The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalie21
Oh no that sucks! At least you haven't got to wait for over a month more like us!

I'm sure that will be unconditional soon :biggrin:.

What have you applied for? And which college?

Yeah, I suppose you're right - only 30 hours to go for me now!

I've applied for NatSci at Emmanuel. How about yourself?
Original post by LAstudent
Thanks! Ugh, a bunch of my friends who are vacationing on the east coast of the U.S. already have their scores, while I have to wait until Sunday (oh, California). It's sort of killing me - here, everyone else already knows their scores, and here I am with a conditional offer, completely clueless!

I don't really belong in this thread but I was in the same situation as you [conditional offer based on APs, mine was from Manchester] and I found out my score today, and I made it. What scores do you need to get?
Original post by TrynaGetThePipe
I don't really belong in this thread but I was in the same situation as you [conditional offer based on APs, mine was from Manchester] and I found out my score today, and I made it. What scores do you need to get?

Congratulations, that's fantastic! Hopefully I get that feeling on Saturday when I check my scores - I need 5s in Calculus BC and Physics C (Mechanics or Electricity & Magnetism).
Yeah, I suppose you're right - only 30 hours to go for me now!

I've applied for NatSci at Emmanuel. How about yourself?

Nicee! Medicine at Christ's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When are the IB results this year? I.e when can I start congratulating people :P
Original post by camaieu
When are the IB results this year? I.e when can I start congratulating people :P

Today!
Hope IB results went well today, folks.
Congratulations, that's fantastic! Hopefully I get that feeling on Saturday when I check my scores - I need 5s in Calculus BC and Physics C (Mechanics or Electricity & Magnetism).

So pissed. Out of the 5 AP tests for my offer, I missed one test by one. Bio was a 4 not a 5. Still have a sliver of hope because I'm HSPS and well... I missed on something unrelated to the subject.
Original post by lesmis
So pissed. Out of the 5 AP tests for my offer, I missed one test by one. Bio was a 4 not a 5. Still have a sliver of hope because I'm HSPS and well... I missed on something unrelated to the subject.

Oh nooo :frown:. I'm so sorry to hear that :frown:. Have you heard from Cambridge yet?
Oh nooo :frown:. I'm so sorry to hear that :frown:. Have you heard from Cambridge yet?

Not yet. I emailed the admissions director for my college with the scores. Hopefully I'll hear back Monday.
Original post by lesmis
Not yet. I emailed the admissions director for my college with the scores. Hopefully I'll hear back Monday.

Good luck! Got my fingers crossed for you!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lesmis

Oh no! I think they'd be understanding, seeing as biology does not have much to do at all with your intended major. Good luck to you!

2 hours, 12 minutes, and counting. Debating whether or not to stay up.
Oh no! I think they'd be understanding, seeing as biology does not have much to do at all with your intended major. Good luck to you!

2 hours, 12 minutes, and counting. Debating whether or not to stay up.

Do you know yet? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bulbasaur
Do you know yet? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just found out - 5s on all of my AP exams (although luckily the offer wasn't that horrendously demanding) means I'm headed to Cambridge in the fall! :smile:

....excuse me while I have a one person dance party in my bedroom...
Just found out - 5s on all of my AP exams (although luckily the offer wasn't that horrendously demanding) means I'm headed to Cambridge in the fall! :smile:

Yayyy congratulations to you!!!! Go out and celebrate!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Well done!!
Yayyy congratulations to you!!!! Go out and celebrate!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bulbasaur
Awesome! Well done!!

Thank you so much! I'm absolutely elated; good luck to everyone still waiting for their exam results!
Thank you so much! I'm absolutely elated; good luck to everyone still waiting for their exam results!

Got an email back, they said they would discuss the situation and get back to me as quickly as possible. Still some hope :smile:
Reply 3118
Just got my UCAS confirmation! Woohoo!
I guess I'm no longer an offer-holder :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lesmis
Got an email back, they said they would discuss the situation and get back to me as quickly as possible. Still some hope :smile:

I really hope all goes well for you. :smile: Although the bar is set high with regards to grades, there is a bit of wiggle room. :smile:

Original post by ChemEftw
Just got my UCAS confirmation! Woohoo!
I guess I'm no longer an offer-holder :wink:

Woohoo. :smile: What college/subject?

Latest

Trending

Trending