The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 4 6BI04 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by ebainbridge
Ok everyone, after looking at the posts describing questions and the pics of that paper above, I have realised that the domestic UK paper was different than the one we all took internationally. We were not informed of a different paper, and this sucks as some of our questions were COMPLETELY different, like different topics! Did anyone else take this paper (Edexcel GCE 6BIO4 June 2013) abroad? And how did you find it? I had trouble with the first question. . . The worrying thing is, I know lots of math students at my school who had trouble with their exam, then discovered theirs was different as well! Will the grading still be the same? Will our marks be compared with the UK ones? Should I be worried? I think I did ok on the rest of the paper which was mostly about immunity and speciation. I would really appreciate any replies!
Some of my exams have been really late in order to make our exam end at the same time as the UKs, this one was at 9am so we know that we must have taken it before you? We have no quarantine this year. . . Did anyone else take Business Studies Unit 3 on Thursday? That one we took really late, like 8:30pm or something.

I'm an international student and did exactly the same paper that has been posted.
Original post by confusedgirl22
OMG are you serious? i'm an international student and i found the paper horrible! and trust me, it wasn't because of lack of revision because i knew EVERYTHING inside and out!

SAME, I knew the spec back to front, and the paper was ridiculous! The first 13 mark question about lichens?! WTF, and the question about measuring sunlight or something - it was all worded so badly!
Original post by Huntx
I'm an international student and did exactly the same paper that has been posted.

You got lucky then - our school got an actual different paper which I think was harder than the one posted. Where is your school? Mine is in Beijing but we do the English Curriculum.
Reply 623
Original post by ebainbridge
You got lucky then - our school got an actual different paper which I think was harder than the one posted. Where is your school? Mine is in Beijing but we do the English Curriculum.

But there's always only one grade boundary put up for the paper. So are 2 different papers gona be graded equally? Edexcel are coonts
Reply 624
Biology unit 5 shot me down
Reply 625

Hi can you upload unit 5 question paper ASAP? I don't know why I want to even see it. Was abit short of time aswell. Left 6 marks blank. Can anyone predict grade boundaries without being over optimistic? So many questions to drop 1 -2 marks. Pls reply wether you will post it or not.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Huntx
Biology unit 5 shot me down

Hey man, I don't think that we can discuss this yet, or else you would get warning points.
Reply 627
Seems like people found it easy #dead
Reply 628
Does anyone want to discuss this? Warning points or not.
somebody plz make a thread for unit 5 and post the link here plz
Reply 630
Just discuss here..mods are sleeping
Reply 631
So how did you answer the question about enzymes in respiration..the one with 4 boxes and arrows labelled 1 2 3.
Reply 632
Original post by Huntx
So how did you answer the question about enzymes in respiration..the one with 4 boxes and arrows labelled 1 2 3.
ppl scared
Reply 633
I haven't got any points
Reply 634
I haven't got any warning points but you have hahaha
Reply 635
Who cares about warning points?
Reply 636
Looool..I've surely dropped lots of marks. What was the neurtransmitter that affects the heart - I wrote dopamine caus that all I knew
Reply 637
Why was the tumour white on the scan? I left that and another 4 marker blank. 6 marks gone. Lost 1 or 2 marks on pretty much all the questions
Reply 638
I put acetylcholine. I dunno why, felt like it....
Reply 639
Original post by C94
I put acetylcholine. I dunno why, felt like it....

It was Nor - Adrenaline because its a neurotransmitter that increases heart rate, I literally read it before the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending