OCR History B

Poll

OCR History B

Vote on the poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its a shame more people haven't voted on the poll.:frown:
Reply 2
Seriously don't anyone have a hutch what it could be? Is there any point in me revising the Home Front??? Please get your friends to vote on this
Reply 3
Original post by Thebeast97
Seriously don't anyone have a hutch what it could be? Is there any point in me revising the Home Front??? Please get your friends to vote on this

Likelihood of it being the Home Front is very low right now. However, as the Examiners' Report states, "At the risk of stating the obvious, centres may wish to remind candidates that it is very unwise to prepare only for one topic as the paper could be on any topic in any given session."

If you don't revise Home Front and it comes up, you're screwed. Yes, it probably won't come up but is it worth the risk?
Reply 5
I'm guessing it will be suffragettes, because it'll be Emily Davidson's 100 year death anniversary
Reply 6

I think you should revise the Home Front because its too much of a risk not to.
Reply 7
I texted 118 118 and they were very confident that it would be Social Reforms . Try texting them yourselves to see if u get the same response
Reply 8
Jan 10 - Home Front
Jun 10 - Suffragettes
Jan 11 - Suffragettes
Jun 11 - Home Front
Jan 12 - Suffragettes
Jun 12 - Liberal Reforms
Jan 13 - Home Front
Jan 10 - Home Front
Jun 10 - Suffragettes
Jan 11 - Suffragettes
Jun 11 - Home Front
Jan 12 - Suffragettes
Jun 12 - Liberal Reforms
Jan 13 - Home Front

so surely we can assume that it is most likely to be Liberal Reforms, because they have only appeared once, whereas the others have appeared 3 times, and clearly the exam board have no trouble repeating topics?
Reply 10
Original post by Blake-inator
so surely we can assume that it is most likely to be Liberal Reforms, because they have only appeared once, whereas the others have appeared 3 times, and clearly the exam board have no trouble repeating topics?

But also votes for women hasnt come up in June since 2010
Reply 11
June 2010 was NOT suffragettes, it was Liberal Reforms, I have the paper here in front of me...
Original post by venkaj
But also votes for women hasnt come up in June since 2010

According to this person (and my brother who sat it) it came up in June 2012
oh **** sorry :tongue: was talking about Liberal Reforms :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
either way i hope women comes up, its the most interesting and easiest imo
Reply 14
Original post by mizzy96
June 2010 was NOT suffragettes, it was Liberal Reforms, I have the paper here in front of me...

I think its because there were 2 papers for june 2010. One was the old spec legacy paper: suffragettes. And the other was the new spec: liberal reforms.
Reply 15
Guys what was the "mood" of the British people on the Paris Peace Conference, we didn't learn about it... someone help please, I'm freaking out here D:
Reply 16
Original post by AparnaX
I think its because there were 2 papers for june 2010. One was the old spec legacy paper: suffragettes. And the other was the new spec: liberal reforms.

Oh but we're doing the new spec, right?
Reply 17
Original post by mizzy96
Oh but we're doing the new spec, right?

Yep :smile: although the old spec is very similar so you can practise past papers from the old spec for revision.
Reply 18
Can someone please explain the Suffragettes on the lion source to me, I don't get it. And I can't find the mark scheme for 2007 online, either...
Reply 19
Original post by rida1997
I'm guessing it will be suffragettes, because it'll be Emily Davidson's 100 year death anniversary

Hadn't thought of that. Not sure if that would sway the examiners' decision on whether to use it or not- the fact that it's been in the news a fair bit might though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending