The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Yeah Edinburgh is great :smile: I think speculating is all we can do for the next few days unfortunately :rolleyes:.

Bath is a really nice historical place as well, although I've never seen/visited the university as it didn't do my course. Is the university modern or old? What grades do you need?

I didn't visit or see Bath at all, but I decided to apply there due to family pressure actually! I saw it on my interview date and thought it was quite lively and the lecturers seemed lovely, so I firmed it.
It's not old like Edinburgh, but it's not modern either. It's like a 60's concrete campus, which doesn't sound too nice to be honest, but its got a nice campus feeling to it :smile:

I need AAB, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed I;ve got an A on my R.S exam XD xx
Original post by Hopefulmedstudent
I do, just hoping that I meet it.

Are you holding a medical school offer too?

Hey hopefully you will get in!. Yeh im holding offers , fortunately theyre unconditional
Original post by Divergent
I didn't visit or see Bath at all, but I decided to apply there due to family pressure actually! I saw it on my interview date and thought it was quite lively and the lecturers seemed lovely, so I firmed it.
It's not old like Edinburgh, but it's not modern either. It's like a 60's concrete campus, which doesn't sound too nice to be honest, but its got a nice campus feeling to it :smile:

I need AAB, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed I;ve got an A on my R.S exam XD xx

I'm quite familiar with family pressure, I was nearly forced into applying to Exeter despite the fact that it was the one university I didn't want to go to (mainly due to proximity as I live in Torbay). I ended up applying to Durham who I was promptly rejected by, but if Exeter had given me an offer I may have been forced into going there :P. Anyway I'm sure Bath is great, I probably would have applied there myself if it had offered my course. The 'campus' thing is nice, at Edinburgh the catered accommodation buildings (which is where I've applied to be) are in on a mini-campus just out of town which is cool.

I think we spoke earlier about Philosophy, and I'm sure you'll have done enough. My main worry is getting my third A in Geography...or lest I say it Drama :eek:.
The thing I am most worried about is that I don't even have the luxury of an insurance...
Reply 3404
Any University of Kent firmers? It's my insurance. I think it might be where I end up.
Reply 3405
Ahh hurry up Thursday!
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm wide awake O.O
Can't sleep at all because I'm so nervous.

2 days and 20 hours till results day....
(or 1 day and 20 hours till grade boundaries) !!
Original post by Arva
Umad?

Oh, umad alright.

350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustle-jimmies-shaking-13537619370.gif

I'm not mad, I'm just not afraid of having an opinion. What kind of simpleton says 'umad'?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by venenecinema
Why are you so annoyed? Did somebody fail their A-Levels?

I'm annoyed because, after making it to an AAB-requiring university (I was one grade off but they let me in), a large portion of people there are typically from middle/upper-middle class backgrounds, who are blatantly the products of pushy parenting and/or superior schools, but frankly I don't see that much natural intelligence in most of these people. Everything about them seems artificial and not quite right.
(edited 10 years ago)
Up at 4:23 am because I'm already too stressed about results to sleep. What is my life? :s-smilie:
Reply 3410
I have work at 9, I shouldn't be up stressing over results day. Going to be tired and moody all day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3411
Been worrying about this since I came out of my last exam :/
Original post by chocoholic_x
Up at 4:23 am because I'm already too stressed about results to sleep. What is my life? :s-smilie:

Im the complete opposite, im excited! ( I f*d up like two exams but still ...oddly excited o_O), the anticipation, the wait it's all been too long. Let's get it over and done with!
Whatever happens, is meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymou
Im the complete opposite, im excited! ( I f*d up like two exams but still ...oddly excited o_O), the anticipation, the wait it's all been too long. Let's get it over and done with!
Whatever happens, is meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I completely understand the whole anticipation for results to become available as soon as possible but it's more of a means to unleash me from this horrific wait rather than wanting to know what I've got. I don't have high hopes.

Are you an A2 student? :smile:
Reply 3414
Time to watch Dexter and Breaking Bad, then off to a LotR marathon

WHAT IS LIFE
Original post by sAvi0r
Time to watch Dexter and Breaking Bad, then off to a LotR marathon

WHAT IS LIFE

Working through Breaking Bad marathon style to take my mind off the big day... cooling down from a recent LotR spree though, opting for Watchmen after this!

Eh, I totally know the feeling.
It's 5:20am.. and I'm still awake.

Mind me asking what exam board your R.S is? :biggrin:
Yes I completely understand the whole anticipation for results to become available as soon as possible but it's more of a means to unleash me from this horrific wait rather than wanting to know what I've got. I don't have high hopes.

Are you an A2 student? :smile:

No high hopes round here too to be honest, I just want to leave home like now!
Yes, im an A2 student & yourself?

Oh the thought of leaving home just makes me wish it was Thursday already so I can know when I can get out of here for sure!!

Though hopefully, as I'm on a gap year (working), I will be moving into my own flat in Edinburgh..

It would be nice to know I have somewhere to go at the end of that year though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you get remarks?

Latest