The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jam277
I've lived in liverpool for two years and people think I talk like I'm a pubber from the east end who bricklays. I don't even have a east london accent its a mixture of ghetto and slightly posh depending on who I'm with and how I feel like.

I'm sure that some Southerners think that I'm stupid/uneducated because I don't have a neutral accent. Most people don't say anything but a guy at uni once asked me if I had ever tried to change my accent, which was quite rude.
Reply 141
I love scouse accents :love:

So yes, I would date a scouser.
A Scouse accent on a lady is a very nice thing indeed. Mmm... Supposing I was buying a new car off-of some Scouse gent, NO-HO-WAY mate. No way. (Only partially serious).
Absolutely not. Well-spoken English is an absolute must as far as I am concerned. Call me prejudiced if you like, I don't care.
Nah.

Not a fan of harsh accents.

If Cheryl Cole stopped speaking, I could possibly see why people found her attractive.
Reply 145
Original post by Anonymous
Absolutely not. Well-spoken English is an absolute must as far as I am concerned. Call me prejudiced if you like, I don't care.

You clearly do, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to post anonymously.
Reply 146
YES!!
Do people not realise that there are actually quite a few different variations in the scouse accent? I'm from Liverpool and mostly the accent sounds friendly, attractive, not so harsh, just a lovely northern twang.. but there are some people who I swear put it on to sound hard in front of their mates.. that kind of scouse accent pisses me off! I wouldn't date then because of the kind of person they are, more than what they sound like!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by TheRandomer
Do people not realise that there are actually quite a few different variations in the scouse accent? I'm from Liverpool and mostly the accent sounds friendly, attractive, not so harsh, just a lovely northern twang.. but there are some people who I swear put it on to sound hard in front of their mates.. that kind of scouse accent pisses me off! I wouldn't date then because of the kind of person they are, more than what they sound like!

Yeah I knew quite a few people like that when I was younger and they made out it was how they actually spoke, funny enough their accents softend a lot in their early 20s...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes of course, all accents above Sheffield are music to my ears.
Original post by ginger.
You clearly do, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to post anonymously.

You make a very good point. Allow me to correct myself; I don't care if people know that I as a real person wouldn't date someone with a scouse accent, but I do care about my lovely little reputation gems on TSR and since the people online aren't going to listen to or agree with my explanation for why I have this preference before they click the thumbs down button, I thought I'd better protect myself by posting anonymous so that the OP could have my opinion without me risking my rep.
Reply 151
Never

would bang though.
Reply 152
Original post by Yawn11
Never

would bang though.

Dear 'Boring 11' (TSR Idiot)

Go and play elsewhere.

Jonty
Reply 153
Original post by pandabird
:rofl: I'd rep this so hard if I could.

Me thinks you spend far too much time on here, pandabird.

Remember, if you don't pass your SATs your parents will be most displeased :wink:

Jonty (an individual who has only your best interests at heart)
Jonty,

I'm a proud scouse woman, and I'd just like to say thank you for everything you wrote there. I hate that scousers are still stereotyped..It fumes me.
Liverpudlians are one of the friendliest, most genuine in the population. (I've travelled but I always love coming home)

I'm from Litherland in Liverpool, so my accent isn't as hard as other areas. But I'm defo a proud scouse girl, who will not take what these narrow minded people think to heart.. each to their own. **** em!

Traa :smile:
Neither John Lennon or Bishop are half mancunian
****ing love a scouser lass and have been with quite a few by now

@gjd800 this thread might be a good read with some tea lol
Original post by AvocatDuDiable
Imagine a guy/girl who you'd want to go out with. We're not talking Mr/Miss Perfect here, just someone who meets your standards. Could even be a real person you know and admire.

Now imagine that person with a scouse accent. Would you still go out with them, given the chance?

I doubt it you would say this about a black person
(DISCLAIMER: I am in no way criticising, making wild generalisations about or otherwise insulting scousers. Most scousers I've encountered are very nice people. I'm just curious to know TSR's opinions.)

I doubt it you would say this about a black person
No thanks.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
****ing love a scouser lass and have been with quite a few by now

@gjd800 this thread might be a good read with some tea lol

Hahaha not sure I want to see the answers :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending