The Student Room Group

Biomedical Sciences Interview - Manchester

Hi
I've just received an interview for Biomed at Manchester and I'm just wondering who else has too?
Or if anyone has already had an interview what are the questions they ask like? what is the dresscode and is there anything I possibly need to read up on before going??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just started biomed at Manchester in September :smile: The interview is extremely relaxed and nothing to agonise over, they just go over a couple of points in your personal statement and ask the obvious questions (why do you want to study the course, why this university etc.) Nobody I know was asked anything scientific.
When I went most people were dressed casually, including the interviewers.
Good luck!
Reply 2
I've got an interview at Manchester for biomedical sciences on 30th October. whens yours
Reply 3
I just wanted to ask you what I should wear. Is a dress with a blazer on top ok and do they give you the offer there and then or do they put it on your ucas track later
Reply 4
I also have an interview on Wednesday.
Did anyone apply for bio-med as a back up and were you requested to provide an alternative PS?
Reply 5
Hey guys What books/articles did everyone include in their personal statement, if any? Struggling to find them! Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Areesha
I also have an interview on Wednesday.
Did anyone apply for bio-med as a back up and were you requested to provide an alternative PS?

Yep. Mines on WEdnesday too
Original post by Ry_p94
I just started biomed at Manchester in September :smile: The interview is extremely relaxed and nothing to agonise over, they just go over a couple of points in your personal statement and ask the obvious questions (why do you want to study the course, why this university etc.) Nobody I know was asked anything scientific.
When I went most people were dressed casually, including the interviewers.
Good luck!

Would a suit be alright or is that over the top ?
Reply 8
I've got an interview on Wednesday. I've applied for dentistry and my back up is biomedical sciences
Reply 9
Original post by smajid
yep. Mines on wednesday too

good luck!! :d
Reply 10
Original post by suboftheday_
Would a suit be alright or is that over the top ?

Over the top, a couple of people wore suits when I went and they looked out of place.
Reply 11
Original post by kinz96
I just wanted to ask you what I should wear. Is a dress with a blazer on top ok and do they give you the offer there and then or do they put it on your ucas track later

Can't really comment on girls clothing but they generally give you an offer at the end of the interview. If you're given a high offer (AAA) they'll be very lenient on results day and usually let you drop a grade.
My interview is on the 6th of novemeber
what further reading should i do?
What wouldguys reccommend?

Also did anyone else get told to alter their personal statement (i.e i applied for medicine ive been asked to change my ps to show interest in biomed)
Reply 13
Original post by kinz96
I've got an interview on Wednesday. I've applied for dentistry and my back up is biomedical sciences

me too! did you get an offer yesterday?
Reply 14
I got an offer of 3 A's
Reply 15
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha
My interview is on the 6th of novemeber
what further reading should i do?
What wouldguys reccommend?

Also did anyone else get told to alter their personal statement (i.e i applied for medicine ive been asked to change my ps to show interest in biomed)

I was asked for an alternative personal statement because I've applied for dentistry. read up and make sure you know everything you've written in your personal statement. For example, I wrote about Genetic Engineering, Molecular Biology and the Immune and System and I was asked what I enjoyed about it and why I enjoy it. Analyse your PS make notes on top of your PS and elaborate on what you've mentioned in case youre asked anything about it. a lot of people got offers on the day, straight after my interview I was given a conditional offer of AAA. it is highly relaxed, don't worry just be confident. I wasn't worried or nervous at all I was quite confident so I was able to stay relaxed and talk confidently. hope it helped :smile::smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Areesha
good luck!! :d

did you get an offer? I got an offer of AAA
Original post by smajid
I was asked for an alternative personal statement because I've applied for dentistry. read up and make sure you know everything you've written in your personal statement. For example, I wrote about Genetic Engineering, Molecular Biology and the Immune and System and I was asked what I enjoyed about it and why I enjoy it. Analyse your PS make notes on top of your PS and elaborate on what you've mentioned in case youre asked anything about it. a lot of people got offers on the day, straight after my interview I was given a conditional offer of AAA. it is highly relaxed, don't worry just be confident. I wasn't worried or nervous at all I was quite confident so I was able to stay relaxed and talk confidently. hope it helped :smile::smile:

That's brilliant, congratulations!!
Can I ask, did they ask you any scientifically based questions, was the interview scientifically based or were the only science questions about your personal statement!
I'm so nervous!!
Reply 18
You shouldnt be worried trust me its soooo relaxed! They didnt ask me any science questions. She asked me what I enjoyed about the immune system so i explained the immune system and why i find it interesting. If you have mentioned anything scientific then do go over it because theyll ask you why you enjoy it. About your PS theyll just ask you questions on it. Make sure you know it inside out so if anyone asks you anu questions you can easily add to what youve already written. Think of it like this, your personal statement is the flesh and bones but your interview is adding the heart and soul. Show them youre passionate about it :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha
That's brilliant, congratulations!!
Can I ask, did they ask you any scientifically based questions, was the interview scientifically based or were the only science questions about your personal statement!
I'm so nervous!!

You shouldnt be worried trust me its soooo relaxed! They didnt ask me any science questions. She asked me what I enjoyed about the immune system so i explained the immune system and why i find it interesting. If you have mentioned anything scientific then do go over it because theyll ask you why you enjoy it. About your PS theyll just ask you questions on it. Make sure you know it inside out so if anyone asks you anu questions you can easily add to what youve already written. Think of it like this, your personal statement is the flesh and bones but your interview is adding the heart and soul. Show them youre passionate about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending