The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find chemistry today?
Original post by MattFletcher
Why do you want to do two languages?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love languages - I'm taking Latin GCSE also.
Original post by MangoFreak
What I'm doing? :tongue:

EDIT: I just realised that was link to the German course :tongue: There are other languages on there :lol:

A bit steep in price :s-smilie:
Original post by gomg
o jesus that english lit paper

was haard

I know that feel
Original post by Bude8
Maths is easy. Again, my notes are OP (I had the best maths/teacher in the school :lol:), so let me know if you'd like them. I'm sure we're all willing to help each other with things that we don't understand :smile:

On this paper, I'm pretty sure the following will come up:
Constructions
Vectors
Histograms

Omg do you have note on functions?
Please say yes :biggrin:

Ahh thanks, I'm useless at those three too though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
I know the answer was

whatever you answer for previous question divided by (6/44) :smile: then that had to be divided by 100 to make it KJ .. I got something like 1085.7 KJ

I forgot how to do it.. I finally gave up on that question.
What did you put for the question on how the boy could improve the reliability and how/why the method can be used to compare different fuels ?
Now it's time for physics...:s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pabblethefish
How did everyone find chemistry today?

Is that igcse? Can't discuss it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AshenSun

Of Mice and Men, I could have kissed the examiner when I saw Slim had come up for the extract. The part b was a little tricky but I think it went well. Wrote about physical appearance, symbolism and the theme of power and strength.

I knew Slim would come up!

Having said that, I don't think I did very well on Part a... I just kept talking about what a swell guy Slim is and basically waffled about respect, majesty and hierarchy, I didn't really get much AO2 in :frown:

However, I think I may have countered this with my response to part b as I got a load of AO1, a fair bit of AO2 in and a lot of AO4 in :smile:
I knew Slim would come up!

Having said that, I don't think I did very well on Part a... I just kept talking about what a swell guy Slim is and basically waffled about respect, majesty and hierarchy, I didn't really get much AO2 in :frown:

However, I think I may have countered this with my response to part b as I got a load of AO1, a fair bit of AO2 in and a lot of AO4 in :smile:

So happy TSR predictions were right!
When I opened the paper I thought "Ok good, Eric is here... Let me quickly turn over, oh look it's Slim! Love your TSR!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think chemistry could have gone any better today, about 60% of the exam was in my mock and a lot of it came from the specimen paper! My only worry is on the 6 mark question about titrations, I didn't realise it was a base to acid titration, not acid to base until last minute so I made a lot of crossings out and asterisks - it's all pretty accurate but I worry about QWC... I also did a short paragraph summarising the experiment just in case I had missed anything out in the explanation because I panicked :tongue:
what questions came up for inspector calls and of mice and men?
Original post by Olympiad
Is that igcse? Can't discuss it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it's GCSE AQA :smile:
Original post by emilialucy
I just talked about how the last line ''as all the woman drew closer to the table'' was a metaphor for death or something. xD
What do you think will come up for Lord of the flies/ A View from the Bridge (if you're doing them!!)

I mentioned that too xD :five: !!!

and I did that exam in june last year and got full UMS (not bragging or anything ;D ) ... no idea how I though I had messed it up :lol:

I did lord of the flies and blood brothers :smile:
if I remember correctly the questions for LOTF were 'which characters do you feel most sympathy for explain why ?' and a diary question I think :/
Nope, it's GCSE AQA :smile:

Sorry, just that there was an edexcel one too today

Posted from TSR Mobile
So happy TSR predictions were right!
When I opened the paper I thought "Ok good, Eric is here... Let me quickly turn over, oh look it's Slim! Love your TSR!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who is Eric?

I was glad it was Slim but slightly annoyed as the page in my OMAM book I had folded in for notes WAS the extract... but I found part b the best to answer because you could write about anything as long as it showed hierarchical themes such as racism etc. :biggrin:
Original post by IGCSE Student
what questions came up for inspector calls and of mice and men?

In OMAM it was an extract on Slim and to talk about other parts of the story where there's a more important character presented and how it's used in context (or something along those lines).
Who is Eric?

I was glad it was Slim but slightly annoyed as the page in my OMAM book I had folded in for notes WAS the extract... but I found part b the best to answer because you could write about anything as long as it showed hierarchical themes such as racism etc. :biggrin:

Yeah!
He's another kid in inspector calls - TSR also predicted him :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA P2 exam on Thursday thread link :smile:
I'm giving up with maths - somebody motivate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is the exam/what board are you with?
Original post by PriyaPaul
I forgot how to do it.. I finally gave up on that question.
What did you put for the question on how the boy could improve the reliability and how/why the method can be used to compare different fuels ?
Now it's time for physics...:s-smilie:

1st one I put he can put a lid on it to stop energy being wasted to heat surroundings and also surround the beaker with cotton wool for the same reason :smile:

2nd one I put ... because they can be measured in J/gram or something and each will have the same inaccuracy with same control variables :smile:
( summat along those lines :L )

yes physics -_- where I can't get an A* :frown: and need 68 UMS for an A ... I say is there any point in revising ?
Sorry, just that there was an edexcel one too today

Posted from TSR Mobile

CIE too.

Ok my functions notes aren't brilliant, do you still want me to explain them instead? I'll just make my own notes xD
Original post by Bude8
CIE too.

Ok my functions notes aren't brilliant, do you still want me to explain them instead? I'll just make my own notes xD

Yes please please with a cherry on top :biggrin:
Speaking of cherries, I haven't had one in ages :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest