The Student Room Group

Talking to cute guy on uni's library

Scroll to see replies

"I would say 'do you come here often' but....I already know" :K:

Or go in dressed in a onesie asking for money for charity...that's the only time people seem to speak to strangers in my library.

Or just say hey.
Original post by Anonymous
OK guys i'm seeing him next Monday and i've come up with this idea:
I "accidentally" pick a seat next to him and then say "this is not possible, every time I come to the library you're here. How many exams have you got?"

On a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being "stupid" and 10 being "excellent", how would you grade my idea?
:biggrin:

Such a silly tactic, 'this is not possible, every time I come to the library you're here'.

Think of something else.
Reply 82
Just walk over to him and ask him what his name is?

He will either respond by telling you his name or asking why you want to know his name?

You should getting talking after this.

Anyway good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
say hello
Reply 84
I "accidentally" pick a seat next to him and then say "this is not possible, every time I come to the library you're here. How many exams have you got?"

On a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being "stupid" and 10 being "excellent", how would you grade my idea?

Oh just say hello man. It's not that hard. And follow up to say "what course you doing, I see you a lot here" what you're saying sounds so pre-rehearsed. Honestly people it's not rocket science. Then from there he'll say the course, you say something on the lines of 'that sounds hard,' or 'how do you find it'
Picking a convo isn't as hard as people make it out to be. What you do is that you get them to talk about themselves, everyone no matter how modest they are loves to talk about themselves.
(edited 10 years ago)

This will work but you have to be completely natural OP. Don't force it!
Reply 86
Stare at him. Hold you gaze. If he begins to look nervous and scared, he loves you.

If he ask's you what you're look at. Don't speak a word. Just keep staring, apply heavy breathing if needs be. This has proven to work. Remember you're trying to flirt, not scare him.
Say hi, smile, wave, nod or wink in a nervous awkward manner

Posted from TSR Mobile
When he leaves his books slip a note with your number under the next page of his book
Reply 89
Original post by Scott.
Stare at him. Hold you gaze. If he begins to look nervous and scared, he loves you.

If he ask's you what you're look at. Don't speak a word. Just keep staring, apply heavy breathing if needs be. This has proven to work. Remember you're trying to flirt, not scare him.

That sounds creepy as ****. I'd be pretty nervous regardless of whether she's fit or not.
I feel like this song should help you out :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=por5rbMjTv4

Written by some girl from my uni and sums up perfectly why it's as easy to pull in the library as in clubs :tongue:
Reply 91
This may sound ridiculously childish, it probably is, but I just don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy because the term is going to be over soon and who knows if i'll ever see him again (different schedules).

Basically every Monday I go to to study to the library and there he is, this overly cute guy, just meters away from me. The first time I saw him there I obviously couldn't keep my eyes off him, and he must have noticed because he looked at me from time to time. However we haven't spoken a single word to each other, probably because he seems so shy!

This has been going on like this for weeks, and I am 98% sure that he has noticed something going on. Every time he stands up to pick a book I look at him and he sometimes looks back at me, and i'm like, what the heck is going on in his mind!?

I don't know his name, I don't know what he's studying (probably chemistry), basically I know nothing about him..

I've been trying to figure out what to say to him, and all I could think of was giving him a note with my phone number HAHA that's so lame.

Any ideas? What do I do??
Cute guy, how do I approach you??

The way you describe this guy, it's like describing me.
I'm fairly shy, there's this girl in my school where we do the same. I've wasted this whole year not speaking to her. I just don't have the balls I guess? I know she has an interest in me because she talks about me to my friend.

This dude seems a little like me, so maybe you should say hi first? I know it sounds bad but it makes it a lot easier for him. That's what I'd want anyway.

If you need any more help or anything you're more than welcome to inbox me.
Reply 92

That's a good idea. Just don't say "this is not possible" maybe ask to borrow a pen or something? Then get ask what you're studying etc.
Reply 93
Good idea :smile: how did it go?
Come on OP, what happened?
Just say hello!
i'v got a solution...
step 1. go and sit next to him
step 2. after a bit ask him if you could borrow a pen because your pen has ran out
step 3. while he's looking for a pen to give you ask him what he is studying and what it's about
and there you go you'r finally talking..........
Reply 97
Get your tits out
Reply 98
I haven't gathered up enough courage to talk to him yet :colondollar:
He definitely knows I exist, he sat right next to me today (only because it was the only available seat :tongue:)

But don't worry, if by the end of the term I haven't talked to him I've already made up my mind, i'm going to leave him a note with my phone number... and never go back to the library hahaha
I haven't gathered up enough courage to talk to him yet :colondollar:
He definitely knows I exist, he sat right next to me today (only because it was the only available seat :tongue:)

But don't worry, if by the end of the term I haven't talked to him I've already made up my mind, i'm going to leave him a note with my phone number... and never go back to the library hahaha

Trust me if you dont gather the courage to talk to him now the chances are you never will, i once waited a whole year to talk to a girl, turned out she was into me but i took too long and she was already dating another guy:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending