The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k1rby
Leicester will contact you by email and interviews don't show up on track ever really.

Watch them update this: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates They'll say when they're handing out interviews + offers.

In case it helps anyone, I had a score of 57. I was contacted by email on the 27/11/12 as an invitation to interview for the 25/02/13. Then I got an email on the 07/03/13 saying I had an offer. :smile:

That's awesome, gave you a decent amount of time to get prepared :tongue:
Original post by MedicalMike
Anyone been called to interview yet?

Wouldn't ask, but i've seen other people on the Durham and Manchester thread saying they'd been called to interview and I'm wondering if anyone from Leicester has?

I was also wondering that if we are to be called to interview will that be posted on our UCAS track? Or do they only email/call us.

Thanks a lot!

Wow I didn't realise interviews were already going out off ukcat unis...I didn't think they had our scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
Wow I didn't realise interviews were already going out off ukcat unis...I didn't think they had our scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The manchester guy is a troll, and the Durham person (if true) is a reapplicant with something like 3A* achieved and had put their UKCAT score (780) on UCAS form.
Original post by g.k.galloway

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I remember they don't get sent until at least early November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Newtothis83
From what I remember they don't get sent until at least early November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's true, apparently during the week commencing the 4th of November... That's why I was wondering!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 565
Hi. Does anyone have an idea of the questions or scenarios given during the interview?
Reply 566
Why on earth is the UCAS deadline so early then..?! And what on earth is Pearson Vue doing in the mean time *Humph*

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Original post by KanKan
Why on earth is the UCAS deadline so early then..?! And what on earth is Pearson Vue doing in the mean time *Humph*

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why unis cannot recieve our UKCAT results earlier either...it would speed up the process a lot!
Reply 568
Here are the qualities that will be assessed at the MMIs:

Verbal communication

Written communication

Listening

Problem solving

Motivation

Ability to show empathy

How will the qualities shown in bold be assessed? Is there anything that happens during a Leicester interview that is unique and unheard of that I should know about (how it differs from any other unis' MMIs)?

Thanks guys and good luck :biggrin:
Anyone heard anything more on how the SJT test could be substituted for one of the MMI stations? Because it said they MAY do just that on their website!
Original post by MedicalMike
Anyone heard anything more on how the SJT test could be substituted for one of the MMI stations? Because it said they MAY do just that on their website!

On an open day recently they said it may be used as a tie breaker. I took this to mean if two candidates scored the same at interview they would then see who did better at SJT. It would not substitute a station but be used in addition.
Reply 571
Original post by Amyk89
On an open day recently they said it may be used as a tie breaker. I took this to mean if two candidates scored the same at interview they would then see who did better at SJT. It would not substitute a station but be used in addition.
I have looked on Leicester's web-site: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/documents/2014A100Scoringupdated22Aug13incSJT.pdf and this is the official line with regard to Situational Judgement: 'Please note that the Situational Judgement Test (SJT) will not be forming part of the UKCAT score for 2014. Therefore, applicants will not be rejected solely on the basis of a low SJT score. We may, however, use the UKCAT SJT score as a virtual multiple mini-interview station.' I am uncertain if they will use it as a tie breaker. I understand that the Situational Judgement results will be used for 2015 cycle. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 572
Original post by k1rby
X

Hi K1rby, mind adding me to the crew list? :smile:

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a graduate applicant applying to both the 4 & 5 year courses (good to know I'm not alone in that!).

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the cut-off last year for graduates applying to the 5 year programme was 56 (may well go up this year...).

Also, I know that as a graduate, if you do not have the required 1 year healthcare work experience then your application goes straight in the bin (this apparently accounts for almost half of all the A101 applications). They are very strict on this.

Nice to meet you all! It's good to be able to share this ridiculous wait with people...
Reply 573
Original post by Alumno
Hi K1rby, mind adding me to the crew list? :smile:

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a graduate applicant applying to both the 4 & 5 year courses (good to know I'm not alone in that!).

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the cut-off last year for graduates applying to the 5 year programme was 56 (may well go up this year...).

Also, I know that as a graduate, if you do not have the required 1 year healthcare work experience then your application goes straight in the bin (this apparently accounts for almost half of all the A101 applications). They are very strict on this.

Nice to meet you all! It's good to be able to share this ridiculous wait with people...

Of course! :smile:
Reply 574
I am glad the Manchester guy is a troll, I was worried! I guess we will only start hearing next week then !! Ah it's such a long time :frown: good luck everyone!
Original post by meghollands
I am glad the Manchester guy is a troll, I was worried! I guess we will only start hearing next week then !! Ah it's such a long time :frown: good luck everyone!

More the week after I reckon :smile: once we hit the 5th ish of November I reckon there will be a big rush haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, just checking into this one thread of a few a100 threads today

K1rby, do you mind adding me to the crew list scrolly thingy? ;D haha i thought that was really neat of you to do that :P

Little background, i'm applying to Leicester (of course) with 59/60 (yay), Nottingham, Newcastle, HYMS and UEA biomed.
Seen a few profiles that pop up frequently in the respective threads like Dr. Django (nice name), g.k galloway and medicalmike, of a few that i can remember and you all seem like really cool people!

All the best with everyone's application and I wish everyone to do well at interview!

x
Reply 577
Original post by P I E R E
Hey guys, just checking into this one thread of a few a100 threads today

K1rby, do you mind adding me to the crew list scrolly thingy? ;D haha i thought that was really neat of you to do that :P

Little background, i'm applying to Leicester (of course) with 59/60 (yay), Nottingham, Newcastle, HYMS and UEA biomed.
Seen a few profiles that pop up frequently in the respective threads like Dr. Django (nice name), g.k galloway and medicalmike, of a few that i can remember and you all seem like really cool people!

All the best with everyone's application and I wish everyone to do well at interview!

x

Done and good luck! :smile:
Reply 578
Woop Woop A100 Leicester 2014! :jebus: fingers crossed...

I was wondering if anyone has been called for interviews yet from Leicester?
And I am right in thinking that you only need to have a high enough score to get called for the interview, I have a score of 58/60 which I hope is high enough. I hope they haven't become too strict to raise it from 57 last year, to like 59 or 60 this year. :/
Reply 579
Pretty much given up on getting a place here cuz as I've realised I've only scored 55 (28 academics) and (27 in UKCAT). I have 6A*s but don't have then in the right subjects and I blame verbal reasoning for my low UKCAT score :/ such a shame seeing as leicester was my favourite - but good luck to all you guys :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending