The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I saw someone talking about WJEC releasing the results later? What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MiaDreams
I saw someone talking about WJEC releasing the results later? What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Release their grade boundaries on the day of the exam :smile: not before
Original post by lukeniknak
we did.....
research methods (you have to do this, sigh!!!)
anomalistic
phobias
aggression
intelligence
sleep/bio rhythms

psychology was my favourite subject but some topics are really, really boring. equally some are super interesting though haha!

do you know which youre doing?

I'm looking forward to RM actually :tongue: I actually like it

I'm doing aggression, relationships, gender, schizophrenia and media. Almost entirely different to what you did :tongue:
Original post by lauren_denman
I prefered relationships personally as aggression seemed to be really biology related and I prefer the psychological side which was more in relationships. Plus I found relationships much easier to get to grips with and learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have thought it would be the other way round. I really hate biology, hated the stress section in AS as well but something about relationships doesn't really appeal to me.. if that makes sense :tongue:

Good luck for 6 days :smile: hopefully you've done well! And thank you :smile:
Original post by Jayqwe
If I were to study economics at uni, what subject should i drop when i start A2, Applied ICT or Chemistry? I am going to definitely stick with Maths and Economics, but still deciding between one of those two subjects :s

Applied ICT.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I'm looking forward to RM actually :tongue: I actually like it

I'm doing aggression, relationships, gender, schizophrenia and media. Almost entirely different to what you did :tongue:

I would have thought it would be the other way round. I really hate biology, hated the stress section in AS as well but something about relationships doesn't really appeal to me.. if that makes sense :tongue:

Good luck for 6 days :smile: hopefully you've done well! And thank you :smile:

woah haha! almost all different.
aggression was my favourite though so hopefully you enjoy that!
So how do we find out the grade boundaries on the day before? Do AQA/OCR just upload them to their websites for everyone to see or is it only for teachers to see?
Original post by glbxx
Hello, I've just completed OCR Psychology A2 :smile:
I saw your other post about doing forensic and health psychology modules - I did these too. In health we did Stress, Disorders and Dysfunctional Behaviour. In Forensics we did topics about profiling, imprisonment etc etc.
I would say the most important thing is to make study cards every week for the studies you have just covered. We did 3 studies a week, resulting in about 54 studies to learn for the G543 exam. You will probably get a big booklet with all the studies in which you will work through, but it is also important to make your own revision cards, as you can use little clip arts and images to help you remember the info :smile: the more you can remember from each study, the better ! I made mine using microsoft word, put loads of stupid little images in them and that was so helpful when it came to remembering information. Make it personal to you.
You seem enthusiastic about the course, which is fab. Try to keep up that interest and keep on top of essays which your teachers will probably set you. Even if the teachers don't collect them in (mine often didn't once we were comfortable with the exam technique), it's still good practice! If you have any other questions please feel free to message me.
Best of luck :smile:

Yeah thanks for this. Although I am not doing it at UNI I am really interested by it probably why I chose to do my EPQ on it as I am doing how mental hospitals have changed in the last 60 years? Remember Rosenhan from AS I was really interested by it as it was based in the 1970s so I have chosen to do it for my EPQ haha.:cool:

Questions is health psychology purely about mental disorders or are there other things that you learn about?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Infamous12
So how do we find out the grade boundaries on the day before? Do AQA/OCR just upload them to their websites for everyone to see or is it only for teachers to see?

Grade boundaries are uploaded on exam boards' official websites the day before the results day so everyone could access them :smile:
Anyone have the AQA mark schemes?
Original post by Matt_dragon
Grade boundaries are uploaded on exam boards' official websites the day before the results day so everyone could access them :smile:

Thanks!
I feel sick already oh god
Reply 1351
I didn't have a dream about results day for once! I dreamt I was a police officer and someone stole the keys to my car then chopped the roof off :frown: very strange

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 1352
Original post by James A
Anyone have the AQA mark schemes?

I think AQA releases them on the 14th. We have a lil' while to go yet! :wink:
Original post by lukeniknak
woah haha! almost all different.
aggression was my favourite though so hopefully you enjoy that!

Hopefully :smile: it sounds interesting enough.

Good luck for results day :smile:
Original post by Infamous12
Thanks!

Any time :smile:
Original post by kingdoo
A lot of people seem to have done AQA psychology, anyone did OCR can you tell me how difficult it is.

I did ocr psychology and i'm gonna be honest. It was the hardest a level of mine and it involved remembering about 70 studies aswell as exam technique! So wish i'd dropped it at AS and carried on with french.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abcdefghijklmeg
I did ocr psychology and i'm gonna be honest. It was the hardest a level of mine and it involved remembering about 70 studies aswell as exam technique! So wish i'd dropped it at AS and carried on with french.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as the studies are interesting then I like learning them, how interesting did you find them compared to the studies at AS. Also what other subjects did you do?
Original post by smithstefan1995
Declined my offer but it is pretty nice :smile:

How comes? It is :smile:
Original post by kingdoo
As long as the studies are interesting then I like learning them, how interesting did you find them compared to the studies at AS. Also what other subjects did you do?

Oh the studies themselves are far more interesting than AS definitely! The forensic ones are the best in my opinion! The ones at AS seemed very unrelated to real life whereas in A2 they use alot of case studies and real situations :-). I took English Lit, Biology, Drama and Psychology, obviously:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People doing or have done their personal statement how did it go? I am thinking that mine is awful although it does seem to show me. I have just done my first paragraph.

Latest