The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hullo
What I've been reading is apparently:
An email from UCAS first stating in the email that you've got a place somewhere.
Then your uni will tell you after

UCAS will tell you if you've been entered into clearing..
The uni who has rejected you does nothing

aaaah I see, as you can guess nerves are kicking in so my brain is worrying about every last detail, thank you for your help.
It sounds so cold to receive nothing off a university if you're rejected.
Reply 4401
Original post by MattCSidd
Am I the only one who's sixth form are offering results at 7am?

Ours is at 6 haha
Reply 4402
Original post by miffy56
... And dying inside.
I hate the people who look at you and treat you like scum. I had this woman get pissed off with me because a game wasnt in stock (we hadnt put the ticket up yet) and that her son would be upset and angry. Im like, I cant magic it out of thin air! Go somewhere else! At least thats what I wanted to say.
Other people ask if films are out on dvd when they literally have just started playing in the cinema.
Anyway enough apasda fun, hopefully ill be sticking my hand up a cows butt for at least the next 5 years.
So stressed, constant tension headache.
If I dont meet my offer, so going for CEO of asda and first things first, I will change the uniform so the womens shirt buttons around the boob areas dont pop open all the time.
Always aim high regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds pretty irritating, but the fact that you're still there means that you can handle it. Many people wouldn't be able to. That's a big deal haha.

But yea, aim high and achieve higher, you'll be fine anyway.
Reply 4403
Original post by Adam020
Hoping someone can help me out with 2 questions:

1. If your firm choice is in clearing, does that mean it'll be easier for you to get in?]

2. How much does the original target grade change for a subject that is in clearing? e.g If it was ABB before could it possibly go down to BBC or lower?

I want to know this too (if anyone knows the answer?) thanks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
Pretty dazzling, isn't it?

God damn *******s. Back to red alert.
Original post by kevloui
Why did the exam boards choose to have the most fun with the one paper we can't resit :/ that still pisses me off.

I think that secretly, exam boards just don't like students, and that's why they choose to be so evil! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Padouken
Reduced to tears by an Edexcel mathematics paper? How does one sleep at night?

With a great deal of satisfaction, i imagine - The girl already will probably get a A/B overall, anyway!
Original post by MathsNerd1
Now that I've had another look at the mark schemes I'm guessing 73/75 for FP2 and 62-63/75 for M2 which sounds a little bit more likely but I'm not too sure how likely really and I did S2 but the highest I got was 75 UMS in it :redface:

I think your A* depends entirely on boundaries for M2. If the boundaries are similar to Jan 2010 or Jun 2012, you'll get it if your predictions are correct.
(edited 10 years ago)
The next two days will be up there in the worst 2 days of my life I imagine, the stress is killing me :frown:
Original post by Ché.
TWO DAYS REMAINING!
By gods grace will he restore excellence in our work and commitment over the last 10-24 months!

How's everyone feeling!?
What is AS students expecting!?

A2/ First years... THE GREATEST OF LUCK!
You all seem extremely amazing; you can do this!

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too. I'm waiting for my AS results. I'm predicted AAAA, but I think I'll get AABB. What grades are you expecting by the way?
I'm so worried now. I'm a home student, started in Sept 2012. UCAS has my June 2012 results {As results}.

I just found out it hasn't updated my Jan 2013 Results {As}. Now I'm worried my results won't even get through this year.
Original post by HPAG
You should consider starting this by saying "OK my argument based on the royal family as being an example (Proxy) for the rich is wrong but..."

Yes true, I think not practicing essay writing fro 2 months almost has made me forget how to put forward an argument.
Reply 4411
Original post by mahatma ghandi
The next two days will be up there in the worst 2 days of my life I imagine, the stress is killing me :frown:

Same but Thursday will soon become the worst day of my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJMayes
I think your A* depends entirely on boundaries for M2. If the boundaries are similar to Jan 2010 or Jun 2012, you'll get it if your predictions are correct.

Yeah that's why Wednesday will be so much fun for me :tongue:
Reply 4413
Two days till results?!?!?!?
One day till boundaries?!?!?!?
:eek:
What happened
[h="2"]Time until Thursday, 15 August 2013, 00:00:01 (Douglas time)[/h]
DAY

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS

Oh my GOSH.

:afraid::argh::bawling::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING::AFRAID::ARGH::BAWLING:

Original post by senz72
Same but Thursday will soon become the worst day of my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah true, or it could be one of the best days of your life aha.
Original post by bunny96
Two days till results?!?!?!?
One day till boundaries?!?!?!?
:eek:
What happened

Two agonisingly long days!

Posted from TSR Mobile
can't even login to track.scared my firm uni has declined me even b4 I get the results :sigh::no:
TWO DAYS D:

*starts preparing vodka IV*
Reply 4419
Original post by 123456789012
Good luck to you too. I'm waiting for my AS results. I'm predicted AAAA, but I think I'll get AABB. What grades are you expecting by the way?

I'm awaiting AS results, too...
I'm hope go achieve:

A in Chemistry;
A on Biology;
A in Mathematics;
A/B in Spanish.
So all in all, AAAA-AAAB.
AABB at the most worst which will be devastating...
Really easy to say that I feel really positive as I worked extremely hard for this as it needs to be CORRECT!?

Thank you very mug for your luck too...
What subjects are you awaiting for too!?
:biggrin::wink::smile:

Are you going to be up tomorrow night awaiting boundaries to decipher your fate!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest