The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
I did a compound graph too, it's when the bars are on top if each other and I also got 0.739 - forgot to round up :/ but overall I thought it was a decent paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the question about the sketch map, will a field sketch gain any marks? If I have correct labels?:confused:
Original post by alice.o123
tell me about it :frown:(( literally kicking myself, i mean all the table and working was technically right up to the 1- part, but the following question on significance will be wrong. but could they do error carried forward if we applied the critical values for significance right for our value, still shows that we understand the technique, not sure though :/

I did that too, pisses me off how I can get the easiest bit of the paper wrong! I really hope we can get carried through marks for the significance bit because surely it be a bit unfair if we didnt? :s-smilie:
Original post by Toby.b1995
On the question about the sketch map, will a field sketch gain any marks? If I have correct labels?:confused:

I thought they were the same thing!
Reply 284
Original post by Ellsxo
Uhm I drew a bar for death rate and then on top of it I did the birth rate.. and then did this for every country. I dunno I saw it in a past paper..

Sounds like it was the way to go...I'm still hoping that my scatter graphs awards some marks though
Omg I completely ran out of time for this paper. I
missed out 3 questions and the ones I did do I got wrong :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BayHarborButcher
I did that too, pisses me off how I can get the easiest bit of the paper wrong! I really hope we can get carried through marks for the significance bit because surely it be a bit unfair if we didnt? :s-smilie:

yeah i really hope we get error carried forward, because as long as you've applied the significance levels right, even if the value is wrong it still shows understanding of significance levels relating to a coefficient value? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
yeah i really hope we get error carried forward, because as long as you've applied the significance levels right, even if the value is wrong it still shows understanding of significance levels relating to a coefficient value? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

If we dont get follow through I think thats 3/4 flipping easy marks lost, Im so pissed off its unreal :frown: It's not the end of the world but it could be the difference between an A and a B
Original post by polka dots :)
I thought they were the same thing!

I thought so too, but my geography teacher said it doesn't directly answer what they've asked for:s-smilie:
would a comparative bar chart be okay instead of a compound bar chart???

Thats what I did, i'm sure loads of people messed up that question, as long as scales and points are there its 2/4 so its ok. :smile:

I used the same as you, my teacher said it should be fine if you've used all the data correctly :biggrin:
Original post by Toby.b1995
I used the same as you, my teacher said it should be fine if you've used all the data correctly :biggrin:

ahhh phew, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 293
how many marks would I have lost if I forgot to take the spearman's rank value away from 1? Would I have got ecf for the interperating part of the question?
Reply 294
anyone want to take a guess at grade boundaries, I've just looked at January 2013 and can't believe you only needed 35 for an A :smile: so I'm hopeful now!
Original post by Zozzy
anyone want to take a guess at grade boundaries, I've just looked at January 2013 and can't believe you only needed 35 for an A :smile: so I'm hopeful now!

Probably around the 35 mark, I'd hazard a guess at about 36
Reply 296
For everyone who forgot the 1- part, don't worry, if you got everything else right you would have only dropped 1 mark out of the 6!
And Maybe the mark scheme will allow error carried on marks for the significance question so it's cool, don't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by BayHarborButcher
If we dont get follow through I think thats 3/4 flipping easy marks lost, Im so pissed off its unreal :frown: It's not the end of the world but it could be the difference between an A and a B

I've made the same mistake, so annoyed :/. But it may not be too too bad because I've had a quick look at the January 2011 mark scheme which had a similar question on it but it was to do with standard deviation. In that paper you got three marks for filling in the table and it was similar to the thing we had to do in the exam. You then got an extra mark for substituting in values to the equation and the final two marks were to the correct number of decimal places and the right answer so hopefully we haven't lost too many marks in the first part though.

Problem with the second part is that it is just very vague saying one mark per valid point so it may depend on how nice the examiner is feeling :/.
Reply 298
I was shocked at how low June 2012 boundary was for an A was, you only needed 32 (raw marks) !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 299
I thought this paper went OK. Dot maps were straight forward, spearmans rank I calculated as 0.740, then accepted the research hypothsesis that there is a relationship. Was this correct?
I also did a comparative bar chart too and used all of the data, why would I lose marks for doing this instead of a compound graph? So confused :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending