The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Same answers but different ways of working some out...surely wouldn't matter?
65/75 for Me, according to Arsey's solutions. I really hope that is an A.
Hi can anyone clarify, I put all my answers to 3sf, rather than leaning it in terms of 3/5g or something would that be ok?

Also I put South West as the direction and also put making 45 degrees with the vertical string downwards, would that be alright? Thanks in advance!!
Question on 4b.

How did you get V = 34 at midpoint AB when it is accelerating constantly?
It said it was constantly accelerating and passed B with speed 34.

However, midpoint AB's speed wouldn't have been 34 would it?
Original post by Elbridge
Well, this paper is completely different from the one I sat yesterday. I suppose Edexcel is making different papers for different regions like CIE now?
(I am an international student)

It appears so.
Original post by >Untitled<
Hi can anyone clarify, I put all my answers to 3sf, rather than leaning it in terms of 3/5g or something would that be ok?

Also I put South West as the direction and also put making 45 degrees with the vertical string downwards, would that be alright? Thanks in advance!!

I put my answers to 3SF also, and they always award marks for that, unless they state a different degree of accuracy in the question.
Original post by the A* guy
I put my answers to 3SF also, and they always award marks for that, unless they state a different degree of accuracy in the question.

Thanks! Any idea about direction?
Reply 47
Omg I'm so worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by >Untitled<
Thanks! Any idea about direction?

not sure about that, i put a bearing of 45o but my answer as a bearing is wrong as it would be 225o as a bearing.
Reply 49
am I the only one who thought it was reeeaaally hard :|..
Reply 50
Was just looking through q2 and since in the question it states that it is moving up and decellerating, doesn't that mean the resultant force is down? That would mean that part a is the same but b is 50g-NR, giving the answer as 590N?
Thanks a lot for this. Going to get around a 60 out of 75 on this. Great. :mad:
What do you reckon 64/75 to be in UMS? I'm gutted because I KNEW how to do the questions but I didn't check thoroughly enough!

Also, for the last question, I put 3sqrt8*mg/5, not 6sqrt2*mg/5 and also put 'N', acting 45 degrees to the cvertical downwards. How many marks do I get? I used Pythagoras too.
Reply 53
They do award ECF marks don't they?
Reply 54
Hey guys i have 3 questions, first for 5c) i got everything right apart from i added 10s onto the 60 i got giving me 70s instead of 50! surely i only lost one mark?! also 5d) i used 70s instead of 50s giving me 0.4ms-2 instead of 0.7 :frown: how many marks would i lose for that ? (any ecf) ?? and lastly!the vectors question 7cii) i got the right method and simultaneous equated it right but messed up the ading getting a wrong t :frown: how many marks would i lose for that? any one that ANSWERS I WILL BUY YOU BROWNIES!!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Original post by komalkhan
am I the only one who thought it was reeeaaally hard :|..

No, I basically cried in this exam
Reply 56
How many marks do you think I will lose for not putting M in the last question

I got 8b )11.76N
8c) 16.6 N
Reply 57
What would the approximate grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so upset, this paper was so so so difficult. Everyone in my class found it horrible.

Even though I already have 94 UMS in C1 and can do the same in C2 my A has gone now because of this paper :frown:
Apart from my usual stupid sig fig errors, that went great! :biggrin: hopefully better than the ridiculous 79% from January...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending