The Student Room Group

What message have you ever wrote to an examiner in an exam paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I had a spare hour at the end of my Core 3 exam, so I wrote my examiner my current favourite little maths 'proof'. It wasn't particularly interesting, just proving the log rules. Oh, and another about perpendicular lines having inverse reciprocal gradients.

I got 100 UMS. I liked Core 3.. :tongue:
Reply 41
GCSE Maths paper, the question was something along the lines of "Johnny has worked out __________ to be true. Show how he is correct" I wrote "Johnny has too much time on his hands and should get out more"

I got an A.
Reply 42
Original post by hannxo
Wow didn't realise people did this. I got told I'd seriously get penalised for it if I wrote notes. But regardless in my mechanics exam last year I wrote a note to my examiner saying that I have a migraine and how unfair it was, and drew a unicorn in the next answer space. I got a U. He either had no sympathy or doesn't believe in unicorns. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

U for Unicorn!

He does believe. Your just very unfortunate the grading scheme isn't the other way round.
Reply 43
I changed the question of an exam because I didn't like it.

I got a U.
Original post by Oromis263
I had a spare hour at the end of my Core 3 exam, so I wrote my examiner my current favourite little maths 'proof'. It wasn't particularly interesting, just proving the log rules. Oh, and another about perpendicular lines having inverse reciprocal gradients.

I got 100 UMS. I liked Core 3.. :tongue:

An hour left? How long is C3 these days?
Reply 45
Original post by Magdatrix >_<
An hour left? How long is C3 these days?

90 minutes.
Reply 46
I once heard a story of someone who built an entire English essay about a serial killer examiner that mutilated children's bodies if that counts. She came out with 10 A*s
Original post by TheBitchOf96
Haha I'm thinking about doing this, would I get marked down if I did it in an A Level exam?
just don't do it like seriously just no , don't go there
Reply 48
'P.S. love your shoes, where did you get them from!'

One of my tutors had the most amazing snake-skin high tops. They were bloody gorgeous!

She wrote the website down and the price bless her. Still have that essay in my folder!
Original post by Rybee
'P.S. love your shoes, where did you get them from!'

One of my tutors had the most amazing snake-skin high tops. They were bloody gorgeous!

She wrote the website down and the price bless her. Still have that essay in my folder!

Almost 'lol'ed, but I think I would've actually 'lol'ed if this examiner was someone external :biggrin:
Reply 50
I only have the guts to do this in mocks, but I've done all the Facebook "legendaries". Circled X and wrote "Found it". In a proof question, I wrote the proof that women are the root of all evil. During English GCSE mock, the question was something to do with write it as if it were a blog, So I drew Google ads boxes everywhere. Then again, All my teachers have a good sense of humour.
Original post by dada55
I only have the guts to do this in mocks, but I've done all the Facebook "legendaries". Circled X and wrote "Found it". In a proof question, I wrote the proof that women are the root of all evil. During English GCSE mock, the question was something to do with write it as if it were a blog, So I drew Google ads boxes everywhere. Then again, All my teachers have a good sense of humour.

No you didn't, why lie?
"How much do you get paid to mark these?"
Reply 53
In GCSE last year there was this annoying maths question and I ran out of space so there was writing everywhere, and scribbles. It was basically a right mess.
I felt sorry for the examiner so I put 'I'm really sorry about the mess, hopefully somewhere here is the right answer"
Got an A* in maths in the end, got the question right too. :smile: good old GCSE times.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
Original post by Someone-Somewhere
In my GCSE Maths exam in Year 10 I wrote an apology note for the examiner having to waste their time marking my paper and how my mum would cut me off and I'd end up getting nowhere in life without a C in Maths.

In my R.E exam I asked if they enjoyed reading bullsh*t and in my English Language reading paper I complained to the examiner at the end of the exam about the man who wrote the article using internet explorer.

I get quite bored...

Lies.

Original post by tomj45
GCSE Maths paper, the question was something along the lines of "Johnny has worked out __________ to be true. Show how he is correct" I wrote "Johnny has too much time on his hands and should get out more"

I got an A.

Lies.

Why are people lying?
Reply 55
In my product design exam, I drew a rainbow that took over the last question and begged for a mark for it.
For a French prelim I was confident I had done well in, I missed what the speaker said for a listening question. So I drew a detailed picture of a hostage situation.

"Give me the mark and no one gets hurt."
I did this a few times in GCSE. I wrote 'IT'S A MIRACLE!' across my physics paper because I was so happy I understood physics for once.
I also wrote on the first page of GCSE maths that I was worried my teacher would eat me if I didn't get an A.
I got an A
Reply 58
Original post by walkervince
No you didn't, why lie?

You either didn't read my comment properly, or just love making assumptions.

It was all done on mocks marked by my teachers. I also still did the questions, just included those messages as well.
And obviously I knew the teachers were the type that would not get offended or get me in trouble for it.

But you don't have to believe me, you sad child.
Classics paper (marked by my teacher / mock)
I wrote "I have such a bad cold, so unless you want me to die of all this thinking and writing I recommend you give me full marks for this question because I'm seriously so tired to do it" - it was only 5 marks and I managed to answer everything else correctly (A* :woo:) but I genuinely was ill which made it harder for me to work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest