The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by 344302
Cool!! I checked other mark schemes and it doesn't really mention this!!
I did this too!!
Hope we get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

other mark schemes??? what????
Reply 521
Arsey THANKS so much for all model solutions! :biggrin:
Reply 522
Original post by Arsey
What do you mean by that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I quickly ask,
For the standard deviation normal distribution question I did p(x<210)=0.99
Corresponding z value was 2.32 from the first table. Do I lose marks for not using the second table? So my answer was 2.155 ( which i rounded to 2.16)?

Am I obliged to use the second table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 523
Original post by Xx4L3x
other mark schemes??? what????

Other mark schemes involving Venn diagram questions. I guess it's ok since it adds up to 1 .. Hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 524
Original post by joereed
this sounds like mine - a box with 3 random circles in and no overlap?

Yes! That's exactly what i did, I didn't think they they would need to overlap? Reckon we will still get some marks for it? I hope we do
Reply 525
Any guesses on raw score for 90 UMS? and for 95 UMS?

Thanks!!
Reply 526
Original post by Titus20
Sorry, I realise I'm being a massive pain in the arse. For the venn diagram I didn't include the values 9, 64 and 77. Would you guess that as one or two marks lost? Thank you, hope that's clearer.

Please? sorry to nag:frown:
Original post by Titus20
Please? sorry to nag:frown:

definitely atleast one mark lost , the values were fairly crucial.
Original post by 6formsce
Yes! That's exactly what i did, I didn't think they they would need to overlap? Reckon we will still get some marks for it? I hope we do

Aslong as you had the events F , H and C all intersecting ( overlapping ) with the event B , BUT F , H and C didn't overlap each other then your correct :smile:

thats what i did anyway - did one big circle for event B , then had the other three circles intersecting the big circle , but the other three did not intersect each other.
Reply 529
I got all those answers (Yippee!)... Potentially may have forgotten to round 2,492,222.222 or whatever it was to 3.s.f in the first question though and also Arsey has a more accurate Phi table than we were given so I think the mean was actually equal to 219.984 in the last question..
Apart from that no worries! :biggrin:
Reply 530
Original post by Fas
definitely atleast one mark lost , the values were fairly crucial.

yeah i know one mark lost, i was thinking 1 mark for shape, one for nothing in middle of middle circle and one for other intersections. does 3/4 sound reasonable? thank you
Reply 531
I wonder if I would lose marks for not putting 0 in the venn diagrams.

And for not saying explicitly these 2 values are outliers...

I calculated the outlier limits and marked them on the boxplot correctly, will I lose marks for not stating on paper ( writing the 2 outlier values ) opposed to plotting them?
Original post by Titus20
yeah i know one mark lost, i was thinking 1 mark for shape, one for nothing in middle of middle circle and one for other intersections. does 3/4 sound reasonable? thank you

if your trying to estimate the mark you achieved , i'd play it safe and say 2/4 . it definitely cannot be lower , so theres a likely chance you will get the 3/4 , but don't want to estimate too high - always better to estimate too low than too high :smile:
Original post by ArcRaman
I wonder if I would lose marks for not putting 0 in the venn diagrams.

And for not saying explicitly these 2 values are outliers...

I calculated the outlier limits and marked them on the boxplot correctly, will I lose marks for not stating on paper ( writing the 2 outlier values ) opposed to plotting them?

nah im pretty certain Edexcel wouldn't be that dickish to do that - by leaving it blank you pretty much telling them it's zero anyway.

aslong as you marked the outliers on the box plot with a cross or something like that , you will get the marks :smile:
Reply 534
would i get error carried forward and method marks if i get the equation for the regression line wrong - surely i cant lose all 7 marks?
Reply 535
Original post by 6formsce

max 1 for showing that they are mutually exclusive, that's all I can think of. otherwise this and the following question has killed me
Original post by ocelot92
would i get error carried forward and method marks if i get the equation for the regression line wrong - surely i cant lose all 7 marks?

you'd think so , but this is S1 - if you go wrong early they don't tend to give error carried forward marks :frown:
Reply 537
Original post by Fas
if your trying to estimate the mark you achieved , i'd play it safe and say 2/4 . it definitely cannot be lower , so theres a likely chance you will get the 3/4 , but don't want to estimate too high - always better to estimate too low than too high :smile:

that's true. thank you very much. do you think you'd be able to help me on one more question? :smile:
Original post by Titus20
that's true. thank you very much. do you think you'd be able to help me on one more question? :smile:

no problem - yeah mate go for it :smile:
Reply 539
Original post by Fas
you'd think so , but this is S1 - if you go wrong early they don't tend to give error carried forward marks :frown:

damn what would be the grade boundaries for about 85ums?

Latest

Trending

Trending