The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm an international applicant applying to Barts this UCAS cycle. I've completed my AS, with 5A's, and am predicted A*s for all five, giving me tariff points of around 700 ish? However, my UKCAT score isn't much to be happy about (2510).
Is Barts sensible? I'm having second thoughts :s
Original post by PG593
Hey all, going to be applying here too :biggrin: Just to confirm, is it a 50/50 weighting on UCAS Tariffs and UKCAT? I've only got A levels to go on so hope they're enough :smile: (I play guitar and piano for fun, not for grade 8 crazy tariff points :tongue: hope I'm not the only one in this situation)

me too! I'm doing 5 A-levels so that I can keep my UCAS tariff up for Barts!
Reply 242
Original post by tamil4

Biggest respect for you :smile: It may be difficult but if you manage your time well, no reason why you can't excel in them all :biggrin:
Original post by PG593
UCAS tariff for me is 620, UKCAT is 740. How about you? :tongue:

UCAS tariff 690 and UKCAT 743 :smile: hopefully we'll get called for an interview at least!! really like barts!!
Original post by tamil4

how many tariff points do you have?
Reply 245
Original post by raspbewwies
I'm an international applicant applying to Barts this UCAS cycle. I've completed my AS, with 5A's, and am predicted A*s for all five, giving me tariff points of around 700 ish? However, my UKCAT score isn't much to be happy about (2510).
Is Barts sensible? I'm having second thoughts :s

With a UCAS tariff like that, you stand a good shot!
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
how many tariff points do you have?

Original post by PG593
Biggest respect for you :smile: It may be difficult but if you manage your time well, no reason why you can't excel in them all :biggrin:

Haha Yeah I hope they go alright!
My UCAS tarrif is 540 and my UKCAT score is 800. What are my chances? Is it safe applying?
Original post by GCSE-help
My UCAS tarrif is 540 and my UKCAT score is 800. What are my chances? Is it safe applying?

Im similar to you! I have 540 tariff but 740 UKCAT. Nice UKCAT score mate :smile: I think we should be safe based on last year!
Reply 249

I'm pretty sure you are safe mate, check last year's data to ease your nerves :redface:
Anyone going to the open day tomorrow?

I wanted to but it's money and stuff to get there :frown: are you going?
Original post by raveen789
I wanted to but it's money and stuff to get there :frown: are you going?

Yeah I want to go, but trouble is I booked it just today and they haven't replied yet :colondollar:

Tbh I might go even if I don't get a reply. Hopefully they let us go around the place, I don't want to be applying to my top choice without having been to the place first. :smile:
Reply 253

I am, I am :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
UCAS tariff 690 and UKCAT 743 :smile: hopefully we'll get called for an interview at least!! really like barts!!

With a tariff like that you're pretty much guaranteed an interview, that's exceptional. Do you take 5 A levels?
Original post by DrumChops
With a tariff like that you're pretty much guaranteed an interview, that's exceptional. Do you take 5 A levels?

yeah I took 6 AS and i'm doing 5 A2s! barts is the only place that actually gives me an advantage....other places don't seem to care :frown:
yeah I took 6 AS and i'm doing 5 A2s! barts is the only place that actually gives me an advantage....other places don't seem to care :frown:

Woah, well good luck with them!
What is a safe ucas tarrif, im on 540 is that not good enough. My ukcat was 713 btw
Reply 258
Did everyone at the open day enjoy 'innovative gate' as I'm calling it? She didn't have a bloody clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Guys can anyone help me on this:
My UCAS tariff points will be either 520 or 540 and my UKCAT score was 3020. What is the likelihood of getting an interview for undergraduate medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending