The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What did people put down for breaking distance increasing mass
Reply 441
The paper was not hard, but I wasted my time and missed out on a entire question, I hope I will still get an A. the person marking my paper will probably suicide seeing how I answered all the hard questions and left the easiest one blank. :frown:
Reply 442
Original post by Baraf
The paper was not hard, but I wasted my time and missed out on a entire question, I hope I will still get an A. the person marking my paper will probably suicide seeing how I answered all the hard questions and left the easiest one blank. :frown:

what do you reckon the mark boundary will be like (raw marks)?
Reply 443
I know I lost at least 20-25 marks, I still hope I get a B, I made silly mistakes
Reply 444
so for the two springs question and the little cart or whatever it was, where it asked you to find the acceleration what did you put. i heard someone say b-a but i thought as the car had been pulled back spring a would push and spring b would pull meaning force of a + force of b and then find acceleration by dividing be mass ???
If we compare this to Jan 13 where 41/60 = 68.3% was an A and 37/60 = 61.6% was a B so the 100% UMS boundary would be 49/60 = 81.7%,
It depends how hard this paper was compared to Jan 13, do you all think it was easier, harder or about the same?
Reply 446
Original post by yodawg321
What did people put down for breaking distance increasing mass

FX = half M V squared , so distance is proportional to mass. So if the mass increases then the distance will too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrJiggly

Some people said it was easy and some people found it hard. I will say 42-44 for an A
Reply 448
Some people said it was easy and some people found it hard. I will say 42-44 for an A

Really i thought it was harder that jan2013 by a long way which was 41 for an A
Original post by dakenSoren
If we compare this to Jan 13 where 41/60 = 68.3% was an A and 37/60 = 61.6% was a B so the 100% UMS boundary would be 49/60 = 81.7%,
It depends how hard this paper was compared to Jan 13, do you all think it was easier, harder or about the same?

Jan 13 was easier, I sat it as my mock.
Reply 450
Original post by dakenSoren

I found it easier than jan but it might be because I am more prepared for this one and jan was a mock
To derive Work done = 0.5mv^2,
use the previous equations so Work done = Force * distance
Force = mass * acceleration
=> Work done = mass * acceleration * distance
Using v^2 = u^2 + 2as => as = (v^2 - u^2)/2
As u = 0 this simplifies to as = (v^2)/2
=>Work done = mass * (v^2)/2
= 0.5mv^2
Reply 452
Original post by Joeyoh9292
So far that's the consensus (and my answer). The next most-written answer is 14. You had to find B-A because A was pulling on B, which had more force, so it was larger force - lesser force (thus B-A). Reasoning is that they're both initially stretched.

I thought that a was providing a pushing force and b ws providing a pushing force, so it was a+b, then divided by m
Original post by MikeyP96
i said it was polymeric

Is that the same a polynomial, or did I just make that up :confused:

CRAP, I don't know what I was thinking of! DAMN, do I still get marks for describing their properties correctly?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 454
What do you reckon the raw mark would be for UMS90
Reply 455

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I lost 15 marks. Hopefully, you're right XD
Reply 456
Original post by MrJiggly

unfortunately they are most likely going to be high, since this is a June paper after all, people who took the paper in Jan would have been more prepared I guess.

June to get an A

2012---46
2011---48
2010---47

Jan to get an A

2012---44
2011---43

so hopefully that question I missed out will be the only marks I lost, I feel pretty confident in the rest of the paper, just ran out of time :frown:
Original post by harrydry
so for the two springs question and the little cart or whatever it was, where it asked you to find the acceleration what did you put. i heard someone say b-a but i thought as the car had been pulled back spring a would push and spring b would pull meaning force of a + force of b and then find acceleration by dividing be mass ???

I did b-a (because they were acting in opposite directions )to find the net force and then used F=ma so a= F/m.. If we are talking about the same question:smile:
Original post by Baraf
unfortunately they are most likely going to be high, since this is a June paper after all, people who took the paper in Jan would have been more prepared I guess.

June to get an A

2012---46
2011---48
2010---47

Jan to get an A

2012---44
2011---43

so hopefully that question I missed out will be the only marks I lost, I feel pretty confident in the rest of the paper, just ran out of time :frown:

Its not about being in June though, if lots of people found the paper hard then the grade boundaries will be low regardless of the time.
raw mark for 90ums is always 60/60. has anyone got the paper can you please email it to me..

Latest

Trending

Trending