The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone do OCR Maths S1, D1 or C4? How did you find it?
Reply 1101
Original post by awilson008
What he said was pretty neutral to me. He has his own personal target, which is apparently higher than most people here, hence why he was negged undeservedly. He never implied anyone should be like him, so he's really not the one at fault here.

Personally, I would be disappointed with anything less than A*A*A*, because I've been predicted A*A*A*A* too. Would you not be disappointed if you achieved much less than what you knew was possible?

Well I didn't neg him this got out of hand :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by jonny7bell
Yeah, I have defiantly got an A in maths, 99% sure, maybe an A*. Further maths I am not really sure, and physics I really have no idea haha. It is all kind of resting on an A in further maths anyway. Shame I had to do 11 A level exams and 2 STEP papers, revising was a nightmare.

You defiantly got an A? Bravo, Knight of Camelot, slayer of evil.
Dooms day is so close. How is everyone feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck everyone in a week :smile: So nervous about my AS results. I am pretty sure I got AAAB but i'm still terrified :/ Looking at unofficial mark schemes for maths i'm sure I have an A. Biology i only needed 63% in the final paper to get an A but there is always a worry and I need at least AAA :/ I just get really stressed about these things. Anyone else feel like this, that they could be told they have 100% definite and yet still worry :P I just keep trying to talk myself into the fact I have As yet I still worry (sorry for the rant, just trying to calm my nerves)

Don't know why this deserves a neg...just saying how I feel :/ sorry
(edited 10 years ago)
For my maths, further maths and physics, I made a table on excel and recorded every past paper I did with the result. Then got an average, then made a predicted grade, and figured out the exact marks I need to get AAB (my offer).

LOL
Reply 1106
Which mark schemes have been released.. just edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha.vag

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peachy.
Reply 1108
Original post by sneha.vag

Posted from TSR Mobile

Frustrated, I've had a bad LoL day. :mad:
Original post by adi19956
Well I didn't neg him this got out of hand :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I didn't say you did :smile: I was just defending him.

Apologies if I seemed threatening in any way, good luck for your results :smile:
Reply 1110
I'm predicted A*A*A*A but I'd settle for AAA, in fact I'll rejoice as long as I meet my offer.

(I guess I can't technically get AAA since I did an A-Level last year, but the feeling is there)
Original post by popnit
Which mark schemes have been released.. just edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel mark schemes have been released?
Reply 1112
Original post by Munrot07
good luck everyone in a week :smile: So nervous about my AS results. I am pretty sure I got AAAB but i'm still terrified :/ Looking at unofficial mark schemes for maths i'm sure I have an A. Biology i only needed 63% in the final paper to get an A but there is always a worry and I need at least AAA :/ I just get really stressed about these things. Anyone else feel like this, that they could be told they have 100% definite and yet still worry :P I just keep trying to talk myself into the fact I have As yet I still worry (sorry for the rant, just trying to calm my nerves)

Same, I'm fairly confident of getting the grades I need but I keep worrying about things such as accidentally missing a double page in my exam (due to paper being stuck together), my exam papers getting lost on their way to the examiner or the examiner being drunk when marking. (although this could be favorable!)
Original post by thers
Same, I'm fairly confident of getting the grades I need but I keep worrying about things such as accidentally missing a double page in my exam (due to paper being stuck together), my exam papers getting lost on their way to the examiner or the examiner being drunk when marking. (although this could be favorable!)

Yeh I worry like that too. I'm always so worried about missing questions out so I always go through the paper twice and check every question I have answered and see if the marks add up to the total mark. If they do, then I have at least answered all the questions :P It doesn't help I do subjects which can be hard to tell how you have done. I do biology which is very picky about wording so I know i got at least 90% of answer right. If i worded them correctly and used the correct terms, i hope so, but thats where lots of people falter and I just tried my best. I wish we could get the results sooner to save all this worrying :frown:
Original post by thers

That would be pretty funny.
I need AAB, and sat the equivalent of 15 1:30 hour exams :biggrin:

Yeeesh. I'd have had a breakdown. Resits?
I need AAB, and sat the equivalent of 15 1:30 hour exams :biggrin:

Why so many exams?
Original post by Smell
Gosh I'm that nervous I'm not even nervous. It's like that feeling when you can feel an inevitable pending doom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is EXACTLY how I feel.
Every now and then, i get flash backs of some questions. Thats when i start to panic..... i just want my results now!!!! :frown:
Original post by iamthestig
Yeeesh. I'd have had a breakdown. Resits?

4 of them were resits. 2 were STEP. And the rest were the result of trying to do further maths in 1 year.

Latest