The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Yeah, one was absolutely terrible. We spent months on one book and so ran out of time for the others. Even then I had to teach most of it myself. She also refused to mark my coursework originally because it was 100 words over. I had no clue what I was doing and wanted a bit of direction! Oh I see! I made up a lot of my last one :frown:

What makes it worse, is that there always seems to be issues with marking in English Lit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's awful! she should have at least read it! as for the not having enough time, our history exam was like that - three questions and you choose two and we only got taught two topics so we had no choice but to choose those two questions.
yeah that's true. I just want Thursday to be over!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A

It's meme time :cool:

via Imgflip Meme Maker
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Don't worry bro, according to some extremely knowledgeable posters on here AS results don't matter at all!

i think the main concern is the predicted grades!
Reply 5303
Original post by MathsNerd1
We don't have secrets in my family really and she would try her best not to tell me but I think her facial expressions would easily give it away :tongue:

Couldn't they just not tell your mum? My mum works at my college and she's not finding my results out until I do because they won't let her near them.
Did my A levels, however didn't apply to uni this year and plan to apply in September instead as I was still unsure of what to do. Not too nervous about results day at all. Probably because I know I don't have a uni to go to at the moment. Good luck everyone and I hope you get into the Uni's you deserve! :smile:
Original post by the A* guy
Does it say somewhere on AQA's website the time when their grade boundaries are out?

it's at 8am for AQA :smile:
We don't have secrets in my family really and she would try her best not to tell me but I think her facial expressions would easily give it away :tongue:

Oh well, she didn't say anything :wink:

CIE weren't meant to have the teachers give them out for A Level... Yet they did :tongue:

No harm in knowing earlier imo
am I the only person who can pick up their results from 7.30?? :s-smilie:
Original post by KatriIvory
it's at 8am for AQA :smile:

Is there somewhere that says this on the AQA website?
Original post by Rosasaurr
am I the only person who can pick up their results from 7.30?? :s-smilie:

6:00 for me :smile: online :biggrin: nervous as ****!
Original post by Etoile
Couldn't they just not tell your mum? My mum works at my college and she's not finding my results out until I do because they won't let her near them.

They probably could but they've told her every year so far so I'm guessing they'll give her them again. I'm just hoping they're nothing to be upset about, especially as I did so much work to try and pull of what seemed the impossible for me :redface:
Original post by holyfire
sorry to hear it :frown: either way it's only two days away now so not much longer to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mainly that none of them have been through this before, and they just don't seem to grasp the concept of 'do not mention anything about results day, not a word!'. I get that they care, but my mum wants me to text her straight away but I said I can't guarantee that and she got upset.
Oh well, not long left (I'm now counting in hours as opposed to days left - even more scary).
Original post by needtosucceed=)
don't even talk about c3, I got a U in january :colondollar::colondollar: didn't bother resitting as I knew I wouldnt bother revising for it.
how did the resit go, im assuming you did it? what board are you for maths?
Ahhh really, i've never been a englishy kind of person, all that 'reading between the lines' just confused me :confused:

I got a D in january after having told my teacher that it went alright :facepalm: So, i took the resit in the summer and i genuinely think it went worse!
Edexcel maths is mine, i'm guessing you're on the same since you hated C3?
I thought i was good at English until A-levels - but then i learnt that everything in books is about sex in someway :laugh:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh well, she didn't say anything :wink:

CIE weren't meant to have the teachers give them out for A Level... Yet they did :tongue:

No harm in knowing earlier imo

Not at all and yeah I wouldn't mind knowing earlier :tongue:
Original post by rosasaurr
am i the only person who can pick up their results from 7.30?? :s

whaaaaattttt??????!!
Not at all and yeah I wouldn't mind knowing earlier :tongue:

Can't she text you at midnight?:moon:
Original post by Munrot07
6:00 for me :smile: online :biggrin: nervous as ****!

jealous :P

I think I'm gonna be up all night
is there a way for people who arent going uni this year to view results online?
Original post by Rosasaurr
jealous :P

I think I'm gonna be up all night

Same, i was up all night for GCSEs and they came on at 5:00, hoping these come on early too

Latest