The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flamegoblin0
Oh sorry, how about Leicester? Its also one of my choices! Are my chances good for that uni?

You would score 29/30 in academics and 28/30 in the UKCAT so 57/60 overall. This was the cutoff last year for an automatic interview
Reply 181
Oh sorry, how about Leicester? Its also one of my choices! Are my chances good for that uni?

You've got 55 points so your chances are bad considering that would have been a rejection last year - the cut-offs are decided each year though so it could go lower. It's very risky but up to you.

Edit: Actually got 57, therefore not as risky.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by k1rby
You've got 55 points so your chances are bad considering that would have been a rejection last year - the cut-offs are decided each year though so it could go lower. It's very risky but up to you.

How did you get 55? I got 57
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mynameisntbobk

I'd recieve 20 points for A*s in chem, physics, maths and any additional plus an A in bio and B in englisg Lang (+7) so 27 altogether for GCSEs, plus 2 for having achieved 2 As in AS level and plus 28 for 2810 score in ukcat which puts me onto 57/60, I might apply if I have added this all up correctly
I'd recieve 20 points for A*s in chem, physics, maths and any additional plus an A in bio and B in englisg Lang (+7) so 27 altogether for GCSEs, plus 2 for having achieved 2 As in AS level and plus 28 for 2810 score in ukcat which puts me onto 57/60, I might apply if I have added this all up correctly

You'd have 5+5+5+5+4+3 for your GCSE grades A*A*A*A*AB which gives you 27. You got AA in your maths and chemistry AS which adds 2 points giving you 29/30.
You score 28 in the UKCAT for getting above 2800, and that altogether would give you 57/60.
(edited 10 years ago)
You'd have 5+5+5+5+4+3 for your GCSE grades A*A*A*A*AB which gives you 27. You got AA in your maths and chemistry AS which adds 2 points giving you 29/30.
You score 28 in the UKCAT for getting above 2800, and that altogether would give you 57/60.

Do you think 57/60 is risky? I wish I took 4 AS levels this year :frown:
Reply 186

On the leicester 2013 thread, flamegoblin said he had 55/60, so I didn't bother to check. :tongue:

x

Read through this thread. Last year 57 was an automatic interview but the cut-off is decided each year depending on the applicant group so it could still be risky but definitely not as risky as a 55 score would be!
Original post by k1rby
On the leicester 2013 thread, flamegoblin said he had 55/60, so I didn't bother to check. :tongue:

Read through this thread. Last year 57 was an automatic interview but the cut-off is decided each year depending on the applicant group so it could still be risky but definitely not as risky as a 55 score would be!

Sorry I forgot to add 2 for acheiving As in my AS Levels aha, I may well apply with 57/60 hopefully my persona statement is well upyo scratchthis years ukcat scores have been really high but AS levels lower I think
Reply 188
Hmm, don't think I'm going to not apply here now sadly...but enjoyed the open day, looks like a great med school. Good luck Leicester applicants :smile:
Original post by Kirimin
When I went last year it was just a room divided up into 8 stations. I don't think I can really say much about the content but it wasn't just 8 interviews there was a good variety of activities.
I would say it was an 8/10? Maybe a bit less? I quite enjoyed it as I thought it tested you really well, but some of the stations were quite challenging, and it would have been easy to go wrong in them and get flustered (as you would expect from a medical interview)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you find the hardest and easiest station?
Reply 190
Original post by PG593
Hmm, don't think I'm going to not apply here now sadly...but enjoyed the open day, looks like a great med school. Good luck Leicester applicants :smile:

Clearly your subconscious is telling you to apply anyway :wink:
Reply 191
Original post by NightStarz
What did you find the hardest and easiest station?

I don't think I can really say much about them without revealing loads, that and I don't really remember. Any of them could have been difficult or easy depending on the person really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait guys!!! Love Leicester + new med school looks awesome! I think I've managed to secure myself an interview which makes me even more nervous!!!
Reply 193
Could someone please tell me what my score would be? For GCSE I have 4 A* (including chemistry), 4 A's (including maths and physics) and 3 B's (including biology and English language). For AS level I got AAAB in Chemistry, Biology, Classical Civilisation and Maths. My UKCAT is 2960 (740 average) situational judgement is Band 1
Reply 194
Original post by Mary.A
Could someone please tell me what my score would be? For GCSE I have 4 A* (including chemistry), 4 A's (including maths and physics) and 3 B's (including biology and English language). For AS level I got AAAB in Chemistry, Biology, Classical Civilisation and Maths. My UKCAT is 2960 (740 average) situational judgement is Band 1

27 for academics and 29 for UKCAT so overall 56 :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by k1rby

How did you work this out?
Original post by Mary.A

27/30 in academics
29/30 in the UKCAT

56/60. Last year, this would have been below the cutoff for automatic interviews
Reply 197
27/30 in academics
29/30 in the UKCAT

56/60. Last year, this would have been below the cutoff for automatic interviews

How did you work this out?
Original post by k1rby

You posted this a whole 2 minutes before me yet I didn't see it :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending