The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Original post by krishkmistry
Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.

Me too! What subjects are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deziah
Teachers get our results tomorrow, right? :ashamed2:

Sadly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosasaurr
true :') but I would have a souvenir from this *distressing* time :P

I guess so, 'souvenir' would be an interesting take on it.

Original post by Deziah

Yep. Schools get results tomorrow as they have to print them off and put them in envelopes etc.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Is there any way we can sticky this or make it show up everywhere? So people stop asking the same questions.

When will track update?
Between 6-8am. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

TRACK WILL NOT UPDATE AT MIDNIGHT, IF YOU THINK IT WILL. FINE. WASTE YOUR NIGHT ON IT :bigsmile:

When are grade boundaries released?
OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep :tongue:)

AQA: Wednesday (Again, after midnight though, but when you've woken up)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

Results or Track?
Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
If your track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! (also, you can probably phone with a rejection too).

Now, A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points but your university may not accept that. Chances are track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades.

It also depends what the B grade is in, if you're an engineer and the B is is Maths, chances are they'll say no. And say the A* is in Biology, again. Chances are slim, if at all existent.

Rejected: Call up. (slimmer chance)
Unconditional: Celebrate.
Conditional: Call up.

We've got all of this covered in various places in the guidance that's already available, but I've put an amended version of this into the OP. :smile:
I am gonna send my OCD medical proof today in a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illusionary
We've got all of this covered in various places in the guidance that's already available, but I've put an amended version of this into the OP. :smile:

:lol: people need to read the damn OP.
Original post by Deziah

Correct, I think that's why my mum has went away for a few days as she can't tell me before Thursday :redface:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Correct, I think that's why my mum has went away for a few days as she can't tell me before Thursday :redface:

1) she can just not tell you?:tongue:
2) she could tell you and make you swear not to tell anyone:rofl:
Original post by Vinster
Me too! What subjects are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

biology,chemistry,business and maths - you ?
Can't believe how close this is. Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 5290
Original post by PythianLegume
I'm not sure Durham ever enter clearing and adjustment, sorry :frown:

Unless that's your insurance?

I know they dont officially enter clearing, but i have heard they unis do allow you to phone direct and look for places. I know other good unis have done this before. Also pharmacy is new there so there maybe a chance!
Original post by study beats
I am gonna send my OCD medical proof today in a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's one of those? :confused:
Original post by Deziah

I'd totally forgotten about that :s-smilie:
Original post by pak1994
Thanks! I'm trying not to stress, but my family just doesn't help matters... :frown:

sorry to hear it :frown: either way it's only two days away now so not much longer to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1) she can just not tell you?:tongue:
2) she could tell you and make you swear not to tell anyone:rofl:

We don't have secrets in my family really and she would try her best not to tell me but I think her facial expressions would easily give it away :tongue:
Original post by jordi_A
I know they dont officially enter clearing, but i have heard they unis do allow you to phone direct and look for places. I know other good unis have done this before. Also pharmacy is new there so there maybe a chance!

Fair enough, good luck!
Does it say somewhere on AQA's website the time when their grade boundaries are out?
Could someone please clear something up for me? What is coming out tomorrow? Mark schemes or grade boundaries? Is this for all exam boards? Sorry if this is a stupid question or one that has been asked many times before. Just really panicking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krishkmistry
Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.

Don't worry bro, according to some extremely knowledgeable posters on here AS results don't matter at all!
Loughborough basically said contact us on results day so I didn't bother contacting Leicester :s-smilie: I hate that they know already

Latest