The Student Room Group

D1 (Decision 1) 17 May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone, hope this exam goes well for everyone and we all pass.
Reply 821
Yey :smile: thread open

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 822
What's everyone's thoughts on today's exam?
Reply 823
Did everyone else get 54 and 36 of the boats for question 6?
Also I thought it went well except would I get the mark for only putting bipgraph for the first question? :/
Personally I couldn't have asked for a better paper to be honest, pretty standard stuff and unlike M1 and S1 no silly or sneaky questions in there, main problem was the time.

The Gantt chart with 20 activities to draw on or whatever it was, was ridiculous. Took me ages to draw and must have spent the best part of half an hour on that question alone.
Reply 825
Original post by Believable_Jeff
Personally I couldn't have asked for a better paper to be honest, pretty standard stuff and unlike M1 and S1 no silly or sneaky questions in there, main problem was the time.

The Gantt chart with 20 activities to draw on or whatever it was, was ridiculous. Took me ages to draw and must have spent the best part of half an hour on that question alone.

Really? The Gantt table took me 5 - 10 mins tops and I had 10 minutes left at the end, shame it's hard to check your answers in D1 as the only real way too do so is to redo the whole question. :frown:
Reply 826
Will there be an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 827
The last section was SO LONG. hope I haven't made mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by killmenow

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2355115
Original post by killmenow

My solutions are gradually trickling through the upload world :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I think I lost about 9 marks, uhhhh I'm so mad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Westeros
I think I lost about 9 marks, uhhhh I'm so mad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no from where
Reply 832
Original post by m4ths/maths247
My solutions are gradually trickling through the upload world :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Maths 24/7 I don't know how you wake up so early and go to sleep so late!! Don't know whats motivating you. You were going crazy on Twitter posting so many solutions haha!

Thank you so much for the support in this exam I really couldn't have done it without your Videos. Based on Arseys Makescheme lowest I got was probably around 69/75.

Would you please be able to provide any advice on how I can keep motivated to keep on track and the importance of learning from mistakes?

I often find I don't want to do papers as I don't like making mistakes but need to get those A/A*s, anything would truly be great even a quote or something.
Original post by Better
Maths 24/7 I don't know how you wake up so early and go to sleep so late!! Don't know whats motivating you. You were going crazy on Twitter posting so many solutions haha!

Thank you so much for the support in this exam I really couldn't have done it without your Videos. Based on Arseys Makescheme lowest I got was probably around 69/75.

Would you please be able to provide any advice on how I can keep motivated to keep on track and the importance of learning from mistakes?

I often find I don't want to do papers as I don't like making mistakes but need to get those A/A*s, anything would truly be great even a quote or something.

You are welcome. Sleep is for the weak :wink:
I am fairly happy with the answers that are uploading now although will sit down and do it thoroughly at some point.

Staying motivated?
Depends on your mindset. I am driven to be the best I can be for my students and myself and don't struggle to keep pushing on.
Short term goals though may get you through this sticky point though.
You are welcome. Sleep is for the weak :wink:
I am fairly happy with the answers that are uploading now although will sit down and do it thoroughly at some point.

Staying motivated?
Depends on your mindset. I am driven to be the best I can be for my students and myself and don't struggle to keep pushing on.
Short term goals though may get you through this sticky point though.

Hi sir what did you think of the paper?
Reply 835
Hi guys.

i mucked up the quick sort.
i did it in increasing rather than decreasing by mistake.
how many marks will i lose? Because the bin packing followed on from that :s-smilie:

cheers
Original post by otrivine
Hi sir what did you think of the paper?

Q1 - standard book work
Q2 - standard book work
Q3 - standard book work
Q4 - standard book work although 1/2 to be careful on
Q5 - standard book work
Q6 - wording will annoy some students and the region R not bein enclosed. Nice Integer solutions though
Q7 - Messy diagram lot's of opportunities to slip up and the # of workers questions and the justification may cause issues

Overall, fairly ok for most students. No definitions. No dodgy algorithms and nothing off the scale.
I always think about how pupils will view this paper in years to come when doing past papers.
What will they think of it away from the pressure of the exam? Quite a nice paper

64/65 for an A is my guess and 75 for max UMS. I dont think there were enough quirks to drop lots of marks.
That though is my educated guess and certainly not gospel. :smile:
Q1 - standard book work
Q2 - standard book work
Q3 - standard book work
Q4 - standard book work although 1/2 to be careful on
Q5 - standard book work
Q6 - wording will annoy some students and the region R not bein enclosed. Nice Integer solutions though
Q7 - Messy diagram lot's of opportunities to slip up and the # of workers questions and the justification may cause issues

Overall, fairly ok for most students. No definitions. No dodgy algorithms and nothing off the scale.
I always think about how pupils will view this paper in years to come when doing past papers.

What will they think of it away from the pressure of the exam? Quite a nice paper

64/65 for an A is my guess and 75 for max UMS. I dont think there were enough quirks
to drop lots of marks.
That though is my educated guess and certainly not gospel. :smile:

I spent so much time learning all the definitions too, sir how many marks would l lose roughly

For question 1 I have 3 alternating path,change status and complete matching , and again gave another 3

For question 2 I did my quick sort correctly but it was a bit messy , it will not be a problem right , because the examiners are experienced markers right:confused:

For question on the gantt using my cascade to get lower bound I used time 12 activities and said 4 of them must be happening and one of them may be happening so 5 workers are suited
what did you guys get for the total float for activity M?
Reply 839
Original post by otrivine
I spent so much time learning all the definitions too, sir how many marks would l lose roughly

For question 1 I have 3 alternating path,change status and complete matching , and again gave another 3

For question 2 I did my quick sort correctly but it was a bit messy , it will not be a problem right , because the examiners are experienced markers right:confused:

For question on the gantt using my cascade to get lower bound I used time 12 activities and said 4 of them must be happening and one of them may be happening so 5 workers are suited

It is impossible to know unless he has your paper.

Jeez, people freak out for no reason. If your retaking, you still have C3 and C4 left.

If you found the paper hard despite the work you put in, your not putting yourself under enough stress/replicating the Examination conditions correctly. A propensity to get stressed out almost CERTAINLY leads to lackluster performances.

Keep calm and carry on regardless.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending