The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
My son received F's on all three courses he took at college this year. His prelims were at C or D, but his NABS since the prelims were all very good - As and Bs, plus his 'folder work' (that is, essays etc) all had very good grades. Does the SQA accept NABS and assignments markings as part of the evidence? We are waiting to hear from Inverness College to see if he is on the appeals list.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Ah, that sucks! I've never heard of that happening before. But hey, at least you know you've met your conditions and you're off to uni once you get your results sorted. :smile:
I'm surprised it'll take as long as a week!

Sorry that it's so unfair, but don't let that get you down. It's still time to celebrate great results regardless! :woo:

Yeah I know, just my luck. It's just so frustrating really! Hopefully it won't take that long to fix..
Reply 1302
Original post by animisha
My son received F's on all three courses he took at college this year. His prelims were at C or D, but his NABS since the prelims were all very good - As and Bs, plus his 'folder work' (that is, essays etc) all had very good grades. Does the SQA accept NABS and assignments markings as part of the evidence? We are waiting to hear from Inverness College to see if he is on the appeals list.

NABs not so much since they're at the basic pass level and aren't actually graded. For his additional work, if it was done under exam conditions and the teacher has some sort of marking scheme then it could be taken into consideration but the prelims will be the core of the appeal. Hopefully he is successful in appealing, let us know how he does! :smile:
Reply 1303
Fingers crossed. He is at a loss as to how he could have done so badly as he said he felt good about the exams, wrote pages and pages - it wasn't like he didn't answer the questions. :-/
Hey everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted/ needed! Got 3 A's, exceeding the conditions of my uni offer :mmm:
Reply 1305
Fingers crossed. He is at a loss as to how he could have done so badly as he said he felt good about the exams, wrote pages and pages - it wasn't like he didn't answer the questions. :-/

That's a shame :sad: Not the end of the world though! :smile: Does he have plans for next year/what his next steps are?
Reply 1306
Original post by ohsnapitsmela
Hey everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted/ needed! Got 3 A's, exceeding the conditions of my uni offer :mmm:

Nice one, congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by ohsnapitsmela

If only there was some way you could adjust your course choice if you meet and exceed your offer for you to consider. :tongue:
Congratulations! Absolutely fantastic grades. :smile:
Higher Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Maths- A
English- A
Sooo pleased! Can't quite believe I did that! Maybe they sent me the wrong certificate :smile:
Reply 1309
Well, he was offered a conditional place on HNC computing, needs one grade C in only one higher. His SAAS and everything is all set up. I'm away to the Sabhal Mor Ostaig to finish my third year, so this course and the student loan was going to enable him to stay here and me go away. The level of bursary for taking highers here on Lewis will not be high enough to live on, so I hope he can find some work - which is not easy at the moment.
Since most people in Scotland do 5 Highers will universities still give me offers even though I only did four but got straight As, also is there an chances of a unconditional for (engineering)?
Just got my results certificate and I got a one for all aspects!!! No twos in sight! **** YEAH!
Original post by katherine96
Higher Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Maths- A
English- A
Sooo pleased! Can't quite believe I did that! Maybe they sent me the wrong certificate :smile:

Wow thats exceptional! well done :biggrin:!!
Reply 1313
Hi, higher results have came at last - 2 a's and 3 b's so pretty happy, although my first choice is primary teaching at strathclyde uni. I know their minimum requirements are 3 as and a b for their new ba course, do you reckon there is a good chance of me getting a conditional for this course?
Original post by LionKing1
Since most people in Scotland do 5 Highers will universities still give me offers even though I only did four but got straight As, also is there an chances of a unconditional for (engineering)?

Most candidates don't actually do 5 Highers in 5th year! And even if they did, very few of them get good enough grades to eclipse AAAA. Your grades are fine, and you don't have to worry about not making your offers. :smile:

Whether you'd get an unconditional depends on where you apply and if you've got all the right subjects! You don't have to worry, though. You've got great grades as you are. Just got to get looking at those unis and see where you'd like to go. :wink:

Original post by ashton96
Hi, higher results have came at last - 2 a's and 3 b's so pretty happy, although my first choice is primary teaching at strathclyde uni. I know their minimum requirements are 3 as and a b for their new ba course, do you reckon there is a good chance of me getting a conditional for this course?

Yeah, definitely! You're only one A short of meeting the requirements for second sitting and well above their advertised minimum for first sitting.

I've got two friends doing Primary Education at Strathclyde. They love it - heard the course is a bit more hands-on than at Glasgow. Good luck, mate!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1315
Original post by katherine96
Higher Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Maths- A
English- A

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Well, he was offered a conditional place on HNC computing, needs one grade C in only one higher. His SAAS and everything is all set up. I'm away to the Sabhal Mor Ostaig to finish my third year, so this course and the student loan was going to enable him to stay here and me go away. The level of bursary for taking highers here on Lewis will not be high enough to live on, so I hope he can find some work - which is not easy at the moment.

Ah, I see. Well best of luck to him! :h:

Original post by LionKing1

A lot of university courses only require 4 subjects anyway. Although may be different for engineering which is quite competitive. You'd definitely be in for an unconditional. Obviously it depends on the rest of your UCAS app though. :smile:

Original post by ashton96

Well done! :biggrin: Yep, there's a chance you could get an offer for that course. Again though, it depends on the rest of your UCAS app :smile:
Is anyone studying Psychology at Glasgow?:biggrin:
Higher History- A
Higher Modern Studies- A
Higher Psychology - A
Higher English- B
Original post by nicolagrantgrant
Is anyone studying Psychology at Glasgow?:biggrin:

Loads of people! :ahee:

Here, too!

Congrats on making it!! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
To the two Ecosse moderators are you two from the same place or do you have french relations?:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending