The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey I was wondering if my scores are somewhat competitive enough to gain an interview based on last year's stats? Also Im an international student if that makes any difference...

Tariff points: 617

UKCAT: 667.5

What do you guys think? :smile:

On a different note, how does the Uni use the personal statement to hand out offers?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 321
Original post by jollygood
Ohh, I hope you get in this time. Where else did you apply?

I applied to Exeter, Nottingham and Oxford as well.
Reply 322
Original post by pierrehemming
Hey I was wondering if my scores are somewhat competitive enough to gain an interview based on last year's stats? Also Im an international student if that makes any difference...

Tariff points: 617

UKCAT: 667.5

What do you guys think? :smile:

On a different note, how does the Uni use the personal statement to hand out offers?

I'm not sure about stats for international students but with regards to your personal statement I think they just look at it for the interview and ask about a few things about it.
Reply 323
Original post by etry
Hey guys, can someone help me out with the tariff points? I'm a little confused as how they are allocated. I do know I have 95 points for music qualifications but how much does a prediction of AAAA in AS give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google UCAS tariff...
Anyway a prediction of AAAA in A2 will give 480. Making your total UCAS of 575. Which is quite good! What's your UKCAT like?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 324
Considering changing Queen Mary for HYMS/UEA... I'm a bit stuck :frown:
Reply 325
Original post by KanKan
Google UCAS tariff...
Anyway a prediction of AAAA in A2 will give 480. Making your total UCAS of 575. Which is quite good! What's your UKCAT like?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

The prediction is for AS actually. I'm sitting for AS in two weeks. My UKCAT average is 717.5 but got a band 3 for situational judgement. Is that going to affect anything? Pretty worried :\
I will apply here too!
Tariffs 620: A*A*AAb and b in EPQ

UKCAT 2950

Hopefully will get an interview then :P
No point applying here right? On a gap.

Achieved A-Levels AAA in biology chemisty maths
Acheived AS-Level A in computer science

so thats 120+120+120+60 = 420, they require 460 minimum

My ukcat is good though, 720 average, 2880 overall.
Reply 328
Does anybody know, I'm sure I've head that if you apply for A101 at barts, you are automatically considered for the A100 if you are unsuccessful. Is this true?

Thanks
Original post by random32
Does anybody know, I'm sure I've head that if you apply for A101 at barts, you are automatically considered for the A100 if you are unsuccessful. Is this true?

Thanks

I know this is apparently the case for King's GPEP, not sure about Barts!
Reply 330
Original post by Cephalosporin
I know this is apparently the case for King's GPEP, not sure about Barts!

Oh ok, Thank you!
Original post by babychocolate
I would say that you have a chance and yes barts is a part of queen mary london

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well spotted:smile:
Original post by etry
The prediction is for AS actually. I'm sitting for AS in two weeks. My UKCAT average is 717.5 but got a band 3 for situational judgement. Is that going to affect anything? Pretty worried :\

they arent looking at SJT this year, I checked with them
hi everyone! i'm in my last year at american high school, and so i would be applying to barts as an international. i have 850 ucas tariff (430 already earned, plus 420 predicted for this year) and 3100 ukcat. i really love barts and i really want to apply. any advice?

i also have a question about age requirements: i know we have to be 18 "at the start of the course", but when is that? the queen mary website lists term dates but the thing about that is there's an induction week (starting 15 september), and then the teaching starts a week after that (22 september). I'll be 18 on 18 september, in the middle of induction week. given that the teaching doesn't start till the 22nd, is that the "start of the course" the 22nd or the 15th?

thanks xx :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by redheadsoprano
hi everyone! i'm in my last year at american high school, and so i would be applying to barts as an international. i have 850 ucas tariff (430 already earned, plus 420 predicted for this year) and 3100 ukcat. i really love barts and i really want to apply. any advice?

i also have a question about age requirements: i know we have to be 18 "at the start of the course", but when is that? the queen mary website lists term dates but the thing about that is there's an induction week (starting 15 september), and then the teaching starts a week after that (22 september). I'll be 18 on 18 september, in the middle of induction week. given that the teaching doesn't start till the 22nd, is that the "start of the course" the 22nd or the 15th?

thanks xx :smile:

Is this 430 earned from Music qualification because it looks like as if you are calculating tariff for your AS grades as well. And the age matter, its best to ask the Admission tutor via email. They usually want the students to be 18 on the day when course starts.
Original post by jollygood
Is this 430 earned from Music qualification because it looks like as if you are calculating tariff for your AS grades as well. And the age matter, its best to ask the Admission tutor via email. They usually want the students to be 18 on the day when course starts.

in the us we have advanced placement exams (equivalent to a levels) and you can take them in the last and second last years. the 430 is from my ap scores from last year
Hi, im just wondering if it matters that im only doing 3 A2s, my ucas tariff is 550 btw
Reply 337
Original post by tamil4
they arent looking at SJT this year, I checked with them

That's really good to hear. Thank you (:
Original post by Mo_maths
Hi, im just wondering if it matters that im only doing 3 A2s, my ucas tariff is 550 btw

Not really, obviously 550 is a competitive tariff (i hope because im applying with 540) :tongue:
but if you do more A levels you get more tariff which is beneficial but if doing more A levels will effect your grades then it's not worth it, especially since your tariff is pretty competitive anyway! :smile:
Original post by raveen789
Not really, obviously 550 is a competitive tariff (i hope because im applying with 540) :tongue:
but if you do more A levels you get more tariff which is beneficial but if doing more A levels will effect your grades then it's not worth it, especially since your tariff is pretty competitive anyway! :smile:

sweet, I was on 540 but found out funtional skills maths gets you 10 lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending