The Student Room Group

Revising by planning essays

About to plan every single possible 8/12 market I can think of for my aqa as psychology unit 1 exam. Has anybody else done this/does this work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by rollinglikerob
About to plan every single possible 8/12 market I can think of for my aqa as psychology unit 1 exam. Has anybody else done this/does this work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did some essay plans when i was revising for this exam, but to be honest, seeing as the questions are only worth 8/12 marks i'd suggest you spend more time learning to content as you need to try and get every mark possible.

For experience i'd say planning essays is only worthwhile for 20+ mark essays (which you'll have at A2) and even then knowing the content is equally if not more important.
Reply 2
Original post by Delphinus
I did some essay plans when i was revising for this exam, but to be honest, seeing as the questions are only worth 8/12 marks i'd suggest you spend more time learning to content as you need to try and get every mark possible.

For experience i'd say planning essays is only worthwhile for 20+ mark essays (which you'll have at A2) and even then knowing the content is equally if not more important.

Should've clarified, I'm only making small revision plans (the size of the "plan your answer here" boxes in the actual exam), but the poin of the exercise is that I'm trying todo it without any of my notes to jog my memory. I went through all of the content last week and I do know it, but accessing it on demand is a problem :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I did. Then I practiced writing them out from memory. I got an A (back when you could not get A*).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Also, evaluation points are my weakness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Should've clarified, I'm only making small revision plans (the size of the "plan your answer here" boxes in the actual exam), but the poin of the exercise is that I'm trying todo it without any of my notes to jog my memory. I went through all of the content last week and I do know it, but accessing it on demand is a problem :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right, well i guess it should be worth your while then.

i found using my notes to write out an answer in full also helped, just so i could make lots of 'model answers'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending