The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Rhodopsin94
The resultant weight acts vertically downwards and not perpendicular to the plane. The question essentially asked you to resolve the weight into components; both parallel and perpendicular to the slope.

I've tried to explain it using another diagram, like I said, you are right that perpendicular to the slope is cos90 or sin0, but the weight has components both parallel and perpendicular, therefore you won't use 0 or 90 degrees.

The downwards arrow you drew there IS perpendicular because it is at 90 degrees. But the one in your original is not. Hopefully my diagram shows what I mean
Original post by OllieGCSEs
I do understand your point, but if every question was answerable by just doing all previous past papers then a lot of people (too many) would be getting full marks, and the tests would seem too easy - exams have to try and force the people sitting to think 'outside the box'. I'm sorry it tripped you, I'm sure it caught a lot of other people out too.

Yep, Just a shame they decided to change the style of it, that's all, just unlucky I guess. And thanks, take it easy.
Original post by ss2012
I did but I failed stats so I dropped the whole a level cz I refused to retake the stats module. I'm starting to regret that now

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm what are your other subjects besides physics and chemistry ?
Reply 643
I have psychology photography which I took as a hobby and a language as level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 644
Original post by ss2012
I have psychology photography which I took as a hobby and a language as level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by madrevision
hmm what are your other subjects besides physics and chemistry ?

sorry my phone didn't seem to quote you when I tried to reply
Original post by ss2012
sorry my phone didn't seem to quote you when I tried to reply
Mmm the psychology and the language are good because the language (if it's foreign shows you can retain a lot of info but i'm not sure if it would be competitive to have chemistry a language and psychology - you should check some top unis for chemistry and see what they're looking for. try east Anglia, aston, bath, Nottingham and ucl is good as well :smile:
does anyone have the unnoficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by calalallum

it was posted like 5 hours after the exam... have a look about 5-6 pages back or search on google
Original post by calalallum

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357551

Hope that works :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a thread for unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannahm1995
Is there a thread for unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made one yesterday or two days ago but it got no responses haha, some people might think it's a bit early, or no one was interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OllieGCSEs
I made one yesterday or two days ago but it got no responses haha, some people might think it's a bit early, or no one was interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay! Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 652
Original post by Hannahm1995
Thank you :smile: I keep getting Ds :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read your examiner's reports, do alot of past paper and don't give up!
Original post by Melli_
Read your examiner's reports, do alot of past paper and don't give up!

Thank you for this :smile: it's so aggravating! I get As when I do past papers but I panics when I get into the exam room and I don't perform as well :frown: but thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this anywhere?
Original post by alice_cook
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this anywhere?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357551

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 656
anyone have this paper ?

Latest

Trending

Trending