The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

These thiago rumours are going round in circles. Has moyes made last minute buys at efc before?
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I hope we can read something delicious into it :teeth:

Or maybe the whole picture has been cropped to not highlight Messi being drowned in a shirt way too big for him. :rolleyes:

Apparebtly
It was cropped to fit onto instagram
Original post by Tommyjw
I think the thing going around was vidic joining him at the press conference.

Zaha, Varela, new staff, living up to SAF will all be talked about before we get any actual juicy info

I think that's all we'll hear about tomorrow ... United are smart enough to drag these things out to create a buzz and if there are any potential signings they'll probably reveal them seperately. It's an excuse for another press conference and more public attention which gets their precious sponsor logos out there to more eyes and gives them a stronger bargaining position.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Zaha in the whole Fergie/Moyes/Rooney/Ronaldo/Thiago kerfuffle lately.
Can he have a big impact this year though? Not too
Sure
The press conference will be shown from 3:45pm tomorrow on MUTV for anyone who has nothing better to do.

I wonder if Alex Ferguson will be there as a club ambassador tomorrow or if he'll stay away to avoid causing any media furore? I think the latter option is sensible, we really need Moyes to be given the space to do his own thing without Fergie's new role causing them to be seen together too often. I'm sure Bobby Charlton will be there being overpaid to give the predetermined corporate opinion anyway, he'd turn up for the opening of an envelope if he thought someone was listening.

On another note, Jack Crompton sadly passed away today. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ledleyking123
These thiago rumours are going round in circles. Has moyes made last minute buys at efc before?

You speak as if the transfer window has 4 days to go rather than it only being open for 4 days...
Original post by IanDangerously

I wonder if Alex Ferguson will be there as a club ambassador tomorrow or if he'll stay away to avoid causing any media furore? I think the latter option is sensible, we really need Moyes to be given the space to do his own thing without Fergie's new role causing them to be seen together too often. I'm sure Bobby Charlton will be there being overpaid to give the predetermined corporate opinion anyway, he'd turn up for the opening of an envelope if he thought someone was listening.

Nah, would be amazed if he was there also, no chance. Wouldn't want to take away Moyes' shine and in general, I don't think he'll be at OT for a while yet. Maybe for one of the European games or Carling Cup match at home. He'll be down south tomorrow watching his Scottish boi, Andy Murray.
Reply 5907
Nani's agent: “We constantly talk about the possibility of a transfer, but in the end, he always seems to stay at Manchester United."

I hate agents :angry:.
This is the muppetest saga of all time I wish I never heard about it hahahah
Original post by rohitbd
Nani's agent: “We constantly talk about the possibility of a transfer, but in the end, he always seems to stay at Manchester United."

I hate agents :angry:.

Hope he stays, could be a good year for him. He's not even terrible, just inconsistent. Could be a new dawn for him under Moyes. **** his agent
Skysports:

Barcelona sources have told Sky Sports that they have yet to receive an official approach for Thiago Alcantara. The future of the 22-year-old remains far from certain with Manchester United and Bayern Munich both closely linked with the midfielder, who reportedly wants to leave the Camp Nou.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Skysports:

Barcelona sources have told Sky Sports that they have yet to receive an official approach for Thiago Alcantara. The future of the 22-year-old remains far from certain with Manchester United and Bayern Munich both closely linked with the midfielder, who reportedly wants to leave the Camp Nou.

Sweet jesus and this goes on :sad:

Somewhere a LedleyKing123 was found crying...
Original post by Malevolent
Sweet jesus and this goes on :sad:

Somewhere a LedleyKing123 was found crying...

hahah or downing his sorrows :tongue:
Just want the league to start already..
Reply 5913
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Skysports:

It looks like Thiago doesn't want to leave Barca but he is just using us to increase his power at Barca, we haven't persuaded Thiago to come and therefore we haven't made an official approach, this transfer saga seems all to familiar :frown:.
Original post by IanLim93
hahah or downing his sorrows :tongue:
Just want the league to start already..

In a way I just want it over with so the guy will give it a rest haha.
Naaa lads.

Buyout clause means that 'offers' in the traditional sense aren't made. €18 mill will trigger the clause, so the salient issue is establishing personal interest, and then terms with the player.

Barca stating that 'they have received no offers for Thiago' is a total non sequitur. If Thiago wants to leave, there's little Barca can do about it.

He's on his holidays and has no club commitments until the 14th or 15th of July, so he's probably taking his time to make his decision. He's possibly leaving the biggest club in the world, for whom he's dreamt of playing, and is perhaps waiting for Barca to place faith in him and give him a contract renewal with provisions on playing time etc. maybe even a bit more cash.

I'm still confident. But we should be patient, If we have a chance of getting him we should take out time and make it happen. We can panic if/when he pledges his commitment to Barca. Then we'll probably hear more about Strootman etc.

For now, the signs are good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair it does say 'official approach' which could mean anything and it doesn't necessarily mean that United haven't triggered the clause or even made a bid for him.
Just hope something, anything is said on Thiago by Moysie today
Moyes confirms Rooney is not for sale and is staying at the club. Although he didn't deny or confirm that Rooney asked for a transfer request.

Moyes on whether any new signings will come in before the tour starts...

I'll try, but I couldn't honestly say yes. Time is closing in on us now. I think the way the transfer window is, business will be done a little bit later. If you had the ideal position, you would try and get your players in as soon as you could.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5919
He'll try to get some transfers done before tour.

Latest