The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR History B: British Depth Study 1939-75 ( June 10th)

Not seen a thread for this paper so thought I would make one.

Feeling really confident for this paper :biggrin: The advantage being that all you have to do is some source analysis and a little mix of your own knowledge, and you have it in the bag :smile:

What did you all get for the CA?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:
Reply 2
I'm feeling okay about this paper; I'm a bit rusty on killer facts to put into the answers, but I'm not too bad with dates and stuff for Women, as we did a mock in that recently :biggrin: Youth would be fine, but I'm praying that Immigration won't come up :s-smilie: Do you have any idea what came up in the January 2013 paper? :smile:
And I got A* in my CA, which I was pleasantly surprised with, hehe! What did you get? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Feathersong
I'm feeling okay about this paper; I'm a bit rusty on killer facts to put into the answers, but I'm not too bad with dates and stuff for Women, as we did a mock in that recently :biggrin: Youth would be fine, but I'm praying that Immigration won't come up :s-smilie: Do you have any idea what came up in the January 2013 paper? :smile:
And I got A* in my CA, which I was pleasantly surprised with, hehe! What did you get? :biggrin:

I got an A* as welll :biggrin:

January 2013 was young people :biggrin: So the most likely topics which will come up will be immigration or women. I am hoping for women to come up at this point, not to say youth won't come up at all!
Reply 4
Not that many people doing this exam :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by lolface32
I got an A* as welll :biggrin:

January 2013 was young people :biggrin: So the most likely topics which will come up will be immigration or women. I am hoping for women to come up at this point, not to say youth won't come up at all!

Wow, congrats on that A*! :biggrin:
Oh darnit, I was hoping Immigration would come up so I wouldn't have to revise it :unimpressed: xDDDD I'm really hoping women will come up!! It seems more likely now, but it does mean I'll have to relearn the entire Immigration topic to make sure, hehe :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Feathersong
Wow, congrats on that A*! :biggrin:
Oh darnit, I was hoping Immigration would come up so I wouldn't have to revise it :unimpressed: xDDDD I'm really hoping women will come up!! It seems more likely now, but it does mean I'll have to relearn the entire Immigration topic to make sure, hehe :wink:

not to say you should not revise young people at all though!
I'm doing this exam, I need to do quite well because I got a middle/low A in the last one and am aiming for an A*, but fortunately I got full marks in the coursework so hopefully I can get an A*. :smile:

Women is the one it hasn't been for the longest but they might do immigration so it's less predictable - or teenagers but dear god I hope not.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I'm doing this exam but have no idea where to start revising! :s-smilie: Does anyone know any good websites that I can revise from?! :confused: I mean I don't even really know what the exam is on, apart from obviously I know it's on 1939-1975 in Britain... x
Original post by Quwissy
I'm doing this exam but have no idea where to start revising! :s-smilie: Does anyone know any good websites that I can revise from?! :confused: I mean I don't even really know what the exam is on, apart from obviously I know it's on 1939-1975 in Britain... x

I know, there doesn't appear to many helpful revision sites for this topic, Bitesize doesn't have it. However you can get past papers and mark schemes here, which are really helpful for showing you what examiners are looking for in answers, and the specification which basically lists the things you need to know and gives you an overview of the period. It starts talking about British Depth Study 39-75 on page 30. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by mitchellshazia
I'm doing this exam, I need to do quite well because I got a middle/low A in the last one and am aiming for an A*, but fortunately I got full marks in the coursework so hopefully I can get an A*. :smile:

Women is the one it hasn't been for the longest but they might do immigration so it's less predictable - or teenagers but dear god I hope not.

I am rooting for Women. Immigration came up on June 2012 and young people came up Jan 2013. Safe to assume women will come up. Still revise for all of them, not worth the risk :colondollar:
Original post by lolface32
I am rooting for Women. Immigration came up on June 2012 and young people came up Jan 2013. Safe to assume women will come up. Still revise for all of them, not worth the risk :colondollar:

Yep, probably women, I'm just worried they'll do one of the others as everyone will probably be assuming it's women. But yeah, no matter since I'll be revising all three anyway :smile:
Reply 12
I'm kinda worried about this exam! I hate not knowing whats gonna come up :s-smilie: anyone got any ideas to help me be well prepared? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by mitchellshazia
I know, there doesn't appear to many helpful revision sites for this topic, Bitesize doesn't have it. However you can get past papers and mark schemes here, which are really helpful for showing you what examiners are looking for in answers, and the specification which basically lists the things you need to know and gives you an overview of the period. It starts talking about British Depth Study 39-75 on page 30. :smile:

:tongue: Hopefully that will help me a bit but I think I've found out some things that will help me revise the actual topics themselves but thanks anyway :wink: x
Reply 14
Original post by kl18
I'm kinda worried about this exam! I hate not knowing whats gonna come up :s-smilie: anyone got any ideas to help me be well prepared? :smile:

My mum found a powerpoint on the Notting Hill Riots and she made a revision guide for the whole of the topic so I'll put the links bellow. Oh, the revision guide won't upload because it's apparently too big but if there's any other way you can think of for me to send it to you and if you want it of course, just tell me and I'll send it to you how ever you want (eg. through email). Hope this helps :smile: x
Reply 15
Original post by Quwissy
My mum found a powerpoint on the Notting Hill Riots and she made a revision guide for the whole of the topic so I'll put the links bellow. Oh, the revision guide won't upload because it's apparently too big but if there's any other way you can think of for me to send it to you and if you want it of course, just tell me and I'll send it to you how ever you want (eg. through email). Hope this helps :smile: x

This was useful, ty :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Quwissy
:tongue: Hopefully that will help me a bit but I think I've found out some things that will help me revise the actual topics themselves but thanks anyway :wink: x

What things are you using to revise the topics? if you dont mind me asking :smile:
I got A* in the coursework and an A in the Depth Study! Now I'm waiting for the results of the Germany Depth Study :frown: . Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by duchess eleanor
I got A* in the coursework and an A in the Depth Study! Now I'm waiting for the results of the Germany Depth Study :frown: . Good luck!

I got an A in germany last year :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Nick Latham
I'm doing the 1939-75 in depth study next year, what is it like? Is the content interesting to you?

I liked Germany a lot better, t'was a lot more interesting. But the British in depth study is honestly piss, not that much to remember at all, and it is all source analysis, which is fun :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending