.
Reply 17
I have started my GCSE triple science course and its going pretty well... Biology is really good.. And Chemistry is alright but Physics is pretty complicated but I think over all all of it is okay as long as I understand them properly and thoroughly. Thank you everyone x :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending