The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by SpecialKaye
Does "a better edition" mean the Dover one? Using up all my prizegiving Blackwell's vouchers is fun.

Meh got mine of amazon, it was cheaper, but I'm sure it'll be reet whatever. The notes aren't going to change. That much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lost And Confused
Oh you mathmos... :L Sounds good, providing that I am still entitled to stay in a Fresher's group at that point :rolleyes:

Wow :smile: And is your offer 1,1 or 1,2 in II and III?
I know that Maths offers are harder because of STEP (probably why mathematicians don't like to tempt fate) but at least it's harder for everyone - so they should be (touch wood) more likely to accept people who miss offers? :smile: And that sounds to me like a pretty good performance :smile:

Okayish, I think :smile: I should get my offer (again, touch wood), but I should really be getting 3A*s and I don't think I've done enough... Long story short, the first exam was synoptic so I freaked out afterwards (unnecessarily) and made stupid mistakes in my following exams... But only a few (as far as I'm aware) , so I'm just distracting myself for now :smile:

I'm sorry if that's not conducive to your stalking. I am friends with a couple of other Pembroke offer holders (Maths ones) and other Maths ones from the offer holders group so if you really can't wait you might be able to stalk through there. :tongue:

(Bananarama2 managed to find me so I know its possible.)

And yep, the offer is 11. If pushed for a prediction I think (hope) that I'll have got S11 in I/II/III respectively so I should hopefully have got in. :smile:
Reply 3302
Speaking of STEP, I hold a CompSci with Maths offer from Magdalene and was asked for S,1 (in any order) in STEP II,III :s-smilie:. It's really weird especially that I'm an international student (French Baccalaureate) and that I had to cover all the syllabus on my own, since most of the chapters tackled in STEP are not in the French Bac syllabus.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes

By accident :tongue:
Reply 3304
Original post by bananarama2
By accident :tongue:

Yeah yeah :wink:
This wait is soul-destroying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many days do you have left until you know? :hugs:
Original post by Caitlin_dj

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wibletg
Yeah yeah :wink:

:colone: I'm still a mystery.
:colone: I'm still a mystery.

No you aren't. :ninja:
Reply 3309
Original post by Caitlin_dj

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting for results or waiting for University to start? :tongue:
Original post by DJMayes
No you aren't. :ninja:

Well to you I'm not. :biggrin:
Original post by DJMayes
I'm sorry if that's not conducive to your stalking. I am friends with a couple of other Pembroke offer holders (Maths ones) and other Maths ones from the offer holders group so if you really can't wait you might be able to stalk through there. :tongue:

And yep, the offer is 11. If pushed for a prediction I think (hope) that I'll have got S11 in I/II/III respectively so I should hopefully have got in. :smile:

You're forgiven. Just about... :biggrin: I will have to improve my stalking skills :wink:

But where's the fun in that?
(Way to tarnish his reputation before he starts university :rolleyes:)

Sounds awesome :smile: Well I wish you all the best :smile: Got any distractions for the next 11 days?
You're forgiven. Just about... :biggrin: I will have to improve my stalking skills :wink:

But where's the fun in that?

Sounds awesome :smile: Well I wish you all the best :smile: Got any distractions for the next 11 days?

Ive been watching Burn Notice. Yourself?

I do wonder what reputation I've acquired here.

As do I. Fingers crossed people won't put two and two together... :tongue:
Original post by Oromis263

Aye, I fear they will.
Aye, I fear they will.

I'll just spin my story about how I study ASNaC at Sidney Sussex, and will be fine.
I'll just spin my story about how I study ASNaC at Sidney Sussex, and will be fine.

:rofl: "I don't live round here, I live at Girton."
Original post by DJMayes
Ive been watching Burn Notice. Yourself?

For 10 days?!
(Quickly Googles Burn Notice)

Lots of swimming training, far too much TV (hence I've watched sooo much swimming), visited my Grandma in Essex with my girlfriend and spent far too long writing an application for a bursary that I am never going to get... :rolleyes: Not overly productive, but seems to be enough for now :colondollar:

It's a very entertaining moment when two people who vaguely know of each other from TSR bump into each other (as I did with Alex Bampton) :biggrin: Will be more so if your reputation builds up a mental picture completely different to the way you look... :rolleyes:

You two both have obscure screen names (or even stranger real names), so I imagine that you will be fine. I myself tend to give far too much away (such as my first name) when trying to get on with people so any determined stalker will track me down pretty quickly... :colondollar:

It's a very entertaining moment when two people who vaguely know of each other from TSR bump into each other (as I did with Alex Bampton) :biggrin: Will be more so if your reputation builds up a mental picture completely different to the way you look... :rolleyes:

I had exactly this at the STEP Easter School; multiple people randomly coming up to me and saying "You're DJMayes, right? From TSR?". Someone even named their team (in a big quiz, 16 teams) after me!

People do have a very funny interpretation of things though. Someone on this forum (I do not know who) was asking people who went to the STEP school about my appearance in real life; on the internet I am apparently envisaged as "6 foot tall and muscular"... :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending