The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, I'll probably change my mind, though I'm planning on doing French with Chemistry.

Aah, German I find so hard! I'm definitely doing French A Level, and I want to self study Spanish, I don't have a GCSE in it though :redface:

I reckon that you'll be extremely great at Spanish... That's coming from someone with an GCSE and AS in it.

Like I always say: once you're proficient in one MFL language, the world is your oyster with learning new ones!

Could you understand if someone spoke Spanish to you!?
As in, similar cognates from French and English that you can decipher?

It is a weird question but could be something an individual can do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2741
Original post by Arva
x!

I have neeews :biggrin:
Original post by JENG
is it just me or is this last week taking forever........................I mean we went from saying 14 DAYS TO GO to 7 Days to go, really quickly but now its just dragging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I think until now it has gone relatively quickly but since it is 4 days it will feel like a life time.:rolleyes:
Original post by Silcce
Hold up! If you resat an AS exam but didn't tell UCAS, because you didn't believe you could get a better grade e.t.c or because you submitted your form before you got your result or made up your mind, do you have to tell them what grade you got?!?! Because I just thought it would be added to the A2 grade and given to UCAS/ my firm uni! :eek: I think I'm about to have a panic attack right now :eek:
I resat a ton of AS modules and my school said that if you have applied this year, the best results go straight to UCAS and the uni.
Original post by Ché.
I reckon that you'll be extremely great at Spanish... That's coming from someone with an GCSE and AS in it.

Like I always say: once you're proficient in one MFL language, the world is your oyster with learning new ones!

Could you understand if someone spoke Spanish to you!?
As in, similar cognates from French and English that you can decipher?

It is a weird question but could be something an individual can do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you seen me speak Spanish?:tongue: I'm not great yet!

:awesome:

If they're speaking at a reasonable pace I can make some stuff out :smile: like I was watching Heroes and Maya was speaking Spanish with her brother (although it was Latin Spanish) and I got so excited when I understood bits :tongue:

I know what you mean, one thing that gets me in Spanish is you can't hear "h"
Just PM around, more likely to be successful:tongue:

I can't PM the damn guy because I think he set his 'contact info' to private.

Just my luck:frown:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
is what the same? grade boundaries for ocr, aqa and edexcel get released on wednesday, wjec on thursday.

if youre asking about raw mark/ums converters then im not sure, all I know is that aqa have one and ocr don't :smile:

Oh i was asking about grade boundaries thanks!
Reply 2747
Original post by cleverslacker
I'm moving house, gotta unpack all my stuff from boxes, it takes my mind right off it
lucky you
Original post by joy_to_the_world
I can't PM the damn guy because I think he set his 'contact info' to private.

Just my luck:frown:

Haha, I'll PM him now :smile:
Reply 2749
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Are you sure? My college was charging 30 pounds (or more for practical exams) per retake as well.

Mine was 30 or 40 I think '- depending on the exam board
Haha, I'll PM him now :smile:

I was hoping you'd say that :colone:

Thanks a ton :smile:
Original post by SyedaK
Any AS media students here?

I did A2 Media this year, but obviously I did AS last year so if you have any questions or anything, go ahead :smile:
I was hoping you'd say that :colone:

Thanks a ton :smile:

Done :colone:

I've said to post it here if he has it...
Done :colone:

I've said to post it here if he has it...

Ah okay. Hopefully he's got it. :tongue:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
is what the same? grade boundaries for ocr, aqa and edexcel get released on wednesday, wjec on thursday.

if youre asking about raw mark/ums converters then im not sure, all I know is that aqa have one and ocr don't :smile:

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but ARE THERE any courses with that offer? I'd heard some chemical engineering courses could have nasty entrance requirements, but 3A*s seems insane...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ecawthorn
Does anyone know whether when your teacher/s have marked your coursework and given it a mark and then send it off for the examiner to mark it, the examiner would change it if they think it deserves higher(or lower) I was just wondering cos think my coursework is gonna put me back and some last minute improvements made me wonder if the examiner would think it was slightly better than my teacher. It was aqa english lit B and it was on a Shakespeare text and Educating Rita too

Also does anyone know if the drama aqa as boundaries change (dunno if it's A or B or whatever) with the practical exam, not the written? Cos think my teacher said they might change, hoping they will cos I was only 2 measly marks off a B at As and just hoping that the boundaries lower by 2 marks for the practical side! (the written won't change cos that was in January) If anyone knows answer asap please! Thanks!x

For my AS English Lit, my teachers said it was full marks and it dropped 1 mark when it was moderated :smile:
But my Media teacher gave me full marks in my AS coursework and it got moderated to a low C (I was FURIOUS!) so it really depends!
Ah okay. Hopefully he's got it. :tongue:

Yeah :smile:
Original post by TauMuon
I know you're probably being sarcastic, but ARE THERE any courses with that offer? I'd heard some chemical engineering courses could have nasty entrance requirements, but 3A*s seems insane...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imperial would do that:tongue:
I've heard that the official up-to-date clearing list is published on the UCAS website from midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Is this true?
Reply 2758
​literally ****ting myself
Reply 2759
does anyone know if you resit your a levels the next year because you have not got the grades needed for your course they can ask for higher grades than everyone else

Latest