The Student Room Group

Need some help, please.

Hi everyone, i'm Anis.

I'm 17, with only two GCSE's, they're in English and Maths, but they're the only ones i have.

I want to do an academic course in College that gives him a chance of going to Uni, but I haven't got a clue what courses i'm able to take.

Any advise will be much appreciated, I have less than 7 days until I have to enroll for something and i haven't got a clue what to do!
Hey Anis, does the college not have some sort of advisor that could go into further detail with what would be best for you?
Reply 2
Original post by yorkshire.lad
Hey Anis, does the college not have some sort of advisor that could go into further detail with what would be best for you?

Nothing is open or available until next Thursday, when enrollment starts. I want to go their with an idea of what i could do, because as things stand i haven't got a clue what my options are and what my best option is.
Reply 3
Original post by Anis_05
Hi everyone, i'm Anis.

I'm 17, with only two GCSE's, they're in English and Maths, but they're the only ones i have.

I want to do an academic course in College that gives him a chance of going to Uni, but I haven't got a clue what courses i'm able to take.

Any advise will be much appreciated, I have less than 7 days until I have to enroll for something and i haven't got a clue what to do!

I suggest you try to redo you GCSEs then think of doing A-levels or Btec after as getting to uni will be very hard with two GCSEs try to get at 3-5 at grade C as it is the minumum for many unis.:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anis_05
Nothing is open or available until next Thursday, when enrollment starts. I want to go their with an idea of what i could do, because as things stand i haven't got a clue what my options are and what my best option is.

Didn't they give a list of courses? What are you interested in doing and what type of a career are you looking to go into in the future?
Reply 5
Original post by yorkshire.lad

This

With only 7 days to discuss and decide upon a course you would be happy with, you need to contact your student advisor A.S.A.P or you could try connexions

www.connexionslive.com

Good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by AW10
I suggest you try to redo you GCSEs then think of doing A-levels or Btec after as getting to uni will be very hard with two GCSEs try to get at 3-5 at grade C as it is the minumum for many unis.:biggrin:

Redoing them is not an option, i missed my original ones in year 11 due to illness and could only manage to retake English and Maths while a was recovering last year. They're both Bs but I don't have anything else.
Reply 7
Original post by Anis_05
Redoing them is not an option, i missed my original ones in year 11 due to illness and could only manage to retake English and Maths while a was recovering last year. They're both Bs but I don't have anything else.

you could try a Btec level 2 then do a Level 3 which may lead you to uni. Also I would phone some colleges up and ask for advice and as you are under 18 the council should provide an advisor which could potenially help you out alot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending