Scroll to see replies

Reply 4540
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I did CCEA as well. Are you AS or A2?

AS!
How about you?

If you're AS, how did you find them?
Reply 4541
Do you know how you could of all solved your results day worries?

You could of done a BTEC :smile:
Original post by Huntx
Maybe if your pic wasn't so blurry people would understand what your trying to say.

You have to click on it
Reply 4543
Any reccomendations of ways to kill time before the 15th? I'm super anxious at the moment and relying on energy drinks to stay awake during the day :frown:

Also; for people on the mei maths spec, how do people think they've done in the further units; mainly FP1 and NM. I thought FP1 was lovely apart from the last 12 mark question, and NM was absurdly hard
Original post by 566
AS!
How about you?

If you're AS, how did you find them?

I'm A2.
Maths was fine but school screwed me over last year for C2 and I made a stupid mistake in S1. C4 I think was fine but it's small things have me worried. Should still be fine though.

Physics should be grand as well, though I did forget to convert units in one question so I'm nervous over nothing from that :eek:

Further maths I really want the A*. F3 was tough however, nobody I know answered an 8 mark part in the last question, so I'm hoping for good scaling. S2 went well I think. I was disappointed last year with F1 last year as I thought I nearly aced it. M3, I would say, is the toughest exam I have done yet in my academic career. S1 was originally a FM module but they shuffle about to try to get you the best grades in both subjects.

Geography... AS exams for us were a tough year and the January repeats went up a LOT. Like some people went from a B to like 98 ums in one of the modules. This year I messed up the human geography exam and the other one I thought was slightly more difficult than usual but not much.

What were yours like? :biggrin:
I have to wait until 1:30pm to get my AS results.
Original post by Ché.
I didn't get phenomenal GCSEs... 3A*s 6 As and a B.

Average Oxford applicants have an A* percentage of 0.94. That's way out of my league...

But, Cambridge gave me the opportunity for redeem with UMS in consideration...

If I smash the UKCAT - like my mocks of 850 and 860 Averages - then I can fall into the category of the top!

Lets see though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Average Oxford applicants DO NOT have an average A* percentage of 0.94. This is totally incorrect.

I'm studying at Oxford, I got very similar GCSEs to you and everyone around me has pretty similar in terms of GCSE grades. Surely you get the odd person who got 11 A*, but the majority of people only have about 4 or 5.
I just woke up in a cold sweat at 4:30am with an overwhelming feeling of impending doom. I love the days leading up to results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im having so so much trouble sleeping.
4.30am and im sat with a cup of tea trying to become tired. Not workig at all.

I think when thursday comes knowing me ill fall asleep and end up being late or something :tongue:
Original post by Divergent
Im having so so much trouble sleeping.
4.30am and im sat with a cup of tea trying to become tired. Not workig at all.

I think when thursday comes knowing me ill fall asleep and end up being late or something :tongue:

Don't drink tea when you want to sleep!!
I always find laying down whilst watching a movie makes me sleepy
It kinda sucks really as I can never lay down and watch a film :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4550
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
Don't drink tea when you want to sleep!!
I always find laying down whilst watching a movie makes me sleepy
It kinda sucks really as I can never lay down and watch a film :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know of this hereditary or something but when my parents drink tea, it makes them feel sleepy and the same thing is happening to me. Meh
if any one here is able to get my result(ALs edexcel) before publishing please message me.thanks.
got excited that boundaries were out today but No, i'm thinking a day ahead -.-
Reply 4553
Is anyone awake yet? Slept for only twenty minutes and my sister :angry: woke me up. Now it's gone forever! Might as well take a shower
Wow, I seriously cannot believe it...2 more days and my life is literally taking a horrible turn for the worse. I know for sure that I won't be meeting my offer to study Medicine and I don't even know how to accept my situation. Definitely gonna be in denial until I see my track status. Sigh, really didn't see this coming but after my terrible exams, this is inevitable. How will I face everyone? All my teachers who had faith in me, my friends who will all be going off to Uni...my parents, GULP! I am seriously considering running off to be a Buddhist monk or something.
Oh God,
I just received my CIE A-Levels.
My firm (KCL) wants AAB,
but my CIE grades are A*B (currently waiting for the other A Level from Edexcel).
Assuming I get a B for my other A Level, what do you guys think my chances are in getting in?

D:
(edited 10 years ago)
Tuesday
Wednesday

Looks like 2 minutes remaining :frown:
Reply 4557
It's taken me this long to have my first proper results day dream. Well I got into my firm anyway. Then realised I was dreaming. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4558
I've got two wedding today. Yes two! Hopefully they'll occupy me!
Original post by dbrisingr
Oh God,
I just received my CIE A-Levels.
My firm (KCL) wants AAB,
but my CIE grades are A*B (currently waiting for the other A Level from Edexcel).
Assuming I get a B for my other A Level, what do you guys think my chances are in getting in?

D:

:O well done on the A* and lets hope that other grade is an A. I think you have a strong case especially with an A*, they might accept you as a near miss but I'd call them up if your edexcel result doesn't go to plan. I am jealous of CIE'ers getting their results today :eek:

Latest