The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Have you watched wilshere play week in week out?
Have you watched andy carroll week in week out?

If you did then I'm sure you would take both the statements back, even if the second one was said sarcastically.

So are you implying that Carroll is better than RVP?

I thought we were talking about midfielders. Talk about going off-topic :teehee:
Cleverly is not better than Wilshere and neither is Anderson or Fletcher. Christ :facepalm:
Original post by jam277
Brb insinuating gerrards been a **** player since 2006.
Brb insinuating cavani's a **** player
Brb insinuating ronaldo was **** last season
Brb insinuating suarez is a **** player
Brb making ridiculous assertions because he knows he's wrong about wilshere.

I need some of that pot.

:rolleyes: okay so I disagree with you on one player so I must also about all players? are you that arrogant?

Original post by DaveSmith99
Cleverly is not better than Wilshere and neither is Anderson or Fletcher. Christ :facepalm:

are you illiterate? read what I actually said ffs, right now you are just being a WUM and a jackass.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
So are you implying that Carroll is better than RVP?

:facepalm2: read what I quoted.
He said(sarcastically) that if wilshere is better than clevs then carroll is better than RVP. Using the reason that he's younger and english, and implying that we said that wilshere's better than anderson, cleverley and fletcher because he's younger and english...
Reply 8365
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I thought we were talking about midfielders. Talk about going off-topic :teehee:

Tbh, Rio's got the composure and ball skill to play DM :smug:
Original post by SciFiRory
:rolleyes: okay so I disagree with you on one player so I must also about all players? are you that arrogant?

are you illiterate? read what I actually said ffs, right now you are just being a WUM and a jackass.

:rofl: :rofl:
Just using your logic and showing why your statement about wilshere not carrying arsenal to the title is absolutely ridiculous.

That also means that RVP was **** 2 seasons ago. Because he carried arsenal but they didn't win jack. That's basically what you're implying.

are you illiterate? read what I actually said ffs,

A load of delusional *******

right now you are just being a WUM and a jackass.

Where do you think Manchester City will finish?

I've not watched them in pre-season but they've apparently been really bad and some journalist are saying that the players are finding it hard to adapt to Pelligrini's playing style. I know its only pre-season but if they can't play the way their manager wants then it looks like they're in for a difficult season.

The only reason there hasn't been much said about Manchester City is because the media are too engrossed at whats going on at United. But I can see United finishing second and City third at this rate.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Where do you think Manchester City will finish?

I've not watched them in pre-season but they've apparently been really bad and some journalist are saying that the players are finding it hard to adapt to Pelligrini's playing style. I know its only pre-season but if they can't play the way their manager wants then it looks like they're in for a difficult season.

The only reason there hasn't been much said about Manchester City is because the media are too engrossed at whats going on at United. But I can see United finishing second and City third at this rate.

Tbh, I think United, City and Chelsea have all looked pretty poor in pre-season from what I've seen of them.
Tbh, I think United, City and Chelsea have all looked pretty poor in pre-season from what I've seen of them.

I'd say chelsea have been good in pre-season tbh. Bar the madrid match(poor tactics but a loss was expected), we've won every game. Roma game was edgy though but we dispatched the milan clubs with ease and played really well in them.

Yeah I agree although Chelsea haven't done too badly. But my point being is why people think City will finish above us. Yes they've strengthened their squad but they'll need time to adapt and play as a unit. And having a new manager who knows little about the League surely they shouldn't be second favourites to win the title this year. I think United have a better chance then some people are putting forward.
Original post by jam277
I'd say chelsea have been good in pre-season tbh. Bar the madrid match(poor tactics but a loss was expected), we've won every game. Roma game was edgy though but we dispatched the milan clubs with ease and played really well in them.

Admittedly, I've seen Chelsea the least, and the Real Madrid match sticks out like a sore thumb.
Reply 8373
Original post by CB91
LMAO at Cleverley being on the same level as Wilshere. This is pure comedy gold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many matches has Wilshere played in the last 2 years? Difficult to say that he's on the same level as he was back then before his injuries. Haven't really seen him influence a match since his return.

I'd say they're at about the same level at the moment.
Original post by Yawn-er
How many matches has Wilshere played in the last 2 years? Difficult to say that he's on the same level as he was back then before his injuries. Haven't really seen him influence a match since his return.

I'm guessing you didn't watch england vs brazil when he dominated them.
The problem was that wilsheres run in form also coincided with arsenal being in poor form, so since he's not scoring goals and not an assister he's under the radar. But he's much better than cleverley.
Original post by Yawn-er

forget it mate, questioning the second coming of Jesus/Pele and Marradona that is Wilshere is a crime against humanity on the internet.

when he fails to live up to the hype like most English youngsters it will be us laughing at them but hey.
Reply 8376
forget it mate, questioning the second coming of Jesus/Pele and Marradona that is Wilshere is a crime against humanity on the internet.

when he fails to live up to the hype like most English youngsters it will be us laughing at them but hey.

Arsenal fans do get too happy over Wilshere, but he is a very good player and he will live up to the hype IMO.

Other funny things I've heard are

- Koscielney is better than Vidic
- Walcott is better than any winger we have (even though he's **** on the wing)
- Arteta is better than Carrick
- If they buy Suarez they'll be title contenders
- We will finish 5th this season below them
Original post by zKlown
Arsenal fans do get too happy over Wilshere, but he is a very good player and he will live up to the hype IMO.

tbh just Arsenal fans I could understand as he's their own player and they have little else to cling to these days, but all England fans doing it (including those who support other teams who think it makes them seem cool and "unbiased" to do so :rolleyes:) is just a joke though, playing the odd great game here and there and otherwise being crocked, banned or unfit/off form really isn't worth the hype he gets at all, I think it says a lot about some so called United "fans" how little they rate our own players as well.
Original post by zKlown

Scores 21 goals almost all from the wing in a season.

'**** on the wing'

Seriously? I understand it's been vogue to hate on Walcott for the past 5 seasons now but this just shows how little of Walcott you watched last season (and the season before).

With regards to Cleverley/Wilshere, Wilshere is clearly a cut above. Cleverley is a tidy player, I actually thought they played quite well together against Brazil, but Wilshere has the ability to grab a game by the balls and drag a team to victory. Cleverley will keep you ticking but is less likely to produce a moment of magic to win a game.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Scores 21 goals almost all from the wing in a season.

'**** on the wing'

Seriously? I understand it's been vogue to hate on Walcott for the past 5 seasons now but this just shows how little of Walcott you watched last season (and the season before).

With regards to Cleverley/Wilshere, Wilshere is clearly a cut above. Cleverley is a tidy player, I actually thought they played quite well together against Brazil, but Wilshere has the ability to grab a game by the balls and drag a team to victory. Cleverley will keep you ticking but is less likely to produce a moment of magic to win a game.

he wasn't played on the wing last season though, he played up front...you don't even know where your own players play :lol:

Latest