The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doggyfizzel
Not really, he's a full back who has spent much of his career at left back. He played RB in the CL final, he's right footed. I wouldn't say he's anymore of a left back than a right back.

We bought him from a club where he played left back, we've largely played him as a left back, and if he comes back he'll compete again as a left back. He's no more of a right back than Evans is a left back etc.
Original post by Tommyjw
We bought him from a club where he played left back, we've largely played him as a left back, and if he comes back he'll compete again as a left back. He's no more of a right back than Evans is a left back etc.
Evans is slightly different case considering his age and number of games played, if you look at his wikipedia for example he's also listed as defender, distinct from CB. The first bit is irrelevant, RVP was a winger at the same age, stating the positions a 22 year old has most featured as a under 18 at a different club and then on sporadic appearances for a top flight side isn't evidence of their ability to play positions. We've played him in both positions, the best run of his career and the biggest game have both come at right back. Stating him as left back is simply not the case, he's not limited to the one side and has not nailed down a position, he's a full back. The assertion he 'will' compete at left back is an assumption, one undermined by the previous statement we only have one right back. If he were to come back with two left backs and one young right back, I don't think its one that can be backed up.
Reply 4862
Hopefully it's a sign that Moyes wants players to play in their actual/best positions.

Wee update on Varela: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8760132/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-poised-to-seal-move-for-Guillermo-Varela
(edited 10 years ago)
£30 million+ for Fernandinho. The negotiators at City must be a bit dim.
Reply 4864
Original post by Kenan and Kel
£30 million+ for Fernandinho. The negotiators at City must be a bit dim.

just like when united bought anderson
And because Shakhtar are a bitch to negotiate with, simply because the club doesn't need the money.
Original post by yaboy

:confused:

we paid like £15m for Ando...and he was a young highly rated talent...not an ageing player who isn't that highly rated anyway and who was at his best 3-4 years ago and not as good since...
When the **** will we buy mids
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yaboy

Because a £13million (plus add-ons) 19 year old is a fair similarity...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
And because Shakhtar are a bitch to negotiate with, simply because the club doesn't need the money.
I'm surpised he left, they had a nice little Brazilian love in going on there.

Your sig cracks me up by the way. Its just brilliant.
Original post by Tommyjw
Only if you think Cleverleys arm looks exactly like Hernandezs

Pretty sure no one actually knows the difference between their arms...
Original post by manchesterunited15
Pretty sure no one actually knows the difference between their arms...
I was more interested in Cleverly's facial expression, he's enjoying the goal in a slightly different fashion.
I'm surpised he left, they had a nice little Brazilian love in going on there.

Your sig cracks me up by the way. Its just brilliant.

Yeah they do, don't they? They scout South America a lot, apparently. The owner's a billionaire (quite a bit richer than Abramovich and around the likes of Usmanov of Arsenal, I think) so he can afford the best ones there too. And thanks haha :biggrin:.
Yeah they do, don't they? They scout South America a lot, apparently. The owner's a billionaire (quite a bit richer than Abramovich and around the likes of Usmanov of Arsenal, I think) so he can afford the best ones there too. And thanks haha :biggrin:.
Yeah, I heard they all live together in a gated community so there is not such a feeling of being so far from home. I can only imagine the kind of guy you need to be to gain and maintain such wealth in Ukraine. Side note, I assume you are going to be settling in for a late night watching the game tonight, you know the time GMT tip off time?
Yeah, I heard they all live together in a gated community so there is not such a feeling of being so far from home. I can only imagine the kind of guy you need to be to gain and maintain such wealth in Ukraine. Side note, I assume you are going to be settling in for a late night watching the game tonight, you know the time GMT tip off time?

Didn't know that - interesting to know.

And yes, I will be. I believe at 1:30 am. :smile:

And yes, I will be. I believe at 1:30 am. :smile:
Urrghh, daylight bedtime again.
Reply 4876
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Because a £13million (plus add-ons) 19 year old is a fair similarity...

yes, veron also comes to mind
Original post by Tommyjw
Only if you think Cleverleys arm looks exactly like Hernandezs

Might have got a tan in all the hot weather :rofl:
Cleverley looks like he's having an orgasm.

I was more interested in Cleverly's facial expression, he's enjoying the goal in a slightly different fashion.

Any holes a goal... he does need to work on his finishing tbf.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yaboy

"He's a ******* great player. Youse are ******* idiots"
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yaboy

Veron was an internationally and club proven £28 million player

Latest