The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For people where June 2013 isn't available on AQA, open it in incognito :smile:
Are you guys sure that's authentic? The physics grade boundaries are RIDICULOUSLY low.
Reply 7482
Original post by Alii_786
OMG congratulations :smile: I knew you could do it! I initially thought I failed hazard perception, but was really surprised when I passed :smile: Just dreading tomorrow and the day after .. Don't worry, you'll be fine for your results, are you collecting AS or A2 results?

I'm collecting my AS results which evidently isn't that important compared to A2 looking at this thread lool, are you the same or receiving A2 grades tomorrow? How was your driving test today?
Original post by Flowerii
Am I alone in actually planning out every little thing I intend on doing at Uni? I don't even know if I got in yet, but I already know which societies I'm going to make a bee-line for at the freshers fair! :bee:
Agh. It's like Christmas Eve, but terrifying.

Hahah no I've pretty much done that! I keep feeling like its christmas or like I'm going on holiday the way I have been counting down to it!!

Okay thanks, do you know what time they came out?
Original post by SyedaK
Whose checked out chemistry Salters OCR? Doomed or what!?

yeah jeez, thats all hope of uni out the window
Reply 7486
Original post by ALevel96
Edexcel physics grade boundaries are ridiculously low!!!

51/80 in unit 1 for an A
48/80 in unit 2 for a B

I'm not impressed with the Edexcel Physics A2 Unit 5 boundaries though. I am annoyed I might just miss out on an overall A - I need approximately 55 or 56 raw marks according to the boundaries and I don't know whether I got that or not.

Anyway good luck!
Edexcel chemistry :bricks:
Original post by sneha.vag
Good luck to you as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ikz94
So sweet! :smile: And to you too :biggrin:

You're welcome :smile:

I've just finished my 1st year of uni but thank you anways :smile: Hope you all do great!
Original post by SyedaK
Whose checked out chemistry Salters OCR? Doomed or what!?

Absolutely absurd, ridiculously high! There goes university tbh :frown:
Reply 7491
Original post by hvrey
Yes, which modules you want to know about?

It's okay, I'll just scroll through the link the other person found me! Thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 7492
Original post by vicky8761
yeah jeez, thats all hope of uni out the window

Original post by abzy1234
Absolutely absurd, ridiculously high! There goes university tbh :frown:

I'm guessing you guys are A2. That sucks!
Oh Unit 3 economics - 64 for an A*.
**** off Edexcel!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7494
AQA Is confusing me a little bit guys can someone help me out. It says that the marks are the scaled marks what does that mean

and how do I get what raw marks it is for an A in Chem 1 Chem 2 and Chem3X

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Bulbasaur
Unlucky :s-smilie: I did history unit 3 module C so I was quite happy, yours requires a higher mark for an A than mine does for an A* - but I'm guessing they're more generous on your paper. Geography unit 3 looks bad but that's actually average (iirc it was 72 in jan for an A*).

I knew our paper was straightforward and that it would be higher than normal, but that 56/70 for an A is just evil. That's some comfort, although my hope is that the lower than usual boundary for Unit 4 geog will help to compensate a little :/.

Original post by Muppetmad
I did History Unit 3 Module A. I'm pretty tense now, I must say - I was hoping History was going to be the subject where I could get an A* to make my offer. That now looks very difficult...

There may be lots of historians crying at my school tomorrow. Edexcel just cranked the boundary up to 11.
Original post by SyedaK
I'm guessing you guys are A2. That sucks!

Yup. F335 grade boundaries shot up by around 5 to 10 marks; I really don't know why, majority found it, at best, an average paper :/

But even F332, 82/100 seems really high. They've been fluctuating so much, that it's hard to see if they have any consistency tbh :frown:
Original post by dan94adibi
Oh Unit 3 economics - 64 for A*.
**** off Edexcel!

What was edexcel?
are the grade boundaries genuinely even out? i cant see them on the edexcel website. literally nowhere
anybody know what PAPER 01R stands for?? my physics edexcel papers seem to have two grade boundaries for one unit...not entirely sure what the difference is...same exam code too!?!!?

Latest