The Student Room Group

AS level results

Let me introduce myself, I am a student who got 7 As at GCSE and I know A levels are much harder as today I came back with the results UUED, this surprised me, I take Physics (U), Maths (E), Geography (D) and Economics (U), I really don't understand how I did so poorly. Anyway I want to know if I can continue next year, I can definitely resit unit 2 for Economics (which is why I got a U) and easily pass it, but will my college let me go ahead into A2? As I will now get of my arse and work much harder. I believe anythings possible and I am willing to work much MUCH harder this year and possibly end with overall results like BBC or even BCC. This will require dedication but can be done, so please let me know if I can continue to A2? thanks.
Original post by uzzzii894
Let me introduce myself, I am a student who got 7 As at GCSE and I know A levels are much harder as today I came back with the results UUED, this surprised me, I take Physics (U), Maths (E), Geography (D) and Economics (U), I really don't understand how I did so poorly. Anyway I want to know if I can continue next year, I can definitely resit unit 2 for Economics (which is why I got a U) and easily pass it, but will my college let me go ahead into A2? As I will now get of my arse and work much harder. I believe anythings possible and I am willing to work much MUCH harder this year and possibly end with overall results like BBC or even BCC. This will require dedication but can be done, so please let me know if I can continue to A2? thanks.

Only your school can really advise on this - get in touch with them and ask. :smile:
Reply 2
Just because you did awesomely well (note the sarcasm), doesn't mean A-Levels are any harder.
Reply 3
Original post by IAmABaws
Just because you did awesomely well (note the sarcasm), doesn't mean A-Levels are any harder.

Wow! Great encouragement...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I do not understand why you mentioned your GCSEs at all. I got all Bs/cs did zero work, cared zero about the exam but got A* a* B at A-level, GCSe's are not a test of intelligence. Also why would you want to continue with such poor results.
Aww I feel really sorry im starting college soon y did u do so badly I need words of wisdom lol. Phone your school they should help you
Reply 6
Original post by DatFundle
I do not understand why you mentioned your GCSEs at all. I got all Bs/cs did zero work, cared zero about the exam but got A* a* B at A-level, GCSe's are not a test of intelligence. Also why would you want to continue with such poor results.

This.
Original post by DatFundle

What did you get those great results in?
I think you should restart.
Rethink your options, and change the courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, sorry to hear that you didn't do so great, but considering you did particularly well at GCSE (although obviously GCSE grades do not always reflect AS level performance) and I'm assuming you feel that you can do better, then I'd suggest perhaps just starting again (as remember we don't have Jan exams anymore), but rethinking your study strategy and seeing what happened with your June exams (so photocopies etc) obviously you'll need to hurry with this so you're prepared for next year what ever option you choose. (What I mean, is that if you choose to carry on, get photocopies of exam scripts if you don't know what went wrong, and even if you choose to restart then the photocopies can still help you)
I hope this helped a little.
Best wishes.
Reply 11
I got A in English Lit, A in Psychology, C in Drama and C in Biology at AS... Now i have no clue what to do because i dont want to do either drama or biology so i was wondering whether it would be a good idea to do a one year course in sociology.. Any advice?
Reply 12
All I know is GCSE's are absolutely nothing in comparison to A-Levels. I suggest you try your best, and resit the U grades and try and get B's or C's in those. And as for your E and D grades, then if you try really really really hard and get an A in the next unit, you might get a B.
Reply 13
Original post by uzzzii894

It depends on your college. They will probably have minimum grade requirements. So it's better to go ask your teachers or head of year.

Quick Reply

Latest