The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4900
was reading about the finances of various clubs. I would say we are one of the strongest financially now, if not the most (haven't looked into Bayern). our revenue is practically equal to that of Madrid/Barcelona and next year the tv money is increasing.
A lot has been said about the glaziers, but although they may have held us back somewhat in terms of spending, they have increased our revenue and global appeal massively. currently we are making 90million profit a year, with 350 million debt, so that means we could pay off our debt and spend 20 million a year on players for 5 years and then from then on spend 50-100 million each summer. we will be practically unstoppable. Barcelona and Madrid have massive debts that are barely serviceable, we are an absolute powerhouse financially and I'm sick of pundits mentioning our debt without really looking into it. there is no club in the world in a better financial position- and that includes arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brainiac
it a year, with 350 million debt, so that means we could pay off our debt and spend 20 million a year on players for 5 years and then from then on spend 50-100 million each summer.
We still need to pay interest on that debt every season. I'm pretty sure we aren't left with 90m after paying interest more like 50-60m. Plus we need to spend in the region of £30m most seasons to stay still to maintain those revenue streams let alone kick on. I would think it would be more like 5-10 years before we see a "debt free" United. I wouldn't think there would be huge emphasis on debt reduction once it dips below £150-200m odd, simply because of the cost of keeping such a debt load would be weighted against investment or dividends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4902
Even with no debt you have to pay your capital - shareholders, especially the Glazers, will want dividends.
Reply 4903
Original post by Budgie
Even with no debt you have to pay your capital - shareholders, especially the Glazers, will want dividends.

And so do most other clubs, we still have the strongest revenue and we will be debt free soon enough. Also the 90million profit each year is after interest payments have been paid.
Well Ronaldo isn't coming to United, since his confirmed that he wants to sign another contract with Real Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/08/4034291/cristiano-ronaldo-confident-of-new-real-madrid-deal?ICID=HP_BN_5
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Well Ronaldo isn't coming to United, since his confirmed that he wants to sign another contract with Real Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/08/4034291/cristiano-ronaldo-confident-of-new-real-madrid-deal?ICID=HP_BN_5

Is anyone actually surprised by this?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Is anyone actually surprised by this?

I don't think so no but I was still hoping there might have been a slight chance
Why do people accept bad rumours must quicker than good rumours? tis strange.

: “I have not spoken to anyone [at Madrid] but the important thing right now is the national team."
(edited 10 years ago)
don't actually want Rooney to leave now
One of the players who can change a game in a sec
Legs hope he stays
Eight of our U21 final winning team that we put out were English.

How many picked for a chance to prove themselves against the dross in Englands U21?

Not one.
Reply 4913
Original post by Tommyjw

How many picked for a chance to prove themselves against the dross in Englands U21?

Not one.

Oh well, their loss inni
Original post by Tommyjw

Not one.

It's an opportunity missed for England tbh, I really feel that they tend to pick names and not necessarily players in form. Nice to see Zaha though Tbf.
Original post by samiz20891
It's an opportunity missed for England tbh, I really feel that they tend to pick names and not necessarily players in form. Nice to see Zaha though Tbf.

Micheal Keane who earned plaudits galore at Liecester is nowhere to be found

It's a bit ridiculous.
Original post by Tommyjw

It's a bit ridiculous.

As a person who follows Leicester and watch their matches, I have to agree that he and Morgan created a fantastic partnership and he was excellent all season tbf. The defence today in the u21 for England was pretty dire too.
Phil Neville confirms his retirement. I'll say his best performance he gave was when he played in midfield against Arsenal which became known as "Pizzagate", had he stayed he could have fleshed out his career with us but I couldn't have predicted he'd have done well at Everton in the way he has tbh.

Says he'll pursue coaching or media career. He'd do very well at both but seems to move towards the former.

I hope he gets the chance to work at a club away from the media glare, and focuses on reserve team opportunities before moving up. I'm not keen on him becoming a first team coach under Moyes, but no latest news on his finalised coaching set up as of yet. Probably happen as Martinez will confirm his set up with the knock on effect of Moyes' team becoming available.
Reply 4918
Original post by Tommyjw

It's a bit ridiculous.

plaudits by who???

Hes ****
Original post by yaboy
plaudits by who???

Hes ****

:facepalm: Troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest