The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had a bad dream :frown: it was bad coz I got good results which i know for sure isn't gonna happen, I think I'm going into cardiac arrest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alii_786
Oh hello sleepless nights! Probably expecting the same for next 2 nights ... And to top it off,
Driving test tomorrow morning
Followed by grade boundaries
And then the results!
That's my future being decided in the next 48 hours :/

Wow.... That's rough! :s

Good luck though! :biggrin:
Reply 4582
Oh hello sleepless nights! Probably expecting the same for next 2 nights ... And to top it off,
And then the results!

Good luck for the driving test, don't let results day affect your performance. Keep your mind occupied and keep going over driving test tips. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HPAG
Had to go out. Rushed. Pardon the grammar, exalted one. :smile:

You are forgiven.

Original post by HPAG
I think the argument was based on the rich as a group. Individual cases can vary within a group. Read Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.

I've just bought that and intend to read it soon :biggrin:
Original post by ColourDog
Wow.... That's rough! :s

Good luck though! :biggrin:

Not great timings, right? It can go one way or the other!
Thanks though - need all the luck :smile:
Good luck to you too, if you're collecting results :smile:
Original post by ElChapo
This post is just terrible... Back that claim up please, I'm just intrigued to know from which study you learnt of this "correlation" because I have a feeling it's bullcrap. Also remember that intelligence isn't necessarily measured by the grades one achieves.

See my post on page 200. People want to disbelieve this because they think that it's somehow prejudiced or elitist. The fact is that intelligent people tend to become richer, and they pass on their intelligence.
Guys, when does track update?
Original post by Robbie242
I agree, and I believe Wealth can only affect potential rather than intelligence. E.g. enough wealth for private school fees gives a better teaching experience which allows students to show their potential more than the state school can. (that is an assumption though)

You're confusing 'wealth causes people to be more intelligent' with 'wealth is correlated with intelligence'. Ice cream sales and suncream sales are correlated, doesn't mean that I think that people buy ice cream and think 'what would go well with ice cream? Yeah, suncream'. It's merely a correlation, linked through different factors.
Original post by popnit
Good luck for the driving test, don't let results day affect your performance. Keep your mind occupied and keep going over driving test tips. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true - really nervous for it though, hopefully the nerves will calm down once I get in the car :smile: Yepp, I'm going through the tips and 'show me, tell me' questions. Any extra tips for the test? :smile:
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Defragmentation
Guys, when does track update?

Between 6 and 8 am.
i have an urge to keep taking sleeping pills until results day
Original post by Robbie242
:O well done on the A* and lets hope that other grade is an A. I think you have a strong case especially with an A*, they might accept you as a near miss but I'd call them up if your edexcel result doesn't go to plan. I am jealous of CIE'ers getting their results today :eek:

My brother needed the same grades as you and he got A*BB and his uni let him in. So it could be likely you will be let in

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone wondering: Track either opens at 7am or 8am, but I think it's 7.

Also, two days left, but once those two days are over (and hopefully if we all get the grades)... we have to countdown again until the start of uni (only 39 days to go for me! :biggrin: )

Wow, I'm nervous...
Reply 4593
And then the results!

Hello, I have my theory test today which is alright but I've heard people mainly fail on the hazard perception test, is it really different compared to the driving theory success dvd or is it around the same difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4594
Ok results day is actually scarily close now
Original post by RhaegarTargaryen
i have an urge to keep taking sleeping pills until results day

I'll join you in that. It just needs to be over with already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to ask this question again guys. Grade boundaries are released tomorrow, so does that mean today midnight 12pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 DAYS THOUGH OH MY GOD!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jayqwe
Hello, I have my theory test today which is alright but I've heard people mainly fail on the hazard perception test, is it really different compared to the driving theory success dvd or is it around the same difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the DVDs are pretty much exactly the same as the realy test :smile:
Reply 4599
Two days to go and I've come down with an ear infection, oh goody xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest