Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire Primary Education 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by marimari13
Hi, is there anyone out there still waiting for a reply to their application for the upper primary BEd course at Herfordshire?

I applied in January and am starting to wonder as I've already been to other interviews and have received offers. Herts is my first choice so the waiting is really frustrating. :smile:

for any other applicants that have interviewed for Primary Education already, how did you find the interview?

What grades did you get to get into this course? As i am interested in doing this course at university!!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
My offer for Hertfordshire is on the basis I get BBB in my A-levels, just wondering did anyone get a lower offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Sadiejanex
My offer for Hertfordshire is on the basis I get BBB in my A-levels, just wondering did anyone get a lower offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just wondering, do you not have to get like 300 UCAS points.. so you could get A,B and C, or do you definitely have to get BBB?
Reply 23
Original post by mollyx
I'm just wondering, do you not have to get like 300 UCAS points.. so you could get A,B and C, or do you definitely have to get BBB?

Yeah no sorry your right it is 300 UCAS points It's because I'm predicted 3 Bs so that's what I'm aiming for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I'm just worried incase I don't get that would they let me in on a lower offer? That's why I was seeing if anyone was offered any lower...so scary! I hope I get the grades lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Hey, received a conditional offer today and have accepted. I've almost made the conditions so should be fine. Let me know when you get your results. Good luck. :-)

Aw well done you must be so happy! Yeah will do so scary! Fingers crossed! What were your conditions to get in I'd you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Yeah no sorry your right it is 300 UCAS points It's because I'm predicted 3 Bs so that's what I'm aiming for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww okay i see :smile: i want to do primary education but i don't know if i'll get the points :/
Reply 27
Just got to work hard and try your best...not all Unis will be the same points there will be lower ones. So you can still do primary education :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Aw well done you must be so happy! Yeah will do so scary! Fingers crossed! What were your conditions to get in I'd you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to get 45 points at merit or above out of a possible 60 points in total. Have Maths, English and Science at Scottish Equivalent of C or above and have passed both skills tests.

:-)
Reply 29
I had to get 45 points at merit or above out of a possible 60 points in total. Have Maths, English and Science at Scottish Equivalent of C or above and have passed both skills tests.

:-)

Aw okay :smile: well good luck getting your grades x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Just got to work hard and try your best...not all Unis will be the same points there will be lower ones. So you can still do primary education :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

but i've looked at all unis, and they all require 300 points :/
Reply 31
Aw okay :smile: well good luck getting your grades x

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the skills test?
Reply 32
Original post by mollyx
How did you find the skills test?

When I first looked at the maths test I though I would never be able to pass it! But when I properly revised (and I mean hours and hours worth of revision) I began to get the hang of it and passed first time :smile:
It took me 2 attempts with the English, because the spellings I got first time round were really hard! Words I had never even heard of! With the English I personally think its the luck of the draw as to what sort of questions you get whether you'll do we'll or not.
I'm just glad they're over! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Aw right yeah, i got a B at maths, so thought i wouldn't need to revise it, but then i did a practise test and could not work out the mental maths questions in the time they gave us :/ i needed more time.. but i'm gonna revise loads before my real exams!!
Well done on passing them both though :smile:
Reply 34
Yeah you'll get there in the end
Thank you 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I didn't get an offer in the end but i suppose it was for the best. My experience at Hertfordshire university was awful. I went there for an interview. The staff there were incredibly rude compared to the other universities i went to for an interview. They seemed quite stuck-up which was rather quite surprising because their university isn't even that good. My friend said that the staff at King's College London were more welcoming than Hertfordshire staff! The admissions lady was particularly rude (i forgot her name).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
I'm just worried incase I don't get that would they let me in on a lower offer? That's why I was seeing if anyone was offered any lower...so scary! I hope I get the grades lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Our fingers are crossed for you, hopefully we will see you at Hertfordshire University in September.

Regards

Chris
University of Hertfordshire Official Rep
Have my unconditional offer for Primary Ed (had a gap year, and had to retake one of my Key Skills!) and now have my accommodation in Welwyn de Hav. Anyone else have acommodation yet?
Reply 39
Original post by Becki Harvey
Have my unconditional offer for Primary Ed (had a gap year, and had to retake one of my Key Skills!) and now have my accommodation in Welwyn de Hav. Anyone else have acommodation yet?

Finally! Someone else doing primary ed, so hard to find people doing this course!
I'm not staying in accommodation, as I don't live too far away from the uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending