The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Anyone applying to university of strathclyde by the end of this year?

Scroll to see replies

I wasn't aware there was an open day? What dates that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 21
I'm applying for Accounting and Finance. Really want an offer as I think it will be my first choice!
Reply 22
Original post by NicolaJenkins
I wasn't aware there was an open day? What dates that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the 2nd and 3rd of September. There's some info about it on the Strathy website http://www.strath.ac.uk/openday/ :smile:
Thanks! I'll probably go one of the days. I've missed the ones previous so could be a good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Haha it would be funny if we all somehow bumped into each other on the open day
Reply 25
Is anyone going to Glasgow's open day as well as Strathclyde? I'm travelling up from Newcastle and staying overnight for both of them :smile: So excited it's finally time to apply for uni!!
Reply 26
Damn I didn't bump into anyone at the open days haha. I went to Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow and I'm pretty set on Strathclyde now!
Reply 27
Original post by scimpy331
Damn I didn't bump into anyone at the open days haha. I went to Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow and I'm pretty set on Strathclyde now!

That is a shame! I was there though, and same, set on applying there now. The only thing I didn't like was the steepness of that hill, but that is pretty trivial! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Irythm
That is a shame! I was there though, and same, set on applying there now. The only thing I didn't like was the steepness of that hill, but that is pretty trivial! :biggrin:

Haha yeah. Hopefully it'll mean I'll burn off all the fat from all the junk food over the course of my student life! See you at Freshers Week 2014!
Reply 29
I decided to stay on for 6th year so that I can put all my focus on getting my grades this year and then as most people say 6th year is a bit of a skive and I'll use that time to develop my personal statement and try to get some work experience! So guys I won't be seeing you next year but hey I am still going to apply to strathclyde so might see you in 2 years time!
Reply 30
Original post by legenRajveer
I decided to stay on for 6th year so that I can put all my focus on getting my grades this year and then as most people say 6th year is a bit of a skive and I'll use that time to develop my personal statement and try to get some work experience! So guys I won't be seeing you next year but hey I am still going to apply to strathclyde so might see you in 2 years time!

That's a good idea. Track me down when you get into Strathclyde and I'll buy you a drink :P
Reply 31
Original post by legenRajveer

And yeah, 6th year is a skive! Been great so far!
Reply 32
And yeah, 6th year is a skive! Been great so far!

Awesome :wink: Yeah I'll try to track you down by putting on papers everywhere with your student room name on them haha. Good luck with your application mate hope you get in and I'll see ya in probably two years time!
Reply 33
Hahaha! Aye cheers, you too! Good luck with your highers this year too!
Aye, I've applied for Chemistry and Biomedical Science. I'm a mature student - sat my Higher/AH exams back in 2003 - so will probably end up getting an offer conditional on passing the Strathclyde Summer School course seeing as my grades are above requirements but about 5 years past their use by date!
Hello all :wavey: I'll be applying for Biomedical Science and Biochemistry probably, but nothing is set in stone yet :smile: Anyone else? I have grades AAABBCC but there's a few resits in there and mostly humanities subjects so I'm currently doing a HNC in Applied Sciences and hoping to get an offer for second year entry :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm applying for mech eng MEng probably with international study. Hopefully I'll get a conditional on my highers although I'm doing advanced highers and judging by the numbers at open days mech eng is going to be really competitive this year and I suspect their minimal requirements will be just that. The course looked great, although I went on the Friday to the open day so didn't get to see round the department.
Thanks mate! In 5th year I did English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing! Got AAAAC, with the C in English! So I've got the grades to do physics at any Scottish university! Awesome, see you there!

I got almost the exact same results in the exact same subjects except I did Graph Comm. instead of computing. AAAAC, C in english, A's in maths, Physics, Chemistry and Graph Comm :biggrin:
Hey guys,

I applied to Strathclyde for MSc Investments and Finance and have received a conditional offer from them for the September 2014 session and I will definitely be coming to Strathclyde since I just need to graduate from my current degree. Hoping to see and meet new people there.

I'm just wondering when should an international student expect to arrive for the program? 1 week before? any help would be appreciated.
Reply 39
Original post by Jason Riise
I got almost the exact same results in the exact same subjects except I did Graph Comm. instead of computing. AAAAC, C in english, A's in maths, Physics, Chemistry and Graph Comm :biggrin:

Nice one! Those are great results!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending