The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by VoodooTik
You only need like 2 weeks of hard work max to pass.

The Biology questions tend to be human-based, but Chemistry and Physics maybe more general i.e. not just based on human-related topics. If you're just going to sit the entrance exam without doing the revision course, my best bet is to revise the CGP books.

If you score a really high mark in the exam, then you automatically get a place. I don't know what the cut-off mark is. The interview was just standard questions like 'why do you want to be a doctor?' and what are the three most important qualities you think a person should have to being a good doctor?' etc. The interview isn't that long - just 3 or 4 questions.

You don't need to be in formal attire to do the written exam, but it's best to wear formal attire for the interview just to make a good impression.

I spent pretty much most of the day studying everyday up until the exam.

Thanks for answering...
The CGP books don't cover all of the topics for the exam indicated on their website

So did you just wear a suit for the exam AND the interview?
Were the questions as hard as the example ones on their website, especially the biology q's?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by Ayesh123
Would you be able to tell me what exactly you learnt in the revision sessions you had?
Also I have looked on the website and it says there's a written an oral exam on same day. What exactly would they want us to do know about the oral exam.
Thank you very much for the information you have given me.

I can't really remember what exactly I learnt. It was all a long time ago...

The oral exam is pretty much the interview so it's just standard interview questions that you get asked.
Reply 282
Original post by patel101
Thanks for answering...
The CGP books don't cover all of the topics for the exam indicated on their website

So did you just wear a suit for the exam AND the interview?
Were the questions as hard as the example ones on their website, especially the biology q's?

I wore just normal clothes for the test. Then, there is an hour break for the examiner to mark all the papers, at which time, I changed into my suit.

As for the questions, I can't really remember. It has been a long time since I did the entrance exam.
Reply 283
Original post by VoodooTik
I can't really remember what exactly I learnt. It was all a long time ago...

The oral exam is pretty much the interview so it's just standard interview questions that you get asked.

Okay thank you very much for your help
Reply 284
Can someone please tell me if all the questions for the Charles uni 1st faculty entrance exam are multiple choice?
Also has anyone sat their exam yet for 2013 entry either in Prague, london/Malvern via CMUCAS or another agency.

I need to ask some questions if you have already done the exam/interview!!:confused:
Reply 285
Can someone please tell me if all the questions for the Charles uni 1st faculty entrance exam are multiple choice?
Also has anyone sat their exam yet for 2013 entry either in Prague, london/Malvern via CMUCAS or another agency.

I need to ask some questions if you have already done the exam/interview!!:confused:

I sat the exam in London in June and there's quite a few calculations in the chemistry part so go over solutions and concentrations and for the biology it was mostly stuff on human biology! Don't worry about the interview, he just basically makes sure that you atleast know the basic stuff and you didn't guess and even if you don't know some of the answers of the interview questions he'll kinda point you in the right direction of the answer :smile:
Reply 286
Oh and yeah all the questions are multiple choice but more than one answer can be right!
Reply 287
Original post by Smurfyy
I sat the exam in London in June and there's quite a few calculations in the chemistry part so go over solutions and concentrations and for the biology it was mostly stuff on human biology! Don't worry about the interview, he just basically makes sure that you atleast know the basic stuff and you didn't guess and even if you don't know some of the answers of the interview questions he'll kinda point you in the right direction of the answer :smile:

Some more questions if you don't mind....
Did you get in?
What did you do all day at the Abbey college?
What did you wear for the test and interview and what do you mean by they asked basic stuff?
Did you revise everything in the spec. cos half of the stuff i havent learnt about in school? are the q's as hard as the practise ones

Thanks
Hi I am interested in studying Dentistry at Charles University. Could someone please explain the admissions process to me? I am currently in year 12 doing AS levels in Bio, Chem, Maths and French and am starting year 13 this september so would like to apply for 2014 entry. Do I need to sit the entrance exam this summer? or next??
Please could someone explain this to me
Reply 289
Original post by the-chosen-one
Hi I am interested in studying Dentistry at Charles University. Could someone please explain the admissions process to me? I am currently in year 12 doing AS levels in Bio, Chem, Maths and French and am starting year 13 this september so would like to apply for 2014 entry. Do I need to sit the entrance exam this summer? or next??
Please could someone explain this to me

If your 1st preference is to study in the UK, then finish the application cycle with UCAS first. If you're unsuccessfull or you really want to go to charles, then you can apply to charles uni after as the deadline is usually around june/july 2014 if you apply via CMUCAS.
If you're 1st choice is charles uni then you can apply early (probably around christmas time, best to check with the uni or agency, e.g.CMUCAS)
You would have to sit the exam around this time next year.
Reply 290
anyone else applied thouGH CMUCAS for exam on 20th july?
im confused (again), can someone please explain the process of events that happened on the day. what time did everything finish approximately?

Was the exam hard? and were the exam questions as hard as the example ones on their website.

and how many people were there on the day and how many got a place approximately.

Thanks
Reply 291
Pls can someone tell me if you get a periodic table for the chemistry part?
And are all 3 exams (che, biol, math) one after another or do u get a break inbetween?
Reply 292
Pls can someone tell me if you get a periodic table for the chemistry part?
And are all 3 exams (che, biol, math) one after another or do u get a break inbetween?

I'm can't remember if you get a periodic table.

The exam is 3 hours long. You get all 3 papers and you can do them in whatever order you want. However, there is no break.
Reply 293
can we get scrap paper for the exam
Reply 294
can we get scrap paper for the exam

I think you may ask for scrap paper, if you need it. I can't remember, but if it's a question that involves some calculation, then they will give areas to do workings out where appropriate.
Reply 295
Hi every1
i have the charles uni 1st faculty exam in london (abbey college) in about 3 weeks (20/7/13) and havent started revision. I dont even know where to start cos the spec. is huge its beyond my alevel spec. please can someone give me advise on what revision materials to use!!!
The questions on the past paper on their website are completely random and ive never heard of some of the things that they asked.

Has anyone had the exam already?
What kind of questions did they ask?
Did they interview you and what did they ask?
What did you wear?
What did you do the whole day at the college?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck, but i would appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions.

Thanks

I have an online revision tool if you want
Reply 296
Original post by misty00

Thanks....that would be gr8 please can you send me the details ASAP as ive only got about 4 days left!!!!:s-smilie: (PM me if you want)

did you sit the exam for 1st faculty charles uni via CMUCAS?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 297
Original post by misty00

Heyy sorry to interrupt the convo, but would it be possible for you to send me the online revision tool also?
Thank you very much
Reply 298
hey! was wondering if anyone knows what the pass mark is?
Hi :smile:
I'm already at Charles Uni on the Medicine course. Private message me if any of you pass the exam and are coming to Prague for sure this year :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending