The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish

:ahee: forms :sogood:

I love forms generally, but student finance was a special exception. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm starting to get scared now. Maths was terrible this year.
Reply 3642
Meh, don't know about Cambridge...

:teeth: Are you seeing the light?!
Has Edexcel ResultsPlus stopped working for everyone else again?! >:frown:
Original post by XxMagicMezziexX
pots, pans, untencils, towels, cutlery, bedding, cushions, mirror, tea towels etc etc
I just googled university shopping lists, they all more or less say the same thing
Shops I visited included, Ikea, Primark, Wilkinsons, Asda and B&M :biggrin:

What's B&M? And I thought Wilkinsons closed down or something o.O Are there even any Wilkinsons stores in London O.O. GOOGLE! that's what I should have done xD I pretty much only had toilet paper as a main thing to buy :s
Reply 3645
Original post by RealtnahEireann
Anyone else here getting their results online? :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, two hours before track opens :eek:.. I'm not playing the waiting game, I'll open them all at once XD
Reply 3646
These next few days will be the longest days of my life
Not sure I will be able to stay up till 7A.M on Thursday! :eek:
Original post by Ender'sgame
Well, I'm starting to get scared now. Maths was terrible this year.

which maths exam board are you with, i found maths awful this summer
Original post by OwlPatronus
I love forms generally, but student finance was a special exception. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee: so what results are you awaiting?
Original post by Arva
:teeth: Are you seeing the light?!

Funnily enough, Oxford is taking precedence :lol: (although if I was by some strike of dumb chance, lucky enough to get an offer from Oxford it'd most likely be AAA right? And so it'll probably be an insurance... Because the others are A*AA :teeth: and I like their courses)

Scrap that. It's A*AA... And York is AA A/B :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HPAG
Went back and checked.

This is how the post looks now.

Looked there was an edit done. So probably Peakcasso probably made an edit after you posted this quoting her.

(Original post by Peakcasso)
Got my firm to withdraw my application a day before track froze, thinking I've made the stupidest decision of my life so far

What made you withdraw your firm?

So I assumed you made an amendment to her quote as a joke.

Well, it was no joke.
Scrap that. It's A*AA... And York is AA A/B :eek:

Bear in mind that if you do 4 A Levels, York is AAA, regardless of how many science subjects you take.

But Chemistry at York is really nice - it's my insurance.
Reply 3652
Original post by lillollystar
Can someone link me this movie thread please? :smile:

TSR all nighter movie watch along thread can be found here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2426331

Vote for your favourite (LOTR) then come back on Wednesday night to join in the conversation

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by PythianLegume
Bear in mind that if you do 4 A Levels, York is AAA, regardless of how many science subjects you take.

AAA then :tongue: doesn't make a difference tbh, As are easier when you have AS to gain ground... The A*s are the tricky ones.
Reply 3654
Original post by Tom_green_day
Oh what grade requirements do you need at the moment?

Well for my A levels I'll need at least AAB. So for AS hopefully I'll get at least that, if I get any C's this year then I'll definitely have to retake :/ what about you?
Original post by Arva
Your 'opinion' is extremely bitter and reeks of envy.

The kind of simpleton who likes to joke around, especially when he's conversing with rude and generalising people. Trust me I'm actually fairly smart. :wink:

I might be rude, and I might come across as generalising, but at least I base my generalisations on real-life observations. Kids who go to private schools or have pushy parents that shove textbooks down their throats always end up at a much better place than everyone else, it's not right. Class has such a strong influence on someone's achievement, it makes me sick. Education in this country is rigged. It's a joke. I'm not as envious as you'd think; my parents are middle-class themselves and they didn't push me. They only wanted me to be happy unlike a lot of these proud dinner-party show-offs. I'm a product of my own desire to succeed, not some artificially instilled one.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's so horrible to think that unis have probably already thrown us into the accept or reject lists. :frown:
:ahee: so what results are you awaiting?

A2 English Lit, English Lang, Philosophy and Psychology. I need A*AA, but goodness knows whether that will actually happen. :rolleyes: Yourself?
(edited 10 years ago)
Personally, i've slightly calmed down, compared to how i was on Friday. The idea of the universities knowing our grades, some how calms me a bit, because it means that they've spent this time thinking carefully about us and how badly we want this, so its just the Yes or No aspect that seems Big. No-one likes rejection :/ Hmm, I don't now if I should wait for UCAS to open up and check track, or if I should go to school for 8am and find out my results that way :/
Original post by Daniellejo.
It's so horrible to think that unis have probably already thrown us into the accept or reject lists. :frown:

The idea is freaky! :frown:

Latest