The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Original post by Arva
I was poking fun at his spelling :confused:

Not you Arva :tongue:
Reply 3021
Original post by ryanboi
Chloe, people here are worrying about their results and meeting their requirement for universities. Things like getting 100UMS in every Maths modules is not something that matters a lot. Employers wont see it. Dont get me wrong, we all have different expectations. Yours are higher than others but seriously, is not a good time to post that when everyone is worrying if they even gonna get the A's/A*'s for universities

Anyway, good luck with your results :smile:

I remember you from the FP2 and FP3 threads. What do you think you got in further maths?
anybody else thinking if they get higher grades than what they need then looking at adjustment?
Original post by Chloe_P
Not you Arva :tongue:

But when he mocked my grammar mistake, it wounded my pride and has left my self-esteem in tatters. :frown:
I can't believe tomorrow we will be saying 'It's Results Day this week'
Original post by kingdoo
OK I have a question about AQA geography. I have just done the AS exam and an A is 63% which to me is really low. Is this the same for the A2 or is it much higher?

It's about the same.
A2 is a lot harder in the sense that you've got a massive 40 mark essay question at the end of the paper, so obviously people don't tend to do as well as they otherwise could (depending totally on other subjects! I've found that the people in my class who did English etc have done better than the Science-y people, because they know how to ramble around a point and still make it sound valid) :wink: Although that might just be the case for my school!
Original post by Tuya
Calling all A2 Edexcel C3ers:
Do you think it affected your chance of making your firm offer than it should have?

Not really but M2, AEA and STEP probably have :redface:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I know someone who got 7/120 on a physics paper. I mean really...

I know someone that got 1/100 on a C1 paper :eek:.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I got 2 Xs in January :awesome:

Was the examiner very cross with you? :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by brittanna

1??? how is that possible??? thats like 2/72
Was the examiner very cross with you? :teehee:

Spoiler

:rofl: that was good :wink:

One exam I didn't turn up because of the snow... The other... :colondollar:

Well... I'd have failed... :mmm:
Original post by brittanna

Woah! 1/100 in C1? C1 the one math paper that makes you think A-level Mathematics is a joke?! :lol:
Reply 3032
Original post by lilGem
I have neeews :biggrin:

Do tell! :teeth:
Original post by thers
I remember you from the FP2 and FP3 threads. What do you think you got in further maths?

Hey man, I think I got the A secured cuz I only need 71 in two of the three modules: FP2, FP3 and M2. It all depends on the mark scheme now but I didnt do that well so I dont think I got the A*. Silly mistakes in FP3 on Q3, on the first part. So, I lost all the marks probably as you know, FP3, all the parts link up. What bout you? What do you think you got in all your subjects?
Original post by chubbycharms
I can't believe tomorrow we will be saying 'It's Results Day this week'

A week starts on Sunday so we can already say that :biggrin:
1??? how is that possible??? thats like 2/72

I know, and given that you get at least that many marks for differentiating something not much more difficult than x^2 :facepalm:. He didn't continue maths to A2 :nah:.
Reply 3036
Original post by ryanboi
Chloe, people here are worrying about their results and meeting their requirement for universities. Things like getting 100UMS in every Maths modules is not something that matters a lot. Employers wont see it. Dont get me wrong, we all have different expectations. Yours are higher than others but seriously, is not a good time to post that when everyone is worrying if they even gonna get the A's/A*'s for universities

Anyway, good luck with your results :smile:

But why should A2 students care? Whatever I get it's not going to affect them anyway since they already have their offers :dontknow:. Some unis look at UMS and I'm not too confident with how my other subjects went so maths is all I got :redface:

Good luck to you too.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: dw, I hope you get your full UMS:tongue: although be happy with 95+:wink:

Thanks, good luck with your GCSE results :biggrin:.
Reply 3037
Original post by sneha.vag
Woah! 1/100 in C1? C1 the one math paper that makes you think A-level Mathematics is a joke?! :lol:

A boy at my school got that for writing his name on the paper :tongue:
Anyone here going to check UCAS early before they actually get their results???
Original post by sneha.vag

:yep:, he actually did quite well at GCSE as well. I think that D1 probably wins that title :lol:.

Latest