The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

The word cringe is really overused and I'm sure most people that overuse it have no idea what it means.
Popular culture is terrible.
Mass immigration is detrimental.
The labour party is a horrific organisation.
No one really gives a **** about Europe.
BBC Radio 1 is the worst thing the BBC could possibly offer.
Extreme leftist people make me want to die. God help us if our country ever goes that way.
Facebook is terrible.
Multiculturalism does not exist.
Whist religious people trying to convince you that there is a god is very annoying, people bleating endless science theories trying to disprove them is equally, if not more annoying.
Original post by jackf1337
The word cringe is really overused and I'm sure most people that overuse it have no idea what it means.
Popular culture is terrible.
Mass immigration is detrimental.
The labour party is a horrific organisation.
No one really gives a **** about Europe.
BBC Radio 1 is the worst thing the BBC could possibly offer.
Extreme leftist people make me want to die. God help us if our country ever goes that way.
Facebook is terrible.
Multiculturalism does not exist.Why doesn't it exist?
Whist religious people trying to convince you that there is a god is very annoying, people bleating endless science theories trying to disprove them is equally, if not more annoying. Completely agree with this.

:smile:
Original post by SophieSmall
:smile:

I don't think it exists because from my experience people tend to segregate themselves racially and big towns/cities are often ghettoised along racial grounds. I think it's mainly a thing of the older generation, less so of our generation but only marginally. I think the more educated and open minded someone is, the less prone they are to segregate themselves.
Original post by jackf1337
I don't think it exists because from my experience people tend to segregate themselves racially and big towns/cities are often ghettoised along racial grounds. I think it's mainly a thing of the older generation, less so of our generation but only marginally. I think the more educated and open minded someone is, the less prone they are to segregate themselves.

Ahh I see what you mean, segregation voluntary or not is a sad. :frown:
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

I am a female, and i completely agree with you here, i don't think that women hold the right to as might responsibility as this, they will only moan at whoever gets elected anyway
Original post by CJKay
Haha, sorry I didn't focus on grades while I was working in the industry. :rolleyes:
But hey, at least now I can say I'll be in a better off position than most of the people coming out of Russell Group unis!

Oh, also: "It's not what you know, but who you know".

That sentence really does not reflect anything about anybody. 99% of my sixth form mates went to a uni somewhere.

a.) A university gives you an advantage in certain subjects
b.) University is where you meet the people, get into a certain circle and later are sorted in regards to jobs
c.) I'm a medical student at a Russell Group uni, so yeah it does say something.
I think spiders are actually quite beautiful and I don't understand why people are scared of them. Please don't squash any more spiders anybody, I find it very sad.

I wish I had a more radical opinion hahaa :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indian people annoy me and they smell of curry all the time. Always whine about racism.

Feminists is cancer and all they do is bitch and seriously annoy me. There is no point to this cause. Getting your tits out achieves nothing. Attention seeking whores.

Religion should be stamped out and those who are religious are emotionally weak.

Sluts are sluts, don't deny it. Anything above 10 before 21 means your a slut, deal with it. Your vagina is considered defunct.

Ban religion from schools.

Abortion should be necessary if the child will have mental disabilities that would severely interfere with their lives. How can you live like a retard?

And just for maximum offence, gay guys that act effeminate should be banned from going outside, people who follow fashion trends need to get a life, ban the burqa hiqab whatever and for tran-sexuals: change your sex but you will always be the biological gender your were born as. Sorry lady boys.

Come at me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Women shouldn't be able to vote

Homosexuality should be illegal

Anywhere where the black population increases to close to 50% will reduce to anarchy akin to the London riots or Detroit

The NHS should be destroyed and replaced with a private system

Polygamy should be legal

Mentally retarded should just be euphanised

There should be no welfare for single mothers, why encourage bad behaviour?

Prostitution should be legal

Immigration to the UK should be unlimited for people who score greater than 120 on an IQ test.

The list is endless.
Several people here could save themselves a couple of minutes and just write "I'm a raging sociopath".
Reply 550
Original post by ArcaneAnna
a.) A university gives you an advantage in certain subjects
b.) University is where you meet the people, get into a certain circle and later are sorted in regards to jobs
c.) I'm a medical student at a Russell Group uni, so yeah it does say something.

99% of your friends on your med course were the result of single parents?
I'm sure.
Also, even if that were the case, it does not falsify my argument at all. I never made the argument that single parents are unable to produce smart children - I said they can, but statistically much fewer do. If I suggest that 50% of the population never immigrate and you go on to tell me I'm wrong because "99% of the people I know have immigrated", that does not prove wrong that 50% of the population has not immigrated.
(edited 10 years ago)
i'm guessing about 30% of people in this thread are just posting the most extreme of views just to be controversial eh?
Original post by aari
Aren't you talking about circumcision? It's a common practice among Muslims and Jews. So, the people who get their baby boys 'mutilated' are 'mutilated' themselves. And this is not limited to boys. I saw a documentary a couple of years ago about some young Muslim girls who were made to go through the same thing. It was horrifying, to say the least! :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am.

It's common amongst those, but also amongst many Americans.

I know about FGM too :frown: what makes me sad, though, is that there are lots of campaigns against FGM, which is fantastic, but lots of people:

A - don't care about MGM

or

B - will defend it and say 'it's different'.

There's different levels of FGM, some less or more severe than MGM. Regardless of the specifics, the principle of mutilating somebody else's, especially a child's, body prior to them being able to give informed consent is disgusting and both girls AND boys should be protected fully against this :frown:
Reply 553
The more effort someone puts into their hair, clothes and (for girls) makeup when going to college/6th form, the worse their grades are.
Reply 554
Original post by ninth2
So you do agree that needlessly and painfully altering the genitals of both genders is horrifying? Just wondering since you put mutilated as 'mutilated'. :smile:

Yeah, of course! I was just quoting it cuz I couldn't have thought of a better word myself. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Yes, I am.

It's common amongst those, but also amongst many Americans.

I know about FGM too :frown: what makes me sad, though, is that there are lots of campaigns against FGM, which is fantastic, but lots of people:

A - don't care about MGM

or

B - will defend it and say 'it's different'.

There's different levels of FGM, some less or more severe than MGM. Regardless of the specifics, the principle of mutilating somebody else's, especially a child's, body prior to them being able to give informed consent is disgusting and both girls AND boys should be protected fully against this :frown:

Absolutely! I think MGM isn't given second thought or cared for too much because people who support it claim that it is scientifically advantageous for the boy. Apparently, it gets rid of all the bacteria that collects below and around the foreskin and hence prevents infections and worse. Utter crap! Nothing that better hygiene can't take care of, imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why can't we all just get along?:frown:
And after reading some of these posts, I realise a lot of you need counselling. No wonder you come on to these forums, you've failed in society so you hide behind these horrid emotions which bury you deeper in your insecurities.
Reply 558
Soliciting for prostitution should be legalised and brothels should be regulated.
Many countries in which this is the case have a lower rate of violent crime against prostitutes, amongst other things.
Regulating brothels would mean that all prostitutes are required to go through monthly STD checks and use protection at all times and all rooms in the brothels would be monitored. Security would be in place and the job would be made much safer for both parties (the prostitute and the person who's hiring them).
FireScirocco1's hate list:

Original post by FireScirocco1
Women shouldn't be able to vote

Women: check!

Homosexuality should be illegal

Gays: check!

Anywhere where the black population increases to close to 50% will reduce to anarchy akin to the London riots or Detroit

Blacks: check!

The NHS should be destroyed and replaced with a private system

The poor: check!

Polygamy should be legal

Mentally retarded should just be euphanised

The ill: check!

There should be no welfare for single mothers, why encourage bad behaviour?

Common sense: check!

(You'd punish a mother for bringing up her kid(s) even though the dad buggered off/died/whatever? And you'd consider that bad behaviour?)

Prostitution should be legal

And this is good behaviour? I'm gonna assume this is just for men though right?

Immigration to the UK should be unlimited for people who score greater than 120 on an IQ test.

The list is endless.

Well done, I think you just about covered all the bases :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest