The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonkeeper999
Haha - I did this too! Went to IKEA yesterday and bought some plates and cutlery, and some really cute mugs :colondollar:

It's so fun isn't it! :tongue: for some reason cute kitchen stuff is just amazing :ahee:
Reply 1481
anyone else feeling constantly sick at the thought of checking track... I keep thinking how badly I think aqa biol 5 and OCR Chem went.... And the fact that I need AAA :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by kingdoo
Who else gets their results late. I receive mine at 10:00am but I don't know if this is just for AS levels for for the A2's as well. I'd rather get them at like 8:00

My college didn't open until 11 last year for everyone!! I'm praying it's earlier this year.
Thankfully my results come with Edexcel ResultsPlus. It's so much easier to just log in at 7a.m (Spanish time becuase I live in Spain) on my own computer than drive all the way to college to get my results!
Original post by MathsNerd1
After results day I'll be spending a fortune to get ready for whichever university I'll be going to :redface:

It's sad, but I'm actually quite excited to make a list of everything I need for Uni and then going out and buying it.
I have a tendency to over think these kind of things, though.
For example; I'm genuinely trying to decide whether to take a giant suitcase for my clothes or a squishy holdall.
These are the kind of things my brain is filled with. :colondollar:
Original post by when she was 22
My college didn't open until 11 last year for everyone!! I'm praying it's earlier this year.

It is pointless for you to get results that late especially this year I feel sorry for my schools current year 13's as this is my sixth forms first time in getting A level results as it only opened last year.:eek:

How are they going to cope with clearing even though my sixth form is very supportive?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
Plates, mugs; plural? I think I pretty much just plan to have one of everything.

I'm really clumsy - I thought it was safer to buy a few of everything fragile!
Original post by PythianLegume
It wasn't price, but space I was worrying about - you don't want to be taking loads of bags on the train.

Are you not driving down when you move in ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good for you! I've done it twice already, nothing to be worried about! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1489
If I completely fail, will anyone join me on the quest to become the worlds greatest comedian? Failing that, we can become con artists? Anyone?
Original post by Divergent
I did this about a week and a half ago :smile:
It's exciting isn't it?
Costing me a fortune though - I didn't realise how much stuff cost XD

I keep worrying that I'll miss the grades though and it'll all be for nothing... :frown:
Everything is so expensive! I'm going to have to look online for things like saucepans - they were all over 20 pounds in the shops! I'm going to spend half my student loan before I've even got it! :eek:
Original post by King Hotpie
I'm donating blood for the very first time on Monday.... This will give me something different to be terrified about for a change :laugh:

My previous post was directed at you haha. Damn confusing tsr app.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toya
Are you not driving down when you move in ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We shall see - I suppose it depends how much stuff I end up bringing.
Original post by kevsamuel
Thankfully my results come with Edexcel ResultsPlus. It's so much easier to just log in at 7a.m (Spanish time becuase I live in Spain) on my own computer than drive all the way to college to get my results!

How are people using resultsplus? I thought it was a system exclusively made for teachers. We weren't given a password, username or anything.. Unfair :angry:
Original post by Flowerii
It's sad, but I'm actually quite excited to make a list of everything I need for Uni and then going out and buying it.
I have a tendency to over think these kind of things, though.
For example; I'm genuinely trying to decide whether to take a giant suitcase for my clothes or a squishy holdall.
These are the kind of things my brain is filled with. :colondollar:

My brain is just lazy now so may just do it the weekend before I move in :tongue:
I'm going to say 4 of all eating things will be enough with 3 pans and 2 frying pans too?
I keep worrying that I'll miss the grades though and it'll all be for nothing... :frown:
Everything is so expensive! I'm going to have to look online for things like saucepans - they were all over 20 pounds in the shops! I'm going to spend half my student loan before I've even got it! :eek:

Same! I keep worrying I'm going to be in a double bed catered room, then I've spent £150 on stuff for nothing :P
It is! IKEA had a pack of 3 saucepans for like £5? :smile:
Original post by kingdoo
Who else gets their results late. I receive mine at 10:00am but I don't know if this is just for AS levels for for the A2's as well. I'd rather get them at like 8:00

I think this is for the AS. Because at our sixthform AS students get theirs at 10:30am and A2 get theirs at around 6am. Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know for fact I'm taking 2 cars down to my uni.
Then I'll probs come back up home the same day and then catch a train down with my last suitcase :smile:

I'm getting 3 saucepans and 2 frying pans for £30 which I thought was good

Latest