The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollieeilloh
You guys are crazy waiting up! I much prefer just going to bed at about 12-1, since I don't think I'll go out, and then when I wake up at 7-ish it'll be there hopefully. :smile:

Not gonna lie, I'll probably laugh if I hear people still being up at 6 and waiting.. :colone:

You're not staying up :cry2:
Knowing the type of person I am, I'll end up probably staying up til 1 or so but will fall asleep with all the nervousness and anxiety. So worried !:/:s-smilie:
Original post by TheFOMaster
You're not staying up :cry2:

Mehhhh :rolleyes: it's pretty unlikely! Unless I have like a Batman marathon or something, but I don't think so :tongue:
I'm staying up till 2/3 mainly because that's what I've been doing most days in the summer. If I haven't got the e-mail by then, I will just go to bed anyway.
Reply 264
Mehhhh :rolleyes: it's pretty unlikely! Unless I have like a Batman marathon or something, but I don't think so :tongue:

I'd definitely encourage you (and everyone) to get some sleep and just read your results in the morning :yep:

Spoiler

I would sleep if i could, there's no way i will be able to though, i'll be on edge the whole time.
Original post by Ecosse_14
How many of you are planning on staying up tomorrow night until your results come through?

And how many of you will be in this thread during that time? :tongue:

I'll be up until I get my text if it kills me!

Good! Having a good healthy sleeping pattern makes your life amazing and jazz :smile:
Good! Having a good healthy sleeping pattern makes your life amazing and jazz :smile:

Ahaha, of course ;D listening to me for once? :tongue:

I'd definitely encourage you (and everyone) to get some sleep and just read your results in the morning :yep:

Spoiler

Very sensible advice, Ecosse! I like the suspense when you wake up and see dat email..
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't want to end up crying all night so I'm actually going to sleep.
I had this bet with the head teacher and the deputy that I'll get 5 A's. It's going to be sooo awkward when I see them.
I guess I have to polish up my avoidance skills before coming back to school. :smile:
Clearly you're not as bad as your sister.

I don't think I'd be able to cope if I were as bad as her! It's bad enough having to deal with one nervous wreck. :colondollar: I can get quite nervous too, but I'm actually quite calm before and during exams; it's the waiting for results that truly strikes fear into my heart. :s-smilie:
Reply 271
Original post by Shameless Plug

Spoiler

:lol:

Hopefully it'll come early then!
Ahaha, of course ;D listening to me for once? :tongue:

Um... yeah... a little.... teeny bit....

Original post by Grozdova.
I don't think I'd be able to cope if I were as bad as her! It's bad enough having to deal with one nervous wreck. :colondollar: I can get quite nervous too, but I'm actually quite calm before and during exams; it's the waiting for results that truly strikes fear into my heart. :s-smilie:

I don't think anyone could cope if there was two Marshys... I only get nervous the day before results really :tongue: I'll likely be a wreck tomorrow since I actually needed ABC (although I have an UC) to do the courses I want at Uni and go on to do teaching, but I really don't think I have those grades in the subjects I need :tongue:
Original post by Shameless Plug

I thought the text comes at 8-9 am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pennyarcade
I thought the text comes at 8-9 am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It comes anytime from midnight-ish.
Reply 275
Original post by deedee123
It comes anytime from midnight-ish.

It will be later than midnight, although not by much. I'd say the earliest would be 1am but guys pleaseeee remember that doesn't mean the majority of people will get it between 1 and 2am or whatever. It will be all the way throughout the night and there's no way of telling when you'll receive it.

/being a mod trying to advise and calm people :tongue:
Reply 276
*What exams did you sit?
Higher English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing
*What were you predicted for your exams? Not sure, got AAAAA in prelims so hopefully that
*How do you feel your predictions will compare to your actual results?
Hopefully I have got that but I always struggle to tell exactly how well I have done
*How are you feeling about results day (nervous, excited, etc.)? Nervous. I put far too much pressure on myself.
*How are you receiving your results (post, email, text)? All three, will go to sleep so will jist read the text or email when I wake up.
*What are your next steps (Highers, University, etc.)? Staying on for sixth year to do AH maths and physics.
It will be later than midnight, although not by much. I'd say the earliest would be 1am but guys pleaseeee remember that doesn't mean the majority of people will get it between 1 and 2am or whatever. It will be all the way throughout the night and there's no way of telling when you'll receive it.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason they have to send them out in batches? Are the batches completely random?
I'm not getting my results by email or text, I'll be waiting for the post, the old fashioned way :biggrin:

Hopefully he arrives earlier than 2pm this time!
Reply 279

meh, I've turned into a total night owl this holiday anyway, it would be weird to actually go to bed before the sunrise :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending