The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Pistol 33
Quadrat squares and %? How did you find the last 2 questions btw,along with the the immobilised fructose questions

I got 7 for quadrat squares and 28%.. Although the bit about how I calculated the squares baffled me.. I just used the key counted :|

For the immobilised one I think I said its better because enzyme and product don't need to be mixed or separated after reaction.. Not too sure about that though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 941
Original post by Aspire101
I got 7 for quadrat squares and 28%.. Although the bit about how I calculated the squares baffled me.. I just used the key counted :|

For the immobilised one I think I said its better because enzyme and product don't need to be mixed or separated after reaction.. Not too sure about that though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put that, and then something about different densities would mean the enzyme would separate and therefore not catalyse all reactions? dunno though.. and i HATED the question on plants towards the end :'/
Original post by lucy1996
i put that, and then something about different densities would mean the enzyme would separate and therefore not catalyse all reactions? dunno though.. and i HATED the question on plants towards the end :'/[/QU
What did you put on the HEXA one, where it says why didn't the boy get the genetic disorder.
Reply 943
Original post by bwr19
Hydrochloric Acid, Bile?

6 marker wasn't too bad.. I wrote about lipase being produced in the pancreas/ small intestine, bile providing alkaline conditions and emulsifying the lipids so there is a greater surface area for lipase to act on..

Posted from TSR Mobile

did a lot worse on B2! for the fats one, what other chemicals are involved?? and i wrote a little about proteins being made in the ribosomes?!?

Original post by hs.wong96
aha i put 6.5 for the squares and 26%...

Quadrat squares and %? How did you find the last 2 questions btw,along with the the immobilised fructose questions

I didn't write the last one. What did you put for the quadrat number of squares? I put 4 like an idiot :angry:

originally put 6.5, changed it to 7. presume they'll except 6-7?

How did you get 6.5-7? im baffled

Please keep B2 dicussion to the official thread to avoid confusion Thanks! :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2350733
Reply 944
i put that, and then something about different densities would mean the enzyme would separate and therefore not catalyse all reactions? dunno though.. and i HATED the question on plants towards the end :'/

[QUOTE="33;42610113" Pistol="Pistol"]
i put that, and then something about different densities would mean the enzyme would separate and therefore not catalyse all reactions? dunno though.. and i HATED the question on plants towards the end :'/[/QU
What did you put on the HEXA one, where it says why didn't the boy get the genetic disorder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the HEXA question, what did u put when it said explain why the boy didn't get the genetic disorder or something

Please keep B2 dicussion to the official thread to avoid confusion Thanks!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2350733
Reply 945

Hmm yeah the plants one was quite confusing.. I think I said they were similar in appearance for the same species bit.. And the fact that they could interbreed. Did you get 12 for the number of chromosomes in the offspring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 946
For the 6 mark we only had to talk about factory farming didn't we as it said explain the advantages and disadvantages of the method?
Reply 947
This is B3 discussion why are people talking about B2?

Yeah Jenny, it did.
i thought the exam was good :smile:, a few tough questions... I think that i got somewhere between 47-50.
can someone remind me please what the question on mass decrease was - I got 100???
from my perspective i'm going on the basis of :

46 A*
37 A
29 B
21 C
Original post by Captain Anonymous
i thought the exam was good :smile:, a few tough questions... I think that i got somewhere between 47-50.

It thought it was okay - I think I got somewhere around that too.
Reply 952
Original post by Jennym5
For the 6 mark we only had to talk about factory farming didn't we as it said explain the advantages and disadvantages of the method?

Yh I just went on about reducing movement and heating reducing biomass lost. Takes up less land which could be used for farming. Less movement, cheaper for suppliers: cheaper for consumers. Con- Animal cruelty. Diseases because close together. Anti-biotics pass on to humans, Resistant strains developed
Original post by Alex Wonderkid
can someone remind me please what the question on mass decrease was - I got 100???

you will get 1 mark for that: you had to then divide by the time change so 150 i think it was :s-smilie:
so 100/150

= 0.6666666 / 0.7
Reply 955
so 100/150

= 0.6666666 / 0.7

Yup I got that except I wrote it as 0.67
I've never been so relieved that nothing about biogas generators came up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 957
Original post by BI0
This is B3 discussion why are people talking about B2?

Yeah Jenny, it did.

I have directed them towards the correct thread, avoids confusion :smile:
Don't think I read the question properly!
Reply 959
so 100/150

= 0.6666666 / 0.7

dude I nearly thought you meant the answer was 0.666 divided by 0.7 haha... I just put 0.6'

Latest

Trending

Trending