The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University Of South Wales students 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Theatrewriter94
Im doing Creative Writing and English , what are you doing?

I'm doing (I think) further maths, biology, psychology and English, all to get me what I need for sports coaching next year :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by Heyitspaxo
What I saw or carleon is that it's not very big.... So I would guess pubs :smile: which suits me fine :smile: although I'm gonna miss my sleepy devon village so much :frown: but Newport has a bit of everything apparently (I'm going on what they said on the open day) and like you said Cardiff is pretty close :smile:

Yeah that's what I thought :smile: the homesickness goes after about a month or 2. I felt pretty sad when I went to Aberystwyth uni last year! Yeah Newport has plenty! The best part for me is if there was a planned night out into Cardiff I won't need to fork out any taxi money! I'd just stay at my parents! :P
Original post by laurenynwa
I'm doing (I think) further maths, biology, psychology and English, all to get me what I need for sports coaching next year :smile:)

Awh That's cool :smile: Hope it goes well for you!
Reply 63
Original post by Theatrewriter94
Im doing Creative Writing and English , what are you doing?

I'm going to be doing Social Studies (Maths, English, Sociology, Psychology and Social and Welfare)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
[QUOTE="Theatrewriter94;43651997"]
Original post by laurenynwa

Awh That's cool :smile: Hope it goes well for you!

Thank you, you too.. Probably see you around campus 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by TheOrpinator
Yeah that's what I thought :smile: the homesickness goes after about a month or 2. I felt pretty sad when I went to Aberystwyth uni last year! Yeah Newport has plenty! The best part for me is if there was a planned night out into Cardiff I won't need to fork out any taxi money! I'd just stay at my parents! :P

Haha that's pretty cool! I think a trip to Cardiff is defo in order at least once tho :P
More than once!! depends what day you go, Cardiff has a tendency to bleed you dry of cash!! I go through £40 a night usually! :s-smilie:
Reply 67
More than once!! depends what day you go, Cardiff has a tendency to bleed you dry of cash!! I go through £40 a night usually! :s-smilie:

Yikes! Ill be drinking water then :P
Original post by Heyitspaxo
Yikes! Ill be drinking water then :P

Probably get you more drunk drinking water in Cardiff, depending on the club! What I've found the scattier the club, the cheaper the booze, like metros, I love the music in there (rock,metal, alternative etc) but the club is hanging! roughly £1.50 a pint of fosters in there! aha :P
Reply 69
Probably get you more drunk drinking water in Cardiff, depending on the club! What I've found the scattier the club, the cheaper the booze, like metros, I love the music in there (rock,metal, alternative etc) but the club is hanging! roughly £1.50 a pint of fosters in there! aha :P

Awh perfect!! I was a little worried about the music scene to be honest with you :L and bloody hell :P
Reply 70
Seeing a lot of you talk abou the nightlife - the Newport city nightlife is... Alright XD you can make or a good night when you're with good company if you know what I mean? The pubs in caerleon are pretty good, good music in boleros, live bands and stuff, the bull and the ship are nice too. In Newport we have delilah's which is like a current music more dancey nightclub, we've got WH54 (my fav) which does live music and even not live has a good music choice tbh, really nice cocktails too :wink: there's Kama lounge which is small but I love it, and then there's a revolution, but everywhere has a revs xD there's a gay club, called the birdcage, some normal just pub places and then there's meze lounge, where everyone seems to end up because it opens the latest, which plays a lot of alternative rocky stuff, and upstairs in there is pretty cute because you get like the sort of songs that make you go awww haven't heard this in ages! Or like fresh prince of bel air and stuff haha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freglin
Seeing a lot of you talk abou the nightlife - the Newport city nightlife is... Alright XD you can make or a good night when you're with good company if you know what I mean? The pubs in caerleon are pretty good, good music in boleros, live bands and stuff, the bull and the ship are nice too. In Newport we have delilah's which is like a current music more dancey nightclub, we've got WH54 (my fav) which does live music and even not live has a good music choice tbh, really nice cocktails too :wink: there's Kama lounge which is small but I love it, and then there's a revolution, but everywhere has a revs xD there's a gay club, called the birdcage, some normal just pub places and then there's meze lounge, where everyone seems to end up because it opens the latest, which plays a lot of alternative rocky stuff, and upstairs in there is pretty cute because you get like the sort of songs that make you go awww haven't heard this in ages! Or like fresh prince of bel air and stuff haha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cheers! :smile: meze lounge sounds like my kinda place then!
Reply 72
Ah cheers! :smile: meze lounge sounds like my kinda place then!

If you get a chance, try Le Pub up on Caxton Street. Definately the coolest bar in Newport imo. Plus regular live acts :smile:
Original post by brennan94
If you get a chance, try Le Pub up on Caxton Street. Definately the coolest bar in Newport imo. Plus regular live acts :smile:

Great! I will definitely, I love live bands, In Cardiff there's a club I always go to called Live Lounge, sounds similar :smile:
Reply 74
Great! I will definitely, I love live bands, In Cardiff there's a club I always go to called Live Lounge, sounds similar :smile:

Been to Live Lounge plenty of times, always a great night out! :biggrin: Meze is almost a smaller version of it, albeit not quite as good.

Le Pub's stage/dancefloor is in the huge attic of a converted victorian building... and the bar is where the cellar should be. It's got an extremely cool vibe about it in the bar, and £2 on every beer on tap on Thursdays and Sundays :biggrin:

(http://www.lepub.co.uk/photos/ look at some of the photos at the bottom of this page to get an idea of what the bar is like ;D )
Ah cheers dude! looks great!! £2 a beer?! I'm there haha! :smile:
Reply 76
Oh yeH o forgot about le pub, it's nice there too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Thanks for all of the tips guys, actually cannot wait to see for myself what New Port and Cardiff have to offer. Sounds like my kind of place and music :smile:
ANYONE APPLIED FOR CAMBRIAN POINT CARDIFF? FACEBOOK FLAT MATE FINDER! https://www.facebook.com/groups/555917694467469/
Is anybody going to be studying at Cardiff Atrium?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending