The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annadorts
Any Bristol firmers?

Here, firmed law. Need AAA :frown:
Reply 3101
Original post by Tuya
You applying for the uni as well then?

Nah because I want to go to a different city, since I've been living in Cambridge all my life. Also I doubt I would get into the university! haha. I'm hoping to go to York
Reply 3102
Original post by ryanboi
Yeah, I messed up C4 with silly mistakes. Didnt change calculator to radian -.- and vectors last few parts. I hope grade boundaries for C4 is low. It has been low for 3-4 years so hope it will be the same this year. I need 82UMS for A* in Maths. Econ, I need 47/120UMS for an A so thats done. Just need the A* in normal Maths and I got my A*AA for Bath! FP3, without that silly mistake, I would have only lost 5-8 marks on the last question but with it, I think 15-20 marks so A* gone. FP2 and FP3 grade boundaries are always high. I cant get A in Chemistry anymore cuz I got 0UMS in ISA(When I got 57%??) but definitely a B

Good luck with your results man :smile:

Ah yes I heard C4 was horrible once again this summer. Recently AQA have made core 4 very difficult in comparison to the older papers. According to my teacher, the examiner who wrote the Jan paper got fired because it was too hard! Managed to take advantage of the low boundaries though and ended up with 98/100 in it. The grade boundaries will be low judging by other students reactions I heard coming out the sports hall. Good luck to you aswell on Thurs.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
hmm yea I found it okay except a few weird bits. hoping an A is no higher than 79. 76-78 i'd be happy with, but im hoping i got around 85raw marks minimum. Did u do unit 1 in january? what did u get?

i did unit 1 and completely trashed it and got a C,my calculator broke before the exam started so i got given a basic calc so i couldnt do the calculations on.Therefore i resat in june,but i found jan's paper extremely easier than junes when i did the exam as a past paper :smile: yourself ?
Original post by bunny96
I guess so :/ I actually preferred the calculations in unit one, I hated unit two because it was mostly electricity which I hate :s-smilie: Waves was good though :smile:

Only a third of it was electricity :tongue: but yh that stuff is dull, there was also Quantum theory which was pretty damn sexy :sexface:
Reply 3105
Original post by thers
Ah yes I heard C4 was horrible once again this summer. Recently AQA have made core 4 very difficult in comparison to the older papers. According to my teacher, the examiner who wrote the Jan paper got fired because it was too hard! Managed to take advantage of the low boundaries though and ended up with 98/100 in it. The grade boundaries will be low judging by other students reactions I heard coming out the sports hall. Good luck to you aswell on Thurs.

Yea it's ironic how they make the un-resitable paper the hardest one :/
Reply 3106
Original post by KatriIvory
Ahh we did AQA, Tsarist Russia and Anti-Semitism, Hitler and the German People

Cool, did you enjoy studying those topics? I didn't really like history this year :/ I'm going to drop it I think.
if i got BBB in my AS levels and i wanted to go to a uni with AAB requirement,could i at least still get interviewed,going solely off my application and p.s ?
Reply 3108
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Only a third of it was electricity :tongue: but yh that stuff is dull, there was also Quantum theory which was pretty damn sexy :sexface:

Ok find maybe it wasn't mostly electricity :smile: But it was too much for my liking :smile:
Oh wow what an interesting way to describe Quantum Physics? I'm not sure it's the term I would opt for though :tongue:
Original post by krishkmistry
if i got BBB in my AS levels and i wanted to go to a uni with AAB requirement,could i at least still get interviewed,going solely off my application and p.s ?

Yes, universities will usually look at personal statement, AS grades, academic reference and predicted grades.
Many teachers will have no problem with predicting you one grade better than your AS grade.
Reply 3110

Anything is possible, but your predicted grades must be pretty close to the requirement.
Original post by ve_1995
Cool, did you enjoy studying those topics? I didn't really like history this year :/ I'm going to drop it I think.

Yeah I did surprisingly! When I found out I was doing Russia I was a bit sceptical, but it actually turned out to be be favourite! A lot of people I know are dropping history too!
Reply 3112
thanks for the negs everyone - please keep it up! :biggrin:
Reply 3113
Anyone psychology or university of birmingham firmers?
Original post by bunny96
Ok find maybe it wasn't mostly electricity :smile: But it was too much for my liking :smile:
Oh wow what an interesting way to describe Quantum Physics? I'm not sure it's the term I would opt for though :tongue:

Alright, maybe I came off a little too strong, quantum physics was very intriguing better? :tongue:
Although what term would you've opted for? :holmes:
i did unit 1 and completely trashed it and got a C,my calculator broke before the exam started so i got given a basic calc so i couldnt do the calculations on.Therefore i resat in june,but i found jan's paper extremely easier than junes when i did the exam as a past paper :smile: yourself ?

ohhh that sucks :/ but u dont need a graphical calculator for chemistry?
ahh well I hope youve done better! well last june i got a C, then i resat in january and got a high A :smile: but my final unit5 exam was a killer so i'm not sure if i've done enough for an overall A grade :frown:
Original post by printergirl
What pizza? Has to be chicken and pineapple for me plus onions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I usually get new York deli from dominos but we can get two!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3117
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Alright, maybe I came off a little too strong, quantum physics was very intriguing better? :tongue:
Although what term would you've opted for? :holmes:

Yeah, just a tad :smile: Yes better! I think I will side with you on intriguing; it's a perfect match :five:
Original post by Tuya
No, Oxbridge sometimes don't want to lose exceptional students (inr) so give them an EE offer, which means even if they get something bad (by Cambridge standards) like AAB, they won't go through the hassle of calling them up, etc...
This is usually for prodigies in their field who aren't the exam type, but can contribute to the subject.

Ohhh i see. what does inr stand for?
that's good of them, i expect its only a few that are given this?
what do you mean who arent the exam type?
Original post by Cyclohexane
Yes, universities will usually look at personal statement, AS grades, academic reference and predicted grades.
Many teachers will have no problem with predicting you one grade better than your AS grade.

i mean,BBB is a little unlikely as I'm expecting higher but basically i'm planning on applying to kings college london.So far I'm on my 3rd draft on my personal statement already and it's sharp apparently.I also have a lot of experience in working in a pharmacy as I've worked in two comm. pharmacies and a hospital whilst currently working in one right now with a qualification in being a counter assistant.It's a lot but i want to know if i can at least get an interview even though my grades might not meet the requirement :smile:

Latest